Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Use Pre-Seed or Not?

Hi Ladies,
    I apologize in advance... my first sway attempt is in a few days so I'm probably going to have a lot of questions. Things never work out how I plan!

So here's the first question... I just checked my pH. The highest I've ever had it (near ovulation, right after orgasm) was 6.8. I just tested it right now (still a few days away from ovulation, no intercourse) and it's 7.2! My plan was to use Pre-Seed with a little baking soda in it to bring my pH up... with it being 7.2 already would you use Pre-Seed or just rely on the natural pH and not introduce a foreign substance? Is an 8 absolutely optimal or is a 7.2 still good? Just trying to figure out what to do. Never thought my pH would get this high naturally... when I started all of this I couldn't break a 5.

Thanks in advance!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent pH! HE diet helped me as well to raise pH, it was stucked at 6 for a loooong time while I was on IG diet.

Pre-Seed will help you to get pg and this is of course the most important as you can't get your DG without being pg If you want higher pH, maybe it's better to do BSF 1 hour before BD and use Pre-Seed as instructions say.

If you have enough EWCM with such great pH, it's probably not necessery. However, if you feel your EWCM is insufficient, then go ahead and use it. Atomic thinks of it as a boy friendly lube.

I would use it for sure in my situation ( swaying for over a year, almost 39 , not enough EWCM - although pH is around 7 )
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Z!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can also use real egg whites if you want. I think the pH is supposedly higher.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With a natural ph that high, I would use a bit of preseed and skip the baking soda. I am very wary of it and worried that it kills sperm if there is too much. GL!!!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So here's another question... the pH of pre-seed is actually 7. My pH is higher than that naturally right now, so I'm worried if I use pre-seed that I will bring the pH down. At what point do you worry that your pH is too high? As an experiment last night with intercourse I used Pre-Seed with a little baking soda mixed in... my pH was 8.0 after intercourse. Does anyone else think or have experiences where they believe that the baking soda didn't work? Has anyone gotten pregnant using the baking soda? I'm thinking that since my pH is naturally so high right now that I don't want to take the chance with baking soda and kill any sperm. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you've got that high a ph and ewcm, I would consider not using any of it! There have been those who have gotten pg with the baking soda, but after months and months. The part about it killing off sperm is just what I worry about, but I am more of a minimalist with swaying- the more natural you can do it, and leave out things that may unnecessarily interfere, the better. Ya know, you could give it a shot for a couple months anyway, no harm in that! And, just to throw this out there, the high ph thing is not a proven swaying factor anyway....it's just a hypothesized one. I don't think your ph is too high, but I personally wouldn't worry too much about it being higher. Preseed was made at the ph of 7-7.5 because that is the optimal ph for sperm to live and thrive in from lab testing. KWIM? You sound golden just where you are, but you can always try the preseed and bs and see if you get pg.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    agree with lola, i think using less "foreign" things is better. ive cut out a lot in my plan. but you will find ppl who have gotten pg with all sorts of foreign objects and liquids and organisms in them....

just depends whats most impt to you. i tweeked my plan over the course of 3-5 mos. yes..no...yes..no....yes..no...

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you worry about pH just use EW and not preseed and no BS. I think this would be the easiest to do.
    +1

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by soontobesix View Post
    So here's another question... the pH of pre-seed is actually 7. My pH is higher than that naturally right now, so I'm worried if I use pre-seed that I will bring the pH down. At what point do you worry that your pH is too high? As an experiment last night with intercourse I used Pre-Seed with a little baking soda mixed in... my pH was 8.0 after intercourse. Does anyone else think or have experiences where they believe that the baking soda didn't work? Has anyone gotten pregnant using the baking soda? I'm thinking that since my pH is naturally so high right now that I don't want to take the chance with baking soda and kill any sperm. Thoughts?
    I have the same thoughts too!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast