Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Slight Change In Temps

I've read before that a change in your typical BBT from month to month can be an indication of a change in estrogen or progesterone in your body. Anyone know the info or reasoning behind this? I've been temping for probably 6 months now (and have it done it in the past as well) and all of a sudden this month my temps early on in my cycle are a few tenths higher than they typically would be. From what I know, I think this is going in the opposite direction of what I want it to for my sway. Of course this is our month to start swaying (boy) so it's got me all worried My pH the day after my period was right around a 7 so I'm not worried about that... it should still go up more as I get near ovulation. Just wondering about the estrogen... Anyone know? I there any research out there on this topic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oestrogen is a hormone which cools your body temp, progesterone is one which warms it up
    it might not be that your progesterone levels are increasing, it could be that you might have previously had too high oestrogen levels relative to the other hormones and that things are now balancing out

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    oestrogen is a hormone which cools your body temp, progesterone is one which warms it up
    it might not be that your progesterone levels are increasing, it could be that you might have previously had too high oestrogen levels relative to the other hormones and that things are now balancing out
    totally.

First of all, we don't even KNOW that the prog = girls is true or not, that is just a theory and other things like blood glucose have a lot more backing them up. My thinking is that high hormones (test., est., and prog) prob sway blue and low/decreasing levels prob sway pink, because your body makes all three out of the exact same stuff.

Second of all, like rainbow said, it is far from proven that a change in temp means anything in terms of swaying. It may be that some proportion of prog to estrogen has changed and that is indicating a or it might just be summertime.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you both for your feedback! This is exactly what I was wondering. My temps in the follicular phase have always been in the low 96 degree range. Very low compared to what is considered normal... now I'm wondering if that's why I have a lot of girls if low temps equal more estrogen? But this month it shifted up to be upper 96/low 97 range. Also, I've always been one with a very short, light period (we're talking 2 days at most with a few days of spotting) but this month I was probably 5 days of flow with one day spotting. Whatever it is, my body is experiencing change from status quo which I think is a good thing. Thx again for responding.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, that is one thing that seems instinctively to be true to me too. If our cycles have always been one way and then we sway and they change, that is probably a good thing.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ