Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had 2 pregnancies from the same person (my ex) - DS1 I conceived in 2005 at 16 - gave birth to him the month after I turned 17 and the next pregnancy was in Jan 2013, but only made it to 9w1d..though, I have a strong feeling it would have also been a boy as there were a lot of common themes.

Before conceiving DS, I was pretty much just beginning to recover from an eating disorder (anorexia/bulimia - which was from 13 off/on up into early 20s) and transferring over to being vegetarian and definitely higher calories (was starting to gain weight back). But, I very rarely ate fruits and vegetables...not even growing up, really. My normal diet usually consisted more of eggs, mayo, tuna fish, dairy (cheese, FF-2% Milk), sugar, and cereals/carbs. Definitely with an emphasis on the dairy! Many cheese quesadillas, fried cheese, american cheese, breads, tuna fish sandwiches with chips (only liked them on sandwiches), chocolate, and cakes/cookies. I had known my ex for 2 years at the point of conceiving. I was taking antibiotics at the time for a cold and probably not being the best with taking my birth control pills, as we weren't the best relationship-wise at that point either. We did it one time without him pulling out during the time that I got pregnant, and I was on top.

The second pregnancy in 2013, was similar in that I was starting to gain some weight after a period of minimal calories. We had been starting to talk about conceiving another (was hoping girl, but didn't know much about swaying). At this point, I was back to eating a lot of dairy (cheese, FF milk, ice cream), high protein with chicken, fish, cereals, cereal bars, etc...with a little bit of beef. Except, we were still using the pull-out method (no BC) for years up until the point of conception. I was tracking my cycles for about a year before it happened, and started tracking CM about a few months around the time we began talking about conceiving. Again, there was only one time at Christmas (we were drinking) I was on top - had a lot of CM and definitely felt ovulation pain from my right side during BDing. I had to have had quite an early O too, as otherwise, my luteal phase would have been much longer than was probable! Also, chinese calendar, moons signs, and mostly everything, said boy on this one. I've tried to do the math on my son's calendar timing, though it's hard since it only calculates using the computer to 18 years of age. But, what I came up with when trying to do the numbers, was boy. Just can't say 100%.

So, in my conclusion...I had the perfect boy sways without knowing! The only "girl" thing I was doing was the dairy and using a lot of aspartame in coffee, tea, and diet sodas around those times. But, I think the high protein and fat, plus weight gain, canceled that out. Also, before conception on both, I had quite a many large (very full of sugar & dairy) frappuccino's!

I've currently been with DH for 2 years and we both are wanting a girl/plan to sway. I've been mostly Vegan (with way more veggies & fruit than I've eaten for most of my life) since last summer and have been off of artificial sweetners for a few years now. So I've been having a little trouble trying to work out diet change. I have noticed in this Vegan journey, that the months that I've slipped and ate cheese (usually pretty high amounts in the month) and a lot of soy products together (not sure if it's one or both together), my cycles and hormones go wonky! My cycles have ranged everywhere from 27-34 days through about the 40 cycles I've tracked...but the overall average of nearly 3 years of tracking, end up being closer to 29-31 days long. Except, when I ate a lot of dairy & soy this past December it ended up at the rare number for me of 34 days, no dairy in Jan equaled a very short cycle for me of 27 days, and then dairy & lot of soy again this past cycled ended me up with another 34 days. Plus, my face has broken out badly during AF and my cystic bb's have also flared up in dairy cycles. The cystic bb's started years ago, lasted badly for a few years, then became rare the past year and a half. Notably, rare when sticking to vegan and limiting caffeine!

I guess that my pink sway will work if I basically do all of the opposites? heh I plan to conceive while still in the midst of dieting/sticking to a vegan diet (plan to do strict for 2-3 months before TTC) and lowering my protein, fat, and calories.

I was never into salt or salty foods, other than high sodium from high saturated fat (mostly dairy & chicken sandwiches/fast food). Nor did I ever really eat much potassium. I'm definitely going to continue to avoid dairy and continue getting my calcium from the nut milks and some veggies. Also making sure to up my maganese & magnesium, as before my M/C, I was told that I had pretty alarmingly low levels. I know the lack of maganese can cause M/C. Other than that, probably avoiding being on top and BDing on O day! ...I will say, DH has a lot less higher of a sex drive and aggression than my ex. And, I hope he never reads this (!!!) but, also is a little bit smaller in equipment - so, hoping missionary and maybe antihistamines will also help me sway pink this time!

Good luck to all of those swaying blue! Hope this was of some help! I'm sorry this was so long, been researching a ton and thinking a lot about the differences!
    Last edited by LilyBump; March 15th, 2016 at 09:20 PM.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two boys. Eldest is 6.
    My diet was something like this...
    I did drink alcohol then and still do. Usually wine,in the week and even more on weekends. My DH also drank wine and beer. We would usually have a bottle a night between us.
    I used to drink tea and coffee/cappuccino/late's with sugar and milk during the day, diet coke and not much water.
    i was not exercising.
    My breakfast was toast and tea/coffee or oats with honey or muesli and yoghurt - weekends we would go out for breakfast or hubby used to do us a fry-up.
    I sometimes had all bran flakes
    i always had skimmed milk and still do

My lunch would have been a sandwich/roll with cheese and tomatoe/onion/lettuce
    OR a melted cheese snackwich. Eggs on toast, scrambled or fried with avo slices. Or a potatoe/sweet potatoe with a filling of tuna and mayo or a cheese toastie or a tuna and corn salad

Snacking:
    tomatoes and feta with salt and pepper.
    huge chunk of cheese and tea.
    piece of toast with peanut butter if i was hungry - even just before dinner.
    I would also snack on cheese and crackers, olives, gherkins, baby tomatoes.
    I love chocolate and would eat it whenever i felt like it
    chips - cheese doritos
    ive always loved veggies but as for fruit i would probably have a banana, apple or green grapes

Dinner would be a fairly big portion.
    I was eating meat at the time so we would have chicken and veg / salad. Steak and chips with mushroom sauce.We would do beef burgers and chips. Take away meals usually on a Saturday, which were mainly spinach and ricotta cannelloni or pizza. Or i would get tai food. Never eaten McDonalds or any of those types of meals. Other foods we would eat were fish and garlic potatoes. We had a lot of bbq's living in a sunny country at the time - so meat and salad. We had corn on the cob. We had garlic Kiev's with mixed veg and cheese sauce. Spaghetti bolognaise. Parmesan crumbed chicken. Shepperds pie. Tuna/chicken wraps.

Looking at my diary of when we were ttc for my first, i recorded the following:
    We BD on CD10, CD 12, CD16, CD25
    My previous cycle was 29 days long. Cycle before that was 33 days long.
    We DTD dogie style, always deep penetration and always the Big O for me. And i lay with legs in air for for some reason

Additional info:
    My DH took Zinc tablets
    I was taking folic acid
    i would put salt and pepper on all my food
    balsamic vinegar on my salad
    I could literally live on cheddar cheese.
    I honestly used to eat when and how i want. And that means that if i felt like chocolate for breakfast id go ahead and have it.

For my second son, food was bacon carbanara, garlic bread, pasta, soup and french loaves, lamb chops and salad, porkies and mash - very high protein., beef burgers, shepherds pie. Tuna wraps. Drank coke zero, orange juice and guava juice. Flavoured water - strawberry.
    I dont have specific calender dates but we DTD every other day in first cycle and fell pregnant first cycle. I did not Jump and dump and it would have been deep penetration as usual, either missionary or doggie style and me the Big O.

We are both vegetarian now and haven't eaten like that in over a year, we eat far healthier with no take away meals. I stopped eating as much bread and i have a smoothie for breakfast and a salad/wrap for lunch (im on LE now though so no breakfast or snacks for me)

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi and welcome Lily.

We have not found the mineral diets to be effective and MANY of us (myself included) got gobs of boys on high dairy intake. Going vegan is one of the most effective of pink sway tactics and I think you're on the right track.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived my boys six years apart. DS1 was three months into marriage, fairly regular BDing and conceived on O day, first try. (Missionary, hips propped for a while afterward, yes Big O.) I was 21, active and healthy with a great metabolism so I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I wasn't a big breakfast eater but a big-time grazer, constantly snacking. I loved comfort food, tons of fruit and veggies, salty stuff, chocolate and fast food. At home I ate pretty healthfully as DH is vegan, but we both ate huge portions and usually had seconds. I would cook tons of veggies, pasta, veggie proteins, potatoes, rice and desserts. We ordered and made a LOT of pizza. (I ate mine with cheese, he didn't.) I am terrible at drinking enough water and I drank lots and lots of juice, especially 100% cranberry and orange juice. I hated diet drinks and drank full sugar sodas regularly. DH was a student at the time and our schedule was very irregular, lots of late nights but also lots of sleeping in. My primary exercise was walking ALL over town since we lived in a very cute, walkable city at the time. I was in-between jobs and attending school on a very part-time basis. (Life of Riley, really!)

With DS2, I was 27 and a homemaker. My oldest was calm, well-behaved, and in school three days a week so I had lots of time to rest and not a lot of stress. Walking was my only exercise but I weighed the same or less than I did with DS1. Marriage was a bit rocky at the time (we had just moved states for DH's work) but doing ok with weekly BD'ing. We planned and tried for two months before conceiving, once again, on O day! (Missionary, hips propped afterward, yes Big O.) I was taking prenatal vitamins and eating a well-rounded, high-calorie, high-fat, high-nutrient diet. Constant snacker! I drank very rarely (socially) with both boys. I could have sworn DS2 was a girl because the pregnancies were so different- almost no symptoms with DS1 and EVERY symptom with DS2.
    TTC #3

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I typically eat like a man :-) I prefer to eat things like cheese on toast, chips (fries) with melted cheese, burgers, sausages, chocolate and biscuits. Dinners with red meat, veg and carbs. I did try and eat healthier around ttc so had less and more veg and fruit and white meat, exercised but included weights, but think boy mum stayed with me. I'm not one for eating toast/bagels/crackers/pasta unless it's with bolognaise and cheese and garlic bread!
    I have Pcos and do tend to feel quite erratic in moods, high energy. I'm slim but if I gain weight it's only around the middle from eating sugary food, junk.

Hope that helps :-)

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkflamingo View Post
    I conceived my boys six years apart. DS1 was three months into marriage, fairly regular BDing and conceived on O day, first try. (Missionary, hips propped for a while afterward, yes Big O.) I was 21, active and healthy with a great metabolism so I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I wasn't a big breakfast eater but a big-time grazer, constantly snacking. I loved comfort food, tons of fruit and veggies, salty stuff, chocolate and fast food. At home I ate pretty healthfully as DH is vegan, but we both ate huge portions and usually had seconds. I would cook tons of veggies, pasta, veggie proteins, potatoes, rice and desserts. We ordered and made a LOT of pizza. (I ate mine with cheese, he didn't.) I am terrible at drinking enough water and I drank lots and lots of juice, especially 100% cranberry and orange juice. I hated diet drinks and drank full sugar sodas regularly. DH was a student at the time and our schedule was very irregular, lots of late nights but also lots of sleeping in. My primary exercise was walking ALL over town since we lived in a very cute, walkable city at the time. I was in-between jobs and attending school on a very part-time basis. (Life of Riley, really!)

With DS2, I was 27 and a homemaker. My oldest was calm, well-behaved, and in school three days a week so I had lots of time to rest and not a lot of stress. Walking was my only exercise but I weighed the same or less than I did with DS1. Marriage was a bit rocky at the time (we had just moved states for DH's work) but doing ok with weekly BD'ing. We planned and tried for two months before conceiving, once again, on O day! (Missionary, hips propped afterward, yes Big O.) I was taking prenatal vitamins and eating a well-rounded, high-calorie, high-fat, high-nutrient diet. Constant snacker! I drank very rarely (socially) with both boys. I could have sworn DS2 was a girl because the pregnancies were so different- almost no symptoms with DS1 and EVERY symptom with DS2.
    Not to be too invasive, but can you elaborate on weekly BD-ing? Were you doing it once a week, or throughout the week, etc.?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would anyone know if conceive plus is known to sway?

12. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is much more blue friendly than standard lube but if you don't have any or much fertile CM then it you may need it to conceive at all in which case it may be more gender neutral. If you are using it on top of copious EWCM that would sway more blue....but not nearly as much as things like diet, exercise, number of attempts.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies, A month prior conceiving my DS, I was recovering from an eating disorder. Didn't exercise at all
    Plenty of sleep.
    Couch potato.
    I always ate breakfast, always eggs and banana.
    Lunch would usually be chicken and a potato
    And dinner would be hamburger helper or chicken nuggets with a side dish or both,lol.

Every 4 days would be free days. Meaning, I would eat all day long. I would usually start off with typical breakfast. And then i'd eat peanut butter, lots of sweets in general, pizza, Mexican food, lots of dairy.

I usually just stuck to drinking water and didn't take any vitamins.
    So within that month leading up to conception I gained about 5-7lbs.
    My husband exercises 5 days a week due to his job. He wasn't too big on sweets. But thin/athletic body type. And he is also a meat eater. Especially red meat.
    We were staying with my parents for the time being until we got housing,so we weren't dtd very often. Maybe a few times in that month we were staying with them. We conceived in October
    Last edited by smllibra; May 6th, 2016 at 03:11 PM.

15. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasúrbeag View Post
    Would anyone know if conceive plus is known to sway?
    Sways blue!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast