Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope some of my boy-mom habits which lead to 2 unintentional sways and 2 amazingly beautiful boys can help anyone out there ttc a baby boy! I have always naturally eaten a HE diet. I generally ate healthily, high protein and good fats for my main meals but was ALWAYS hungry so would eat/snack all day and always on high calorie, high carb, high fat foods. I was a big fan of junk food and drive throughs. I never let myself get hungry because I get hangry and my stomach hurts! So I'd be driving somewhere and I would see McDonalds so drive on through of course ... often for a cheeky cheeseburger meal ... as a snack. What I ate didn't affect my weight so I thought that obviously my body needed the food so never limited myself. Would eat a big dinner then have chips, chocolate and full sugar coke as snacks in front of the TV followed by maybe toast and butter or peanut butter before bed at about 10/11pm because I'd be hungry again and couldn't sleep if I was. I would eat a 2 course breakfast, usually butter on 2 pieces of toast with a whole avocado spread between the two slices. I'd also have a bowl of cereal or porridge (sometimes along with a hot chocolate). I never ate low fat or low sugar foods/drinks. I had never drunk coffee before swaying pink (currently). Drank herbal (mainly green, peppermint and jasmine) and black teas (with full cream milk) I never really drank alcohol, only very occasionally. Pretty sedentary lifestyle. Took prenatal vits prior to ttc. BD every day or every other day throughout O window for both. ...Had no idea all this was very boy friendly!

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope this is the right place— I’d like to share my unintentional boy sways.

Crappy diet— I ate whatever whenever. Now that I am limiting my salt I take I see that I probably had a lot because it’s in a lot of foods. I didn’t eat a lot of meat as I never do but did drink and eat a lot of dairy.
    I was a cigarette smoker with all 3 and smoking the occasional maryjane, not big on alcohol.
    No exercise— I was unemployed all 3x times and laid around
    Always ate breakfast!!!! Within an hour of waking and usually always had coffee.
    No J&D
    With #2&3 boys (I have 3 total) We DTD 1-2 days before Ovulation. Usually when I noticed an increase in EWCM we did it.
    I am irregular as far as periods go but am very fluidy down there which helped determine. Only DTD once both times.
    My first was a surprise so who knows what happened— I was very young when he was born. I think I’m very fertile in general.
    I also have a retroflexed, retroverted Vagina or whatever it is. Both of them I have! I was told by my OBGYN.

I think that’s it!

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies!! Hopefully my experience can help you in some way

I unintentionally swayed blue both times by:
    - taking prenatals 3 months prior to conception (Baby & Me 2)
    - no alcohol, coffee, softdrink - did drink tea, mostly rooibos because of no caffeine
    - being sedentary (drove 40min each way to work, taught in a small school so not a lot of walking, sat and snacked while I planned/marked or watched YouTube. Maybe walked on the weekend. Went through phases with HIIT and pilates on holidays)
    - eating large, healthy meals very regularly: big breakfast of cup of tea with oats/PB/fruit or 3 Weetbix and toast; large portion of dinner leftovers at school break of 10:50am for lunch; huge dinner of loaded nachos (heaps of cheese and avocado) or curry or meat & veg. I would always feel really, really full, and felt this was normal (trying to keep up with husband, who inhales food!)
    - lots of snacking (mostly chocolate. I would eat chocolate most days. Mix of milk and dark. Would smash a block in one sitting).
    - drinking at least a pint of milk a day with Milo

Common meals were really nutrient-dense fruits and veg. We live in the tropics so are surrounded by grassfed local beef and the "good" dairy (i.e. all the cream left on top). I loved pasta topped with lots of cheese, corn and canned tuna, and bread with slices of butter and Vegemite (we make our own multigrain bread so the slices were huge as well). Nachos were a big one with lots of hidden, shredded veg and beans and lentils, as was sushi with lots of soy sauce and Japanese mayo. Avocado fiend - about one a day. Whatever was "healthy" I consumed in abundance.

Concpetion-wise, we conceived first try with both our beautiful boys. My cycles can be anywhere from 28-35 days long, so I would aim for O as day 17 and just go, go, go. For DS#2 we did try to abstain for a couple of days before potential O, but we were on holidays and had been BDing most days prior. Always missionary as we thought this was a "girl" position, but my legs were always up over his shoulders and it wasn't really shallow positioning.

Hopefully this is helpful!!! Blue dust to you all xx

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    New here and thought I’d contribute!
    So, DS was a surprise. We weren’t really trying, but weren’t really preventing either. I wasn’t tracking my cycles, but I believe we conceived about a day before ovulation.

My diet was terrible. We lived off of fast food mostly. And admittedly our meal schedules were all over the place. We both loved red meat, carb heavy, and tended to snack quite a bit. Exercise was minimal. My DH was going through a very stressful period with his business and I was in the middle of starting a new job.

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone! I’m new here! I have a 9.5 month old baby boy and I am here doing my research so this may hopefully we can ttc a baby girl!

This is how we conceived our baby boy:

My husband and I were 21 when we conceived our baby boy on august 2019

I had gone through hormonal problems since stopping the pill on March and didn’t have a period for 76 days, then the next cycle was 45 days, the next one was 35 days and it seems that when we got pregnant it would have been 28 days that cycle.

I was overeating on a vegan diet.

I would eat until I felt super full because of stress because my husband and I had just moved 3 times in 2019, and we where shortly going to move again.

I was taking b complex and vitamin D as is recommended for vegans to do so, (I also was deficient in vitamin D) but didn’t take it everyday.

The month before DS was conceived I went on a diet and instead of eating like 5 times a day I would snack on cucumbers and pistachios. (I’ve been overeating by that time since March, so from March to June I was on the HE diet without knowing) I gained 25 pounds at that time. Weighted 142 at my heaviest, being 5’3, all my life I did sports and weighted around 100-103. And after stopping the sport and getting married + working I went up to 116-124.

My husband is 6’1 and at the time his weight was 213. We both found comfort in food so he also overate. He used to be 165 when we were in high school.

I would also eat a lot of nutritious food. When I did the diet I lost 10 pounds and no more. I was doing HIIT exercises.

Everyday I would eat a bowl of fortified Kellogg’s special cereal, with the ripple pea milk (vanilla flavored).

I would eat very late at night too.

We did 2-4 attempts I believe on my fertile window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi good luck on your TTC for a baby girl.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two boys who I didn’t sway for but clearly was a blue swayer naturally.

Ate breakfast. Everyday. Oats , smoothie, yoghurt, etc.
    snacked all day. Ate LARGE amount of calories. Big lunch. Then would eat biiig dinner of red meat, vege or salad, spuds or rice etc.
    then usually dessert. stomach so full but would still eat. Man I sound like a pig
    Worked out heavy weights , some hiit , loved to work out.
    Coffee with full milk, 1-2 a day.
    Lots of green tea. Love green tea.
    Not much alcohol but would have the odd cheeky glass of red wine.
    BD all the time bang on positive OPK and day before and after.
    When I ttc my girl I switched aaall of this on its head.

14. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Prayingforpink20 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We didn’t know about swaying when we began ttc. We DTD multiple times around O for DS1. I am a foodie and usually eat three large meal with lots of snacking between meals. I stopped exercising because I was working a lot and definitely gained weight in the year before DS1 was conceived. DS2 was an oops baby because I thought ovulation was more than a week away, but baby boy had other plans. I had just started ovulating again and O was all over the place and wasn’t tracking. We usually BD frequently and eat a lot lol. That’s about all the relevant details I can think of. Sending all my blue dust in trade for pink!! ��
    Last edited by Prayingforpink20; August 6th, 2022 at 10:48 PM.
    DS1 September 2020
    DS2 October 2021
    DS3 June 2023
    Praying for DD

16. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Praying for pink and married girl What were you eating??

18. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everything!! I remember with DS1 I was eating fast food a lot. Some days might have consumed 3500 or more calories between three large meals snacks and midnight munchies lol. DH and I were frequently using cannabis and CBD (we had just started talking about stopping protection to conceive and ended up pregnant right away, was not even taking prenatal until I got BFP, but was definitely getting a lot of nutrients from diet, obviously gave up all vices as soon as we got the BFP, but was not taking prenatals, was consuming alcohol, cannabis, and coffee daily) we would eat huge portions and get the munchies a lot. A typical day off work might look like this: Huge breakfast of biscuits and gravy or pancakes or cinnamon rolls with bacon eggs and sausage with full fat milk or OJ, elevensies (LOTR reference lol) could be a protein bar or banana with nuts, lunch Philly cheesesteak sandwiches (or eat out we would eat out a lot at this time), snack cheese and crackers with fruit, dinner medium rare steaks, potatoes, asparagus midnight munchies half baked Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. We would often spilt a pint of ice cream every night or every other night. I gained a bunch of weight being sedentary at work and not working out at all. We were still active people, but did not work out. I hope this helps!! Sending all my blue dust!! My boys are heavenly and I love them so much!! Just need a little pink around here lol!!
    Last edited by Prayingforpink20; August 7th, 2022 at 08:45 PM.
    DS1 September 2020
    DS2 October 2021
    DS3 June 2023
    Praying for DD

20. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast