Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies, I’d love to add to this!

I have four strong and beautiful boys, just like their daddy. Daddy is a foot taller than me and lean and strong. He works on trucks and his passion is automobiles so he is always getting fired up about his work/fun projects.

About 6 months before I got pregnant with DS1, I switched to an all organic diet. We made (make) all of our food. We mainly had chicken for our meat and always had a pretty well rounded meal for dinner (grains and veggies). I didn’t really eat during the day but if I did, it was fruit or low fat/sugar. I did (and do) eat a decent amount of chocolate with PB at night, though.

I never regularly smoked or drank alcohol or coffee when I was conceiving/pregnant/nursing. If I had caffeine, it was in chocolate or (rarely) tea. I LOVE tea (herbal, green and white).

I was always taking pre/postnatal vitamins, except before DS1.

After DS2, I went vegetarian.

I was pretty strict with my diet and by DS3 had pretty much cut out refined sugar (still usually had chocolate at night but never really cookies/ice cream and certainly not during the day). Whenever I could, used maple syrup instead of sugar. I would literally look for foods with diverse nutrients or “nutrient dense” food.

I am not a huge snacker but when breastfeeding, I will keep myself full with nuts/veggies/fruits. I was nursing when I conceived all but my first son.

Fruit smoothies always for “breakfast”, usually not before noon. And my smoothies are ALL fruit- berries, bananas, oj or fruit juice, mango if possible.

I am also a pretty athletic and confident woman. I love to dance, do yoga and bike ride, sometime pulling my littles in a trailer. I can definitely wrangle my boys and be a source of power to the family. My hubby loves my fire and likes competing with me, especially basketball and other games.

After a lot reading, it sure seems like I swayed blue! I never really ate a LOT of food but what I did eat was “efficient”, nutritious food.

I hope this helps someone, good luck!
    Last edited by chelsearogene; March 5th, 2019 at 08:50 AM.

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes prity, Lilmb2019 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chelsearogene- This sounds just like my friend! She switched her diet to no sugar-all veggies,low carb, lots of smoothies and greens and super organic and health conscious about six months before she conceived her son!
    Last edited by Disneylover; March 5th, 2019 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Add who I’m replying to.

4. Thanks chelsearogene thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha that’s funny! I just love my healthy food, my hubby would even think I was being a bit ridiculous but it just makes my body feel good! Now that I know it sways more blue, I have stopped being so strict.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think diet plays a big role because I have a friend, who is a tough cookie herself, but she had a really unhealthy diet (junk food, candy, coffee, alcohol, cigs, energy drinks) and she ended up with four GIRLS.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! I have 2 beautiful healthy boys and I want to share something about my diet.
    With DS1 it was Christmas time, I gained a couple of kilos from eating high kal meals and sweet snacks. Meat regualrly, good breakfast with coffe milk and biscuits/brioches/cereals.
    Lots of salty things, as every good Italian I love aperitive time and so had a lots of salty chips and peanuts and bread with sauces on top.
    I used to have some alcohol also of course.
    With DS2 I was on the same diet I followed to loose the baby weigh from Ds1. It was a 1400 cal diet that I reduced to 1200 or 1300 but used to eat mainly proteins (meat egg cheese...). Lots of milk and dairies because I read it favoured girls and I was on cal/mag too because I was trying to conceive a girl. Had breakfast regularly and ate 5 times per day.
    I didn't know what sway was, I was just following a bunch of advises I found on the internet which provided me with DS2! Lol
    Both of the times I Bded close to O. First time very frequent BDs. Second time I got frustrated from the cut off (7 months trying) and BD day before O, with my husband releasing a tiny bit and me J&D soon after! Still a boy
    I wasn't exercising alot, just doing some walks sometimes!
    Hope this can help someone and all my blue dust!!
    Last edited by ForeverRestless; March 12th, 2019 at 02:42 PM.

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Lilmb2019 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a gorgeous, ten month old boy, and how we conceived him is still fresh in my brain--so I figured I'd share for those who are swaying blue.

We weren't swaying either way (I'd just had a miscarriage, and we really just wanted a healthy baby), but looking back on it, my diet is classically boy and a lot of my lifestyle factors at that time happened to line up perfectly for a boy. I'm naturally thin (5'3" and 105 lbs), but because of my recent miscarriage, I was still carrying an extra 8 lbs from that pregnancy--the heaviest I've ever been. I also had recently stopped being vegetarian after over a decade of avoiding meat. We eat a very healthy diet of whole grains (quinoa, brown rice, whole grain pasta and bread), full fat dairy--and lots of cheese, protein in the forms of venison, fish and legumes, dark leafy greens and a whole variety of colorful veggies. Snacks in our house are usually bananas, oranges or nuts. We also were eating a lot of Mexican and spicy food at the time, because we'd just discovered this awesome little shop in the downtown of our town with amazing tacos. I don't usually eat breakfast, but at that period I was really focusing on my health after the miscarriage, and so I was eating a lot of fruit, nuts, and high-fat dairy for breakfast each morning. I can't clearly remember, but we might have even gotten a box of Cinnamon Life cereal (my fav) for breakfast around then. I'd also been taking prenatal vitamins for the prior year.

Exercise-wise, I had backed off a lot from my usual regimen. I was trail-running lightly, probably 20 minutes, three times a week, and my husband and I were getting into acro-yoga. I also had had a D&C two weeks before we conceived because of my prior miscarriage being incomplete--which I might have thought would've made me less fertile (getting my uterus suctioned out...) but I since have read from a few different sources that you're actually MORE fertile directly after a miscarriage or D&C. It kind of wipes the slate blank. The nurse had warned us that it may take us a few months to get pregnant, but exactly one month after the procedure I took a positive pregnancy test.

As for our attempt--I had to wait two weeks after the procedure before we could fool around. But as soon as the doctor cleared us, we started doing it every other day. We had a lot of fun with it--lots of different positions and all over the house. I think we did it a fair amount with me on top. I O'ed every time, and then waited with my legs up, or fell asleep directly after.

Hope this helps you all end up with your precious little blue bundles!

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks lad, and welcome to the site!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again Atomic. I have followed 90% of what’s needed for a blue sway. Eating right on point, lifting weights, vitamins, cut coffee. Husband has quit smoking completely, taking vitamins, and made lots of improvements in lifestyle over the last few years. The only thing we are missing is frequent BD. Our pattern seems to always fall for once a week. How much can this hurt our sway as I see boy friendly couples tend to DTD more frequently as you recommend to your blue swayers. Of course I understand the 3 attempts for swaying, I know that 1 attempt = girl. But how about before the attempt. How bad will
    Our BD pattern hurt our chances?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't quantify it (just don't have the data to do so). I think anyone having ANY sex unprotected out of the fertile window and then the three attempts is all good. What I hate to see is the people who have sex once a month because they're so scared of Shettles timing and then don't get pregnant for a year or more (we have had dozens of people show up here after trying one attempt at ovulation for 9+ months).

Is there any way hubby can clean the pipes 1x in addition?? While weeklong abstains haven't really worked for pink, at the same time we don't want him regularly going 7 days between releases, either. Even if he could close that gap by only a day or two it may help a little.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

16. Thanks Katie.Z thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I have mentioned it to him before and he was ok with it but I think most nights he’s exhausted from work and I don’t want to push him. Thank you for the reply, Atomic.

18. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast