Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, it is not so hot for sperm count unfortunately.

Try this as a burger replacement - 1/2 c quick oats, 1 c brown rice, 1 c lentils 2 c water or broth, simmered covered until rice is done adding more water if need be. Then you can fry it in some butter just like hamburger patties and it's really good. Even my husband will eat this and he hates vegetarian food.
    That sounds awesome! I will try it tonight, thanks! We are continuing to read and learn about non-soy sources of vegetarian protein. I know soy is not the best for any of us. I am really hoping that the switch to a plant-based diet does something good for him. We all certainly feel better. My kids even told me today that they don't get tired at school anymore.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is really good to know! I wish mine would be willing to give it a try too!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is an interesting thread. I am primarily a vegetarian. When I conceived DD I was on a vegetarian diet but not a healthy one. I had dairy - low/non fat milk, yogurt, cheese, fruit, lots of carbs - pasta, bread, rice, potato, baked goods, few veggies, no nuts or seeds, no supplementary vitamins. Oh and i craved carbs and sweet things.

I changed my diet a year and half ago as I had crazy migraines and read a book which recommended plant based foods as a solution. I started eating a lot of greens - kale, spinach, collards, lettuce - both raw and cooked, lots of fruit, ate carbs but fibrous ones - brown rice, whole grain bread and had beans, lentils, pulses everyday. I also got a handful of nuts in everyday, reduced my sodium intake and dairy (had some yogurt, cheese but no milk). I eat some eggs, fish, chicken occasionally. This was on the weekdays. Weekends we did indulge as usual. What happened was my migraines totally went away, I was eating a lot but I lost about 15 pounds of excess weight which I carrying since I had DD, and I had tons of energy. Woke up easily in the morning (which I have never been able to do), had no post lunch slumps at work and had no gastric/acidity tummy issues at all. I also stopped craving carbs. TMI.. became very regular in the bathroom. Oh and when AF came the cramping and pain was a lot less and AF reduced by about a day/half a day.

I am still following the diet above and hoping that its good for TTC a boy!
    DD 2008 May 2011

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Soni, that's a great boy diet! keep up the great work!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right on, Soni, thanks for sharing! I have admittedly been bad about meat- I've been having a bit in the evening. Even though I am not really swaying much anymore, I have this little nagging part of me that says, hey, really work at becoming a good veggiesaurus AFTER you have a baby. I kinda worried that changing my diet might affect my fertility somehow, but my DH is doing a better job at it than I am. He is a hummus monster now, LOL.

I totally believe it can improve many ailments if you are eating right!!!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Soni, that's a great boy diet! keep up the great work!!
    Thats great to know it a good diet for TTC a boy as I get very little meat
    DD 2008 May 2011

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    Right on, Soni, thanks for sharing! I have admittedly been bad about meat- I've been having a bit in the evening. Even though I am not really swaying much anymore, I have this little nagging part of me that says, hey, really work at becoming a good veggiesaurus AFTER you have a baby. I kinda worried that changing my diet might affect my fertility somehow, but my DH is doing a better job at it than I am. He is a hummus monster now, LOL.

I totally believe it can improve many ailments if you are eating right!!!
    Lola,I believe it too! I dont think eating meat is bad but its great if you can supplement it with a lot of healthy goodness like veggies - esp green leafy ones, fruit, nuts. Oh and I think because it improves a lot of things it may improve fertility too. My dad tried a similar diet and his bad cholesterol went down, the good one went up and the blood pressure came down.

Oh.. I forgot to add...I feel happy, optimistic almost always after changing my diet. I did not realize how much your diet affects you!

Btw.. I am hummus monster too .. love the stuff!
    DD 2008 May 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by soni View Post
    Lola,I believe it too! I dont think eating meat is bad but its great if you can supplement it with a lot of healthy goodness like veggies - esp green leafy ones, fruit, nuts. Oh and I think because it improves a lot of things it may improve fertility too. My dad tried a similar diet and his bad cholesterol went down, the good one went up and the blood pressure came down.

Oh.. I forgot to add...I feel happy, optimistic almost always after changing my diet. I did not realize how much your diet affects you!

Btw.. I am hummus monster too .. love the stuff!
    Well, a previous poster in this thread (can't remember without looking back) recommended this book The China Study, which I read and loved. Basically points out how meat eaters tend to get more disease based on this huge nutrition study done over a long period of time. We tried to go cold turkey lacto-ovo veg (kids too) and they all were fine, but I got SUPER fatigued after a week of it. I read about vegetarians sometimes suffering from a lack of aminos or b vitamins, so I started drinking an EmergenC each day, which cleared that up. But, I think I fear that changing to a strict veg diet may not be best while still ttc, so we just eat a little meat here and there.

Soni, I totally think a healthy diet (not to mention staying hydrated and well-rested) does wonders for the chemicals in our brains and makes mood much, much better.

Our whole family is now addicted to hummus and nuts....we pretty much eat it daily. My girls said they get made fun of for having hummus in their lunchboxes, but they just say, "Yea, I'm probably a lot healthier than you are with all of that junk food in your lunch." LOL

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Soni - your diet is very similar to what I've changed mine to. I am not a vegeterian or a vegan but I changed my diet to be say 6 days out of 7 towards that to help me lose my baby weight. And it helped a lot. But I wasn't a huge meat eater to begin with. Dairy is my weakness. Esp pizza.

What I'm finding with this diet however is that I am eating a lot better than I ever have. Even on the IG boy sway stuff, I would never feel good. I was bloated. Headaches. Lethargic. With this I am getting more nutrients than I ever have with kale and nuts and beans etc and I am very concious of cooking whole good hearty food. Which is why I started the diet b/c if you go quasi vegan, you really have to pay attention and make yourself cook. Now we're not TTC-ing right but unlike last time, I am ensuring that if we ever have an accident, I want to make sure my body and diet is ready "just in case".

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im a vegetarian and have been since I was 9 and I have 4 boys and only 1 girl. I do eat a lot of soy, cereal, whole grain, and beans though.

~Chloe Paige~ 10/29/12 @ 32 weeks

DS 12 ♥ DS 10 ♥ DD 8 ♥ DS 6 ♥ DS 4

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast