Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babydes56 View Post
    Since i found out i'm having a girl after being on diet for absolute ages i've been doing a little research about vegetarian men & i found that if DH is a vegetarian you are more likely to have girls but if DW is a vegetarian & DH isnt then there's a better chance of boys. Just something i noticed, it could be just the few i asked
    Well, it's been studied and actually found that vegetarians overall do have more daughters BUT there are still plenty of boys born to vegetarians. Some vegetarians have extremely healthful diets with a lot of healthy fats and proteins.

I live nearby a 7th Day Adventist boarding school (so the teachers and their families live at the school along with a lot of their students) and OMG do they have a lot of daughters. Like a crazy amount - 9 out of 10 families were all girls. The only family that didn't have all girls was the pastor's wife and she once told me that her husband was secretly a hunter and they ate meat all the time and no one was supposed to know. Then he lit the house on fire deep frying a corn dog so the secret kinda escaped haha.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks PadrePioidevotemyfirstson thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babydes56 View Post
    Bec, maybe there's something to it. My DH smokes too but i know hundreds of boys who've been conceived when DH smokes so i honestly think i'm having a girl because my DH is a vegetarian. His brother who's also a vegetarian only has girls
    None of these things are 100% unfortunately. It's all about the fertility factor - if your body and DH's stay fully fertile despite doing "bad" things like smoking, you're still going to have more boys than girls and if yoru fertility is suppressed for some reason despite doing everything "right" you'll still have more girls.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to chip in. I'm a vegetarian and have two boys. My DP isn't. I'm swaying pink this time so diet is different atm but.

I ate loads of jacket potatoes with baked beans and cheese. Roast vegetable wraps, homemade root vegetble soups, Vegetable curries, Pasta bakes. Home made potato wedges, with 5 bean chili. I also eat lots of the quorn product too. I also love salt and season everything. Love crisps (chips).
    2 yrs old ~ 4 yrs old ~ TTC Now!

My blog if you fancy a read...

http://honeybumblecustomdyed.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Well, it's been studied and actually found that vegetarians overall do have more daughters BUT there are still plenty of boys born to vegetarians. Some vegetarians have extremely healthful diets with a lot of healthy fats and proteins.

I live nearby a 7th Day Adventist boarding school (so the teachers and their families live at the school along with a lot of their students) and OMG do they have a lot of daughters. Like a crazy amount - 9 out of 10 families were all girls. The only family that didn't have all girls was the pastor's wife and she once told me that her husband was secretly a hunter and they ate meat all the time and no one was supposed to know. Then he lit the house on fire deep frying a corn dog so the secret kinda escaped haha.
    OMG, lol!!!!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post

hilarious!!
    love that story!
    wait are 7th day adventists supposed to be vegetarians?

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    hilarious!!
    love that story!
    wait are 7th day adventists supposed to be vegetarians?
    Yes, they are. They believe animals have souls and go to heaven and it is a sin to eat them (in addition to going to church on Saturday rather than Sunday). In our city, they run a company that sells soy-based meat products and also teach vegetarian cooking classes.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderlime View Post
    Just to chip in. I'm a vegetarian and have two boys. My DP isn't. I'm swaying pink this time so diet is different atm but.

I ate loads of jacket potatoes with baked beans and cheese. Roast vegetable wraps, homemade root vegetble soups, Vegetable curries, Pasta bakes. Home made potato wedges, with 5 bean chili. I also eat lots of the quorn product too. I also love salt and season everything. Love crisps (chips).
    Thanks that is very helpful!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, we made the big switch....the whole family, in fact. We are on day 3 of no meat, although we will likely be lacto-ovo folks. So, I have a question- is soy bad for my DH? Especially with his sperm issue? He is pretty excited about the whole vegetarian thing, and we are really kfx that this helps turn around his sperm problem (which may just fluctuate....we have no idea yet, only had one SA but we've had fertilization twice this year, so....).

Lavendarlime, thank you for posting! My goal right now is to make sure I get enough protein, but I don't want to eat too much soy....any of us.....so really trying to find good protein combos and read through my new books.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to say, we do not experience the post-meal food coma AT ALL anymore! It's amazing! And I haven't gotten my mid-afternoon must lay head on desk feeling either.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    So, we made the big switch....the whole family, in fact. We are on day 3 of no meat, although we will likely be lacto-ovo folks. So, I have a question- is soy bad for my DH? Especially with his sperm issue? He is pretty excited about the whole vegetarian thing, and we are really kfx that this helps turn around his sperm problem (which may just fluctuate....we have no idea yet, only had one SA but we've had fertilization twice this year, so....).

Lavendarlime, thank you for posting! My goal right now is to make sure I get enough protein, but I don't want to eat too much soy....any of us.....so really trying to find good protein combos and read through my new books.
    Yes, it is not so hot for sperm count unfortunately.

Try this as a burger replacement - 1/2 c quick oats, 1 c brown rice, 1 c lentils 2 c water or broth, simmered covered until rice is done adding more water if need be. Then you can fry it in some butter just like hamburger patties and it's really good. Even my husband will eat this and he hates vegetarian food.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast