Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotmama View Post
    I have two boys. Both times we were doing the SMEP, every other day from CD8, then three days in a row after getting a + OPK. Both times we used preseed from CD12 onwards.

When DS1 was conceived, I was doing a slow version of C25K (couch to 5k running plan, 3 days a week with incremental increases), repeating every week. I was working quite a high stress, win-or-lose kind of job. I snacked all day, mostly carbs, lived on coffee and green tea, and did my best to cook a healthy balanced meal at night.

When DS2 was conceived, we were a one car family and I spent a lot of time walking around town, but never intentionally exercised. I was breastfeeding, and snacked at every feed because I got hungry at let down.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what does SMEP mean?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ds1-sex 2-3 times a day----ds2 sex once day-----DS's 3-6 sex every 2-3 days----DS7 Sex once in 5 weeks lol
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

3. Likes atomic sagebrush, amelia10 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    SMEP = sperm meets egg plan Sperm Meets Egg Plan
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    Mom to two gorgeous boys over here. My diet was quite different between the two, the only commonalities were that I have always been a big grazer, mainly with healthy snacks like nuts, my weight remained consistent, and I exercised with light to moderate cardio and weight training 3-4 times a week. Other than that the circumstances of the two pregnancies were night and day.

DS1 was accidentally conceived on CD2 of a 28-day cycle (don't ask me how this is even possible, but that was the only day we BD without a condom, thinking we were safe. So much for Shettles!) I was only eating meat about 1-2x per week. My diet was fairly healthy with a lot of whole foods. I didn't drink milk but I would have yogurt with my breakfast. I had coffee once a day.

DS2 was planned and I was trying to sway pink with the FGD. We DTD every 2 days the cycle he was conceived. I took calcium & magnesium supplements, drank about 3 c of milk and 2-3 bowls of yogurt per day, and I loaded up on beans and nuts while reducing meat, potassium and sodium. I was still nursing DS1 maybe 4-5 times at night and early morning, but I worked full time and had stopped pumping during the day by then. I didn't drink coffee because I was breastfeeding. After reading a lot of Atomic's posts here I wonder if the reason my sway failed was because my diet was too nutrient dense. We tried to prepare really dense, rich super-foods for our toddler so lots of avocado, kale, homemade veggie juices, and not much in the way of simple carbs. And of course all my calcium-laden foods for the FGD were full-fat.
    Last edited by Erin514; March 1st, 2016 at 09:33 PM.

7. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nutrient rich diet, Erin!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin514 View Post
    Hi,
    Mom to two gorgeous boys over here. My diet was quite different between the two, the only commonalities were that I have always been a big grazer, mainly with healthy snacks like nuts, my weight remained consistent, and I exercised with light to moderate cardio and weight training 3-4 times a week. Other than that the circumstances of the two pregnancies were night and day.

DS1 was accidentally conceived on CD2 of a 28-day cycle (don't ask me how this is even possible, but that was the only day we BD without a condom, thinking we were safe. So much for Shettles!) I was only eating meat about 1-2x per week. My diet was fairly healthy with a lot of whole foods. I didn't drink milk but I would have yogurt with my breakfast. I had coffee once a day.

DS2 was planned and I was trying to sway pink with the FGD. We DTD every 2 days the cycle he was conceived. I took calcium & magnesium supplements, drank about 3 c of milk and 2-3 bowls of yogurt per day, and I loaded up on beans and nuts while reducing meat, potassium and sodium. I was still nursing DS1 maybe 4-5 times at night and early morning, but I worked full time and had stopped pumping during the day by then. I didn't drink coffee because I was breastfeeding. After reading a lot of Atomic's posts here I wonder if the reason my sway failed was because my diet was too nutrient dense. We tried to prepare really dense, rich super-foods for our toddler so lots of avocado, kale, homemade veggie juices, and not much in the way of simple carbs. And of course all my calcium-laden foods for the FGD were full-fat.
    I know timing generally doesn't make a difference, but I wonder if the repeated release from DTD every 2 days contributed to DS2, as well? I know atomic recommends every 2-4 days for blue swayers.

Otherwise, definitely seems like a very nutrient rich diet -- all the dairy seems to go blue OR pink, really! Sounds like your kids get great food at home!

10. Dislikes Gelia disliked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That isn't timing Erin, that's frequency and number of releases and yes, DTD every 2 days would sway blue.

There are three different elements: Timing (that's just the day of the cycle you BD on), Frequency (that's the pattern DH "cleans his pipes") and then number of attempts (one, two, three, etc). Timing has been debunked, frequency may sway a little but not terribly reliable, and sticking with one attempt has been very good results for us.

12. Likes jdd1017 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're replying to Throwaway Panther, not me. ;-)

Yeah, I knew DTD every two days was not a great part of a pink sway, but we'd tried a single attempt with a 3-day cutoff (back when I still thought timing might sway) for two cycles without a BFP and I got impatient! When we TTC again maybe I'll try single attempt closer to O to improve my odds. I think the nutrient-dense diet is what hurt me most though. :-P

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am currently pregnant after a successful girl sway 😍 and so now that I'm a full believer I thought I'd come update here.
    For my first two boys....I drank a matcha green tea latte (usually with whole milk) every day, took a prenatal with DHA, ate very high protein and fairly high fat. Snacked all day long, dessert after every mean, so much chocolate, dairy, red meat...thankful for my metabolism I was never overweight- but certainly not stick thin. Limited exercise (almost zero official exercise) but very active lifestyle, walking, hiking, etc. For timing we started a few days before positive OPK and DTD every day through ovulation, twice on O day. I always had a ton of CM, not sure specifically EWCM or not, but it was crazy how it all went away with the LE diet (and returned to normal after resuming my normal boy-friendly diet). We drank only occasionally- beer or wine a night or two a week.

& due 2016!

16. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush, Lindzter liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin514 View Post
    You're replying to Throwaway Panther, not me. ;-)

Yeah, I knew DTD every two days was not a great part of a pink sway, but we'd tried a single attempt with a 3-day cutoff (back when I still thought timing might sway) for two cycles without a BFP and I got impatient! When we TTC again maybe I'll try single attempt closer to O to improve my odds. I think the nutrient-dense diet is what hurt me most though. :-P
    Sorry I fly through these posts sometimes and do get confused on who said what when where and why.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast