Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really do not believe the potassium stuff works. I have a genetic predisposition to have lower than normal potassium and have 4 boys and the biological data in support of the mineral diets is really sketchy. But it's fine if you want to eat a diet with lots of potassium sources and take Vit. D, that will only help your sway.

I really believe based on all available biological information that the mineral diets are barking up the wrong tree. So I try not to work very hard to make all the theories fit into one, because when other sites do that in the past they get too invested in continuing tactics that aren't working.

I understand when you've gotten girls with dairy before, it's hard to move past the idea. (Just as how it was EASY for me to move past the idea since I got boys with dairy!) As long as you're working very hard to eat a balanced diet and be getting a good level of NON-vegetable based fats (such as lard and fatty meats) it's ok to limit dairy. What I don't like to see is when blue swayers drop dairy and then are eating a much higher % of vegetable based fats than they are animal based. Eating too many vegetable fats in proportion to animal fats has been shown in animal studies to sway pink, and the milk replacers are LOADED with vegetable fats.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I really do not believe the potassium stuff works. I have a genetic predisposition to have lower than normal potassium and have 4 boys and the biological data in support of the mineral diets is really sketchy. But it's fine if you want to eat a diet with lots of potassium sources and take Vit. D, that will only help your sway.

I really believe based on all available biological information that the mineral diets are barking up the wrong tree. So I try not to work very hard to make all the theories fit into one, because when other sites do that in the past they get too invested in continuing tactics that aren't working.

I understand when you've gotten girls with dairy before, it's hard to move past the idea. (Just as how it was EASY for me to move past the idea since I got boys with dairy!) As long as you're working very hard to eat a balanced diet and be getting a good level of NON-vegetable based fats (such as lard and fatty meats) it's ok to limit dairy. What I don't like to see is when blue swayers drop dairy and then are eating a much higher % of vegetable based fats than they are animal based. Eating too many vegetable fats in proportion to animal fats has been shown in animal studies to sway pink, and the milk replacers are LOADED with vegetable fats.
    Oh I didn't know about your genetic predisposition ! Anyway I was rambling but I think we both agree about barking up the wrong tree. What I mean is I thought they went about the minerals theories because of 1-Cultural reasons if one can says (favoring minerals in diet over vit so they wouldn't think about looking those up, I mean nothing in the research for FGD ever mentions vitamins, only minerals, even re breakfast cereals and fruits that they encourage to take, it's all minerals minerals) and 2-Because the interaction between vitD and potassium raising each-others' level up would have made them think the higher-level of potassium had something to do with swaying although it may have been the vitD all along. Doesn't help that some of the food with the highest vitD are also the highest with potassium.

Just a thought about why they could have gone into that theory about calcium or potassium but not approving it.

True it's sometimes still a bit hard to believe in the getting boys with dairy since I should have had at least one with all the dairy I was eating But I also aknowledge it was my ONLY source of animal fats and may not have been enough, being vegetarian and all. Let's not even talk about vits, fruits, all the like, I just didn't take any, not even in juice or supps form. And DD2 happened a short time after weaning, my doc did tell me I was low on everything. That and the one attempt thing... So yeah I realize there were multiple factors.

But you're right about vegetable fats, even the FGD threw them out anyway, especially the milk replacers which are a big NO NO.
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's ok it's no big deal, I take medicine now.

Exactly about the FGD, that's my same take on it. They didn't investigate anything else (which is very strange!) they just decided to study minerals and that's that. And different foods have not only different minerals, but also different everything else. I now see what you're saying and that makes some sense that they may have overlooked that!!!

It's the diet as a whole that matters plus other stuff, so dairy's not a magic bullet for blue or pink, unfortunately! As long as you don't load up on almond and rice milk, it's fine to skip the dairy if you prefer. Good luck and blue dust headed your way!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It's ok it's no big deal, I take medicine now.

Exactly about the FGD, that's my same take on it. They didn't investigate anything else (which is very strange!) they just decided to study minerals and that's that. And different foods have not only different minerals, but also different everything else. I now see what you're saying and that makes some sense that they may have overlooked that!!!

It's the diet as a whole that matters plus other stuff, so dairy's not a magic bullet for blue or pink, unfortunately! As long as you don't load up on almond and rice milk, it's fine to skip the dairy if you prefer. Good luck and blue dust headed your way!
    Thank you atomic ! Think I will keep the whole milk for breakfast and the cheese at the very least. Anyway need to update my plan cause I can eat eggs again
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can we take chia seeds for boy sway

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, but I think you guys should keep them to 2-3 servings a week in case they have any negative effects.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But i thought chia seeds super food and high in protein and it's sway boy

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They also have phytoestrogens in them which may lower testosterone and interfere with your body's natural production of estrogen. They also have chemicals in them called phytic acid which blocks the absorption of other nutrients. The type of fat in them called ALA may also not be optimal for swaying blue.

Please keep them to 2-3 times per week.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234