Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I suspect your pH is going to rise between then and Sun/mon anyway!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope this helps someone!

So first of all, after reading atomic's amazing essays I think my personality probably played a big role, on top of everything else. I'm a super protective mama bear type mom. I think frequently about how I'd physically fight to defend my children from harm, or leap to rescue them if they were in danger. I'm also very competitive. I usually spend a lot of time planning projects and goals, and thinking about how to get my business to grow ahead of the competition - how to undermine my competitors and stay on top, so as to gain more financial resources for my family. I am tiny but I think I'm somewhat similar in personality to the character called Red in Orange is the New Black, if anyone's seen that (and of course, she has all boys). She's kind of fierce and really protective and is the leader of a prison gang, and at the same time she's pretty nurturing, too (I'm thinking of swaying pink, so I'm really trying to lean towards the calmer, connected, nurturing side of me these days...) If I was swaying blue, I'd probably spend a lot of time getting into arguments and winning them, thinking about what I'd physically do to someone if they badly hurt my kids, trying to totally control and dominate my surroundings in order to optimize them for me and my family, and just generally throwing my weight around, if that makes sense. Life is an arena, go out and overcome, blue swaying ladies. (OK, now put all that away, Serenity...)

In terms of what I did/ate: I always had the mindset of wanting to get pregnant quickly and to have the healthiest baby possible, so before TTC I always went on a health/fertility craze. I did cardio and weights, and Jillian Michaels yoga meltdown video. I took lots of vitamins (like a prenatal, plus fish oil, plus vitamin C, etc.). I ate lots of beef, turkey, salmon, avocado, whole grains (oatmeal, wheat germ, whole grain pasta), sweet potatoes, greens (kale/broccoli/spinach), carrots, apricots, pineapples, every other kind of fruit and veggie - ate tons but focused on the most nutrient-dense ones. I ate A LOT, like piles of pasta and beef with tomato sauce, and on top of all of this I used to have a bit of a sugar addiction so I was eating like this and then adding Dairy Queen ice cream, dark chocolate, etc. on top. I would also make smoothies and put everything that I read was healthy in them (juices, wheat germ, fruits and veggies, greek yogurt, etc.).

I ate quite frequently: I'm really sensitive to low blood sugar so I normally try to avoid it at all costs. I would always eat first thing in the morning and then again and again before doing anything else at all (going out to the store, going to pick up the kids, going to work, etc). I always kept trail mix (nuts, dried fruits, pumpkin seeds) in my bag and would eat it if I was even the slightest bit hungry, or usually before, so I wouldn't ever have to feel hungry.

I hope this helps someone. It's a wonder that I don't already have a whole army full of boys. Best of luck to all of you.
    Being a mother is the best thing that has ever happened to me. My husband and I have been blessed with two wonderful boys, and as time goes on I'm starting to realize that I may never have a daughter. We're talking about the possibility of trying to have a third child, and if we do, I'll sway for a girl; at the same time, I'm working on trying to let go of the dream I always had to make space for the life that is meant to be mine. My primary goal is peace and serenity, and I wish you the same.

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush, meoab thanked for this post
    Likes familymatters liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 boys & had a really boy friendly lifestyle when I look back knowing what I know now.

1) Was a all day & night snacker
    2) Ate meat everyday - & red meat at least 4 times a week, ate a very nutritious & varied diet full of wholegrains & low GI food. Never drank alcohol or soda. rarely drank coffee or tea. Often drank vitamin fortified hot chocolate (milo).
    3) Ate cereal everyday & sometimes twice a day
    4) Was at my heaviest weight before DS1 (gained weight in the 3 months before) & gained muscle before DS2
    5) Was on prenatal vitamins for 9 months before DS1 & 1 month before DS2 , & hubby was on prenatals for 9months prior to DS1
    6) DS1 was frequent attempts everyday up to & including positive OPK, DS2 was frequent attempts up until 5 days before positive OPK (failed shettles)
    7) I was working in a management position when I fell pregnant with DS1 so very dominant in the workplace, similar working position with DS2
    9) Was still breastfeeding DS1 when fell pregnant with DS2 but this clearly didnt sway pink at all for us last time!
    10) conceived around the time of the full moon
    11) frequent "O" on my own a few times a week, but deliberately didnt "O" at either attempt with DS1 & DS2.
    12) Used to go for a walk a few times a week
    13) Nail biter & total boy mum - like to be in control, big on planning etc

Wishing all your ladies some of my blue dust!
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 boys & had a really boy friendly lifestyle when I look back knowing what I know now.

1) Was a all day & night snacker
    2) Ate meat everyday - & red meat at least 4 times a week, ate a very nutritious & varied diet full of wholegrains & low GI food. Never drank alcohol or soda. rarely drank coffee or tea. Often drank vitamin fortified hot chocolate (milo).
    3) Ate cereal everyday & sometimes twice a day
    4) Was at my heaviest weight before DS1 (gained weight in the 3 months before) & gained muscle before DS2
    5) Was on prenatal vitamins for 9 months before DS1 & 1 month before DS2 , & hubby was on prenatals for 9months prior to DS1
    6) DS1 was frequent attempts everyday up to & including positive OPK, DS2 was frequent attempts up until 5 days before positive OPK (failed shettles)
    7) I was working in a management position when I fell pregnant with DS1 so very dominant in the workplace, similar working position with DS2
    9) Was still breastfeeding DS1 when fell pregnant with DS2 but this clearly didnt sway pink at all for us last time!
    10) conceived around the time of the full moon
    11) frequent "O" on my own a few times a week, but deliberately didnt "O" at either attempt with DS1 & DS2.
    12) Used to go for a walk a few times a week
    13) Nail biter & total boy mum - like to be in control, big on planning etc

Wishing all your ladies some of my blue dust!
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking back at my lifestyle when I got pregnant with my son I can see how I was very strongly swaying blue without trying. I had a recent miscarriage and we were just ready for a baby no matter the gender.

*I was doing some Pilates here and there but pretty much no cardio.
    *I was taking prenatal vitamins, drinking red raspberry leaf tea, green tea, pomegranate juice, and eating Brazil nuts every day.
    *My diet included lots of meat and fatty foods and I ate cereal every morning.
    *I had recently cut way back on my coffee and alcohol consumption
    *I snacked constantly especially on chips and chocolate.
    *We made attempts every day during fertile period using preseed.
    *I wanted a baby very badly so I was stressing out over everything and I got pregnant at the end of January so it was right after the stress of the holidays and I had been eating lots of big nutritious meals.

Before the miscarriage I had been doing a light sway for a girl so I should have known everything I was doing would result in a boy. I'm so happy we have him though! Good luck to everyone!!

9. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes meoab, Lissastick liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have loved reading the how we made our girls thread so thought I would add to this for you lovely ladies ttc boys!

I am a very healthy person in general. Never sick full of energy and always choosing healthy foods. I love eating healthy snack all the time on tomatoes fruit raw veges any health food really and really suffer quickly if I binge on junk food. I have been a healthy bmi for years between 21-23 bmi although as a teenager I had an eating disorder and was severely underweight from 14-20 years of age since then I have been on a health kick!
    With my first son I had recently put on 4-5 kgs and had moved 1500 kms for a work transfer so a bit stressed and forced to be super organised ( more than usual) I am a teacher and have type a personality for sure! Cannot sit still amd like everything to be perfect and everyone to be happy and taken care of.
    We decided to ttc so started planning for most healthy conception and baby ever lol Martha!!! prenatals for both me and hubby one month before- menevit and elevit. Hubby is a big drinker so he cut back a bit to up his health.
    We DTD when I thought I was fertile ( had ewcm) DTD two days in a row and ovulated 1-2 days after. I always had several red wines on the weekend drank two cups of unsweetened tea every morning cereal dark chocolate fruits veges wholegrains meat no soft drinks ever only juice water and tea. Hubby drinks coffee and energy drinks like crazy and always skips breakfast only eats 2 times per day.
    I would have 6+ meals per day but always healthy choices and lots of salad!!! I did yoga twice per week and moderate walking 1-2 times per week.
    I had big o ( always do) was missionary both times but deep iykwim. Lay for 30 minutes after. We always DTD 1-2 times per week and hubby releases on his own sometimes too. I always have a good few days of ewcm and high sex drive.
    Conceived first month.
    Second ds we swayed for 10 months for a girl le diet ( still lots of veges though) no fruit except for berries started eating sweets and carbs to up calories ate only twice per day alcohol every day drank coffee instead of tea stayed under 1500 cals per day breastfeeding ds1 4-6 times per day vegetarian diet coke aspartame took fibre felt really unhealthy lost 10 kgs looked very skinny no muscle mass. Hubby started riding and drinking sugar free drinks frequent release on his own 1-2 times per day then one attempt at pos opk very shallow used aci jel and rephresh jumped and dumped. Still made a boy!
    I think the key factor for us is our personalities. Hubby is 36 but still has high sex drive I think high testosterone and is very masculine ( he's a tradie). We are both passionate people and are quick to defend people and help anyone in need.
    I am mrs organised always thinking and planning and can never just let things happen its exhausting!!! I am not an emotional person I never cry but I am a protector of others I cannot stand injustice of any kind and always fight for the underdog. My husband is the same.

I had a great sway but I think I sabotaged it by my "can do" attitude. I have always worked so hard for everything in my life and have always achieved what I desire if I work hard enough so I thought swaying would be the same. But obviously it doesnt work that way!
    I also think that my years and years of healthy eating could not be undone in just 10 months. I felt awful but I think even though I was still bf I had secret stores of nutrients hidden away lol! Also I didn't do the recommended exercise which I think would have reduced my testosterone and taken my mind if swaying more and therefore reduced my Martha personality!
    I will get a custom plan next time to reduce my need to control and definitrly do the exercise! Also hubby will abstain next time because the fr only upped his testosterone I believe!
    Hope this helps someone x
    Last edited by kittendreams; November 8th, 2016 at 12:33 AM.

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Lissastick liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm new here, but thought I would add my experiences. I'll admit that I'm not completely sold on swaying yet, but I find the ideas very interesting. I have two boys. First boy wasn't planned at all. I was recovering from an eating disorder, and was eating 3000+ calories per day. Lots of meat, potatoes, baked goods, bread, etc. I wasn't taking any supplements. We were having frequent intercourse.

Before our second son was conceived I felt like I was too thin, so I started eating more. We ate a lot of meat, I cooked with heavy cream, ate full fat yogurt and lots of eggs with cheese. I wasn't taking any supplements, but I was taking Zyrtec and Sudafed due to really bad seasonal allergies (I conceived in May). I remember having only a tiny amount of EWCM that month and worrying I wouldn't be able to get pregnant because it was so scant.

Looking at my experiences with having two boys, medication didn't seem to matter. According to some, antihistamines are supposed to sway girl- I was taking a ton of them and had a boy. The one thing that was consistent with both of my boys was how much I was eating- way more than normal. So if there's any truth to this, and you want a boy, I would recommend eating a lot! Sounds way more fun than conceiving a girl hope this helps someone!

13. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Lissastick, Thirdtimelucky01 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ when we tracked antihistamines in our results (we track differently than some other sites and it's better able to single out each individual variable) we found that they did not do anything for swaying. Totally neutral. Same amount of people got girls with and without them and it was identical to overall success rates of the site.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am new...can you tell me what ECWM means? Sorry...
    I am trying to determine if we need pre-seed!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by agmegs02 View Post
    I am new...can you tell me what ECWM means? Sorry...
    I am trying to determine if we need pre-seed!
    EWCM = egg white cervical mucus. This is the slippery stretchy stuff generally thought easiest for sperm to swim through and hence best for ttc.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

17. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast