Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    I have 2 boys and I think I am a typical boy mum diet wise.....

I literally don't stop snacking all day (or didn't!). Forget 3 meals a day, everytime I opened the fridge and cupboard I would have a little bit of something - couple of grapes, spoonful of last nights dinner, couple of chocolate raisins etc etc. Even if my kiddos finished their dinner and left half of it then I pick at it. I have never been big or massively gained weighte just lucky to be able to eat and graze and still maintain a reasonable weight. I have always eaten breakfast without fail not long after getting up.

I also cook red meat and was eating chilli, spagbol, steak etc a lot. I don't add salt to cooking but have always loved bacon and salty sauces and foods. We also were having a pretty regular take away and when I conceived DS1 I had literally eaten so so much food that week. I didn't consume a huge amount of dairy - only milk in tea etc. I'm not sure calcium sways much though. Writing this down has made me realise how much I was eating!!!! And makes sense how I have lost 10lbs very easily just by switching to skipping brekkie and sticking to 2 reasonable sized meals a day!!!

When I was ttc DS 1 we had just got married - I had lost a fair amount of weight in the run up to the wedding but this was still by snacking all day just on smaller amounts! I then massively indulged at the wedding and on our honeymoon and then conceived immediately. For DS 2 I had just had a miscarriage and was definitely not dieting - I was heavier than when we conceived with DS 2 but not by that much. Both times we conceived I had the big 'O' and tons of EWCM. With DS 1 we were DTD 3 times a day (honeymoon) but with DS 2 it was o-1 and o-3.

I am also very competitive by nature (still am and I think it will stop me getting a girl). I have always floated through life and have really really strived to be the best that I can in whatever I have done - it really matters to me. Until now when I feel a bit more meh!

Hope that helps someone x
    As atomic says, it's more than just personality that plays a role. I'm about as archetypal "boy mom" as can be -- when I took the test, even, it said I had a 5% chance of having a girl when I conceived.

Well guess what I'm having! Haha. Definitely diet (and I was also a VERY textbook LE/girl sway diet without realizing it, and I posted it in that thread).

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For everyone eating cereal -- what kind of cereal were you eating?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I liked multigrain Cheerios, any of the Kashi cereals, Life. I also ate oatmeal like it was going out of style !

DS1🏼, DS2, & DS3 completes our family!

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes aussiesmiler, DesiG liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Granola and Wheaties
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks Throwaway_panther, DesiG thanked for this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a mother of two sweet boys, here goes my lifestyle:
    No good sleep (never been a good sleeper in my life), get up with coffee and cookies, early breakfast (cereal) and since I am a physical therapist I have a patient every 30 minutes and there is always a minute for a piece of chocolate, a sweet or sip of coke in between treatments. So snacking all the time.. I eat a lot for regular meals, always but butter, cheese on everything LOVE Olives, Serrano, Feta Cheese, and like another woman said, a spoon here, a cookie there, a grape or a glass of juice..snacking again all the time.
    I don't relax a lot, always on the run
    Dinner is always a warm meal and most evenings we have a desert when the kids are in bed with a glass of wine.
    I go running every now and then, work out every now and then nothing regular.

Yupp, that's about it HUGE chance for me in the last year

I hope I can help :-)

9. Likes DesiG, girlymom liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I might sound crazy but me personal observation:
    My husband does have a sex drive, but he is all good if there is a week or two week break- I think men with more sex drive who need sex really frequently are often girl daddy's!
    Can you confirm?
    You might laugh at me, but I also think men with less bread ( my husband hardly needs to shave) have more boys- I don't know what it could be about but maybe hormones?
    There isn't much we can do about that, just wanted to share

11. Likes maidentomother, Lindzter liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes high testosterone in men definitely does seem to sway pink! Though libido in men isn't really linjed to testosterone, definitely not as much as most people think, it's a mental things not hormonal. Less facial hair can mean less testosterone.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mydaughter View Post
    Oh and I might sound crazy but me personal observation:
    My husband does have a sex drive, but he is all good if there is a week or two week break- I think men with more sex drive who need sex really frequently are often girl daddy's!
    Can you confirm?
    You might laugh at me, but I also think men with less bread ( my husband hardly needs to shave) have more boys- I don't know what it could be about but maybe hormones?
    There isn't much we can do about that, just wanted to share
    I completely disagree with sex drive = girls and have seen a very strong trend the other way. I have people show up to TTC a boy and they haven't had sex in months.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Yes high testosterone in men definitely does seem to sway pink! Though libido in men isn't really linjed to testosterone, definitely not as much as most people think, it's a mental things not hormonal. Less facial hair can mean less testosterone.
    I don't think we know this and thus cannot really say. While I do think men taking artificial testosterone tend to have more girls, it's a whole different scenario with a guy who is just naturally higher in testosterone.

Number one factor for hair growth is genetics so I think a lot of times people mistake genetic differences in hair growth for testosterone.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How we got our boys 2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I completely disagree with sex drive = girls and have seen a very strong trend the other way. I have people show up to TTC a boy and they haven't had sex in months.
    I agree atomic. When dh & I were first together we as I assume most couples do had sex all the time. By the time we were ready to ttc it was 4.5 yrs later, we were busy with our own business & were just starting to expand & put on more employees. Dh was flat out, early starts, late nights so his sex drive had decreased a lot. Neither of us ate breakfast & he survived on one big meal break a day with having soft drink or an icebreak in between. No surprise we had a girl. Each time we have been ttc dh always seems to be so busy & his sex drive has been a lot less than mine. We could bd a couple of times a week or go a week or 2 without. Trying hard this time to keep bding/releasing regularly & to have at least 3 attempts at +opk, along with the other lifestyle changes I have made. Last cycle we bd 5 days straight in my fertile window (each night from 0-3 through to 0+1). It was the most frequent we have bd for many, many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by farmgirl33; February 7th, 2016 at 04:34 AM.
    TTC swaying boy since December 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3d21b5

16. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes more pink liked this post
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast