Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello ladies, I have two boys and didn't know about swaying until after my second son.

DS1 wasn't planned as such, but at the time I was going out a lot, so drinking (red wine), and eating out. I've always loved snacking, so lots of crisps, love salt. never skipped breakfast, I think I was eating porridge at that time. Didn't take any vits and wasn't exercising at that time other than walking. I am vegetarian so no meat but lots of protein through, Quorn, eggs, nuts. we DTD once and it must have been round O.

DS2 ttc for 7 months, was getting stressed and down that it wasn't happening, stopped exercising, took folic acid, and in the end followed the sperm meets egg plan that got us pregnant straight away. I think my life style was similar to DS1

DH didn't take any supplements, cycled to work, non smoker, drank more for DS1 as we were going out. mainly veggie diet, didn't skip meals. obsessed with salt, same as me!

Hope this helps someone, I'll send you blue dust if you send me pink

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Blue2 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just reading this back it sounds like an awful diet, it really wasn't, we ate vegetarian meals in the house, loads of vegetables, carbs, dairy & protein. Drank lots of water. We would go out 2-3 times a week and would eat out then, When I say I drank more then it was only 1-2 glasses of wine each time we went out. I didn't drink at home. We walked to work and back and would often go walking/hiking the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnygirl View Post
    Hello ladies, I have two boys and didn't know about swaying until after my second son.

DS1 wasn't planned as such, but at the time I was going out a lot, so drinking (red wine), and eating out. I've always loved snacking, so lots of crisps, love salt. never skipped breakfast, I think I was eating porridge at that time. Didn't take any vits and wasn't exercising at that time other than walking. I am vegetarian so no meat but lots of protein through, Quorn, eggs, nuts. we DTD once and it must have been round O.

DS2 ttc for 7 months, was getting stressed and down that it wasn't happening, stopped exercising, took folic acid, and in the end followed the sperm meets egg plan that got us pregnant straight away. I think my life style was similar to DS1

DH didn't take any supplements, cycled to work, non smoker, drank more for DS1 as we were going out. mainly veggie diet, didn't skip meals. obsessed with salt, same as me!

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Blue2 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope I haven't added to this topic yet but if I have, just ignore this info
    I have one boy, conceived on a very boy-friendly life style. If I should single out the most important aspects, I'd say it was the constant snacking on sugary treats, the high fat contents and full fat dairy with every meal.
    I got a boy despite eating a low protein diet (I was practically vegetarian), one attempt, and lots of coffee. I truly believe it's high fat and high sugar that sways blue, not protein or meat.
    If you want tried and true advice, it's this: Eat a large bowl of cereal with whole fat milk for breakfast. I know at least 3 vegetarian (!) ladies who did this and they all have boys. And the two magic words: TRAIL MIX. Eat a good amount of nuts and dried fruits every day and you'll be gaining weight effortlessly due to the healthy fats and sugar and you'll have more boys than you ever dreamed of in no time at all. Blue dust to you all!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thought I would add to this thread because although I wasn’t swaying with DS1, now that I have learned about it, I think I did a pretty classic boy sway! At the time, we were just trying to conceive.
    Diet - Breakfast first thing in the morning, usually whole wheat toast with two eggs, tomato and sometimes cheese. Snacking throughout the day - all day. Protein bars, nuts and seeds, big lunch and dinner always with protein, some sort or whole grain and veggies. Yogurt and cottage with fruit. Two coffees a day with whole milk and sugar. Sometimes black or matcha tea. I weigh about 116-120 and never fluctuate over or under that and I eat a lot. Oh and I have a sweet tooth (usually for chocolate).
    I was taking a prenatal, fish oil, CoQ10 and sometimes probiotics. Also vitex and inositol.
    I never worked out that regularly but when I did, I would focus on weights and muscle toning. I’m a fairly anxious person and had a very stressful job at the time as well.
    DH is very fit, major carnivor with a healthy clean diet of animal protein, fruits, veggies and carbs. Always working out and very clean eater. Lots of coffee.
    During my fertile window, I would take cough syrup and we would BD at least 3-5 times using preseed lube, with O and elevating hips after for at least 10-30 mins. Took us 3-4 months to conceive.
    It’s so funny as I read this back because I desperately wanted a girl so it’s ironic how boy-friendly my lifestyle was.
    I’m now almost 6 months pregnant with #2 and on team green, so I hope I made enough changes to have a little punk bundle waiting for me in the spring!
    Blue dust to you ladies hoping for a boy!

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyflower View Post
    Thought I would add to this thread because although I wasn’t swaying with DS1, now that I have learned about it, I think I did a pretty classic boy sway! At the time, we were just trying to conceive.
    Diet - Breakfast first thing in the morning, usually whole wheat toast with two eggs, tomato and sometimes cheese. Snacking throughout the day - all day. Protein bars, nuts and seeds, big lunch and dinner always with protein, some sort or whole grain and veggies. Yogurt and cottage with fruit. Two coffees a day with whole milk and sugar. Sometimes black or matcha tea. I weigh about 116-120 and never fluctuate over or under that and I eat a lot. Oh and I have a sweet tooth (usually for chocolate).
    I was taking a prenatal, fish oil, CoQ10 and sometimes probiotics. Also vitex and inositol.
    I never worked out that regularly but when I did, I would focus on weights and muscle toning. I’m a fairly anxious person and had a very stressful job at the time as well.
    DH is very fit, major carnivor with a healthy clean diet of animal protein, fruits, veggies and carbs. Always working out and very clean eater. Lots of coffee.
    During my fertile window, I would take cough syrup and we would BD at least 3-5 times using preseed lube, with O and elevating hips after for at least 10-30 mins. Took us 3-4 months to conceive.
    It’s so funny as I read this back because I desperately wanted a girl so it’s ironic how boy-friendly my lifestyle was.
    I’m now almost 6 months pregnant with #2 and on team green, so I hope I made enough changes to have a little punk bundle waiting for me in the spring!
    Blue dust to you ladies hoping for a boy!
    i can really relate to this! i desperately wanted a girl every single time, but i didnt know anything about swaying and ended up with 4 boys and finally 1 living girl before i finally discovered this site (our 2nd child was a girl but we lost her mid pregnancy so technically we conceived 4 boys and 2 girls without swaying) but we were an all boy house to 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 boys before our DD2 came along!! and knowing what i now know its no surprise we got boy after boy after boy all while hoping for girls, i just wish i had known about all this before we ttc our first because i would have swayed every single time for sure!!

everything crossed for a pink surprise for you on the day Lily i love team green
    now 6blue5pink

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    i can really relate to this! i desperately wanted a girl every single time, but i didnt know anything about swaying and ended up with 4 boys and finally 1 living girl before i finally discovered this site (our 2nd child was a girl but we lost her mid pregnancy so technically we conceived 4 boys and 2 girls without swaying) but we were an all boy house to 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 boys before our DD2 came along!! and knowing what i now know its no surprise we got boy after boy after boy all while hoping for girls, i just wish i had known about all this before we ttc our first because i would have swayed every single time for sure!!

everything crossed for a pink surprise for you on the day Lily i love team green
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I smiled reading your message

I’m so glad you were able to sway pink and I also wish I’d found this site much sooner so I could have had at least one more try at it! This baby will be our last and I have a strong feeling it’s a boy so I can’t help but think that maybe we didn’t quite get far enough away from our boy-friendly environment but you never know!!

For now, I’m definitely loving the mystery of being team green and I love hearing stories like yours where “boy mamas” end up with girls too!

Xo

11. Thanks 4blue2pink thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyflower View Post
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I smiled reading your message

I’m so glad you were able to sway pink and I also wish I’d found this site much sooner so I could have had at least one more try at it! This baby will be our last and I have a strong feeling it’s a boy so I can’t help but think that maybe we didn’t quite get far enough away from our boy-friendly environment but you never know!!

For now, I’m definitely loving the mystery of being team green and I love hearing stories like yours where “boy mamas” end up with girls too!

Xo
    i have everything crossed for you yes even boy mums can get girls!!
    funnily enough a perfect example of this (i think) has just happened to someone i know!! she is having her 1st baby and i honestly thought she would have a boy based off her lifestyle, she is in her 20's, very healthy, weight-lifts regularly (and has for years) shes a healthy weight and very toned, eats a very healthy but high protein diet (has never been veggie or vegan) and never restricts her food or "diets", she has never smoked, does not drink any alcohol and has never been on any type of hormonal contraception.. baby is a girl!! even with mum having what many would consider a "boy-friendly" lifestyle there is always a chance!!
    now 6blue5pink

13. Thanks Lilyflower thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnygirl View Post

This gives me a little hope since DH is now essentially vegan and has been jogging/biking... sigh.

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For my first boy, I didn’t sway but.
    I never skipped breakfast. Was eating salt and ramen noodles, lots of butter. Drank tea, never any coffee. Was gaining a couple pounds. Very infrequent bd. Laid in bed after. Had a normal vaginal ph.

17. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I TTC my dear little love (DS) I wasn't swaying, but was CONSTANTLY eating, snacking all the time, I never really ate meals I would just constantly snack. I never ate processed food apart from ham, basically ZERO carbs (no rice, bread, pasta), no dairy, I was pretty much living the caveman diet, fresh fruit and vegetables, meat (lots of ham and canned tuna, capsicum, crackers with hummus and tomato) - very high nutrient everything. Wasn't really exercising much that I can remember. Would eat as soon as I woke up, even if it was a little snack there was something in my mouth right away upon rising. I'd probably gained 2kg over the past 6 months as it took us 6 months to conceive after our wedding, but I was still low on the BMI (always have been). I had a desk job so I snacked all day to keep myself awake, lol!

We BD for 13 days straight, right through O. It was my first month on metformin and letrozole and worked first try for us.

19. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast