Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How we got our boys 2!!!

I wonder what you think about my story ladies. I have two beautiful boys, though I’d say they were conceived under different circumstances. With DS1 I was very stressed with work and my relationship with DH, conceived my boy with one attempt at positive OPK (first smiley so high reading and not even peak), I’m naturally slim but was feeling relatively overweight at the time for my usual self (BMI 21.5 but I felt very heavy), HIIT exercises but not often enough. Food wise I never skipped a breakfast but fasted 14-15 hours overnight (I like to eat my dinner early), drank lots of juices, never coffee, rarely alcohol. I was a big meat eater, avoided carbs like a plague so would normally eat red meat and a salad. No sugar and desserts, no junk food, but I’d snack on nuts and fruits. Loved my tea and often took vitamins and fiber. Second time around I was BMI 19, my lowest adult weight ever, very lean and active, pushing the pram for 2 hours every day and running after two active boys, similar diet, juices, lots of water, no coffee, no alcohol as was breastfeeding my DS1 until the month when I conceived, conceived with one attempt at peak OPK (the day of peak) plus one more attempt the day after. Started drinking coffee closer to conception if DS2. I felt like DS2 should have been a girl as most things but the diet was quite punk friendly but I didn’t sway back then. Personality wise very confident and competitive and a protector of my family. I guess if I ever want to have a daughter i gotta change my diet, nothing else seems to work for me towards more pink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Thirdtimelucky01; September 23rd, 2019 at 07:07 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing is when looking at your life, you can never truly know if you had boys because you were super set for boys, or if you actually had a decent shot at a girl and then just fell into the opposite range by sheer chance.

Swaying seems to have a theoretical upper window of somewhere between 70-80%. This means that even under ideal circumstances, we are still seeing 20-30% opposites. So let's say with your second conception, you were 60% set for a girl. This is more girl friendly, but still plenty of opposites would be conceived.

Plus, we need to always keep in mind that swaying is like an iceberg. The stuff we "see" peeking above the water (diet, exercise, etc) is minuscule compared to the stuff that lies below the water. We had a lifetime of eating and doing stuff under our belts, the stuff we did for a few months before getting pregnant matters of course, but there is other stuff going on (dating back to when the egg that was us, formed in our GRANDMOTHER"S womb) that may affect the outcome of a sway. We just can't control stuff that is uncontrollable, let alone the luck factor, so my advice is to do what has worked for most people most of the time! Good luck and pink dust.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Thirdtimelucky01 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie.Z View Post
    Yes I have mentioned it to him before and he was ok with it but I think most nights he’s exhausted from work and I don’t want to push him. Thank you for the reply, Atomic.
    Then we focus on the stuff we can change and let go of the stuff we can't!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very interesting stories ladies. I really am worried I have such a boy mum personality. I plan the family meals weeks in advance, have set days for certain chores, set boundaries and tasks for the kids etc. I drive my husband crazy with lists and organisation plans. I also stress a lot due to my tough job so assume my testosterone must be high.

I was wondering what you think about this situation.

I have two step sons (it’s a long sad story and have been around since they are young). My husband comes from a family of ONLY boys and 90% male cousins on both his dad and mums side. His dad also comes from a family of lots of boys (5+). I also have nephews.

Atomic, I know you say (and I believe your explanations) that there are no families that truly are destined for one gender. But, my husband IS that family. The male strength is unbelievably strong.

However, on my mothers side of my family we have the opposite. My mum came from a family of only girls and my grandfather also had lots of sisters, even a twin sister! I come from a girl-boy sibling set and my cousins are also girl-boy in that order. So although we have more girls, I’d say we average out to almost 50-50 with a slight lean to girl.

Knowing there is such a strong male lineage on my husbands side, I am so worried that we will never get our girl. I feel no matter what, I can’t deny such a strong male line.

On the other hand, I think why am I even worried as maybe I’m meant for a girl like most women in my family? Does the fact my husband had two boys already mean nothing for my statistics?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Testosterone has never been proven to sway anyway. I know people claim that, but it is based on personality tests and not blood tests. We don't even know that it has anything to do with testosterone.

Plus, stress doesn't necessarily raise testosterone anyway! Self-imposed stress (aka being a control freak) does seem to be associated with having more boys, but stress from things that are out of our control have been studied and found to sway pink anyway. So we don't truly know if having stress sways pink or blue. I would definitely try to step away from the control freakishness stuff as much as you can, particularly when it comes to swaying.

My husband's grandfather was one of three brothers and then all three brothers had lots of boys. But then the kids of those boys were all b/g mix, and our family was the only generation of the grandkids who had a lot of boys. Both my husband's mom and dad were from boy heavy families - but they still had a boy and a girl. WE still got a girl in the end. These things are not unchangeable. Gender is not genetic that way.

I understand that nothing I say or do can deter you from believing what you believe, but it makes no sense that anyone's genes would "hitch a ride" on either gender, but especially the male gender, because men are much likelier to die without offspring than women are. A family that had all or mostly boys would have died out a long time ago because men are at such a reproductive disadvanage.

If you look at a family like the Duggars, you'll see that YES the fact your husband has 2 boys already means nothing for the outcome of your sway. They had a long run of B/G mixed, then a long run of all boys, and then a long run of all girls, any one of which is more kids than most of us have! This is the same couple with the same eggs and same sperm, and they had a bunch of boys in a row and a bunch of girls in a row.

Men make 50-50 X and Y sperm. They have to because their bodies are made up of XY cells that divide to become half X and half Y sperm. You have just as good a chance at a girl as anyone.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just curious what types of salad dressings you guys liked? Are there any particularly boy friendly ones? Or anything specific I should look for in a dressing besides taste?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hakrueg View Post
    Just curious what types of salad dressings you guys liked? Are there any particularly boy friendly ones? Or anything specific I should look for in a dressing besides taste?

I’m not sure about the others, but I always ate anything full fat, olive oil based. The only difference between my boys and my DD was full fat vs lite. FX and GL to you!!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush, hakrueg liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hakrueg View Post

When it comes to blue salad dressings, you may want to go for a sweet-tasting (and yes full fat) dressing. This is because we want protein + carbs at every meal and snack (this does not need to be a lot of carbs) and so if you're having a salad with meat and cheese and even nuts on top, that's going to be pretty low carb. Adding a sweet salad dressing adds a nice bit of carbs and the fat in the dressing will help your body absorb the nutrients from those dark leafy greens, which are not well absorbed wihtout fat!

As for me I often had thousand island, Catalina, Brianna's sweet wine vinaigrette (has strawberry on label), and a sweet poppyseed dressing also from Briannas. I often had the poppyseed dressing with a dark leafy green salad with a piece of salmon on top of it when I got my 3rd boy, I ate that meal at least 1x a week for months before I got him! I ate the strawberry wine vinaigrette more before I got my 4th boy without the salmon on the salad.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah found a good pic - I haven't ever tried the one with the artichoke on it, but ate tons of the other two when I got my boys:

3-bottles.jpg

12. Likes hakrueg liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is perfect because I have that Briannas poppyseed one in my fridge! I love that one, especially paired with feta cheese!

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast