Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Information about your dhs

I'm just curious not sure if it'll help my sway but..
    What are your dhs like?
    Do they exercise? Are they active/ not in day to day life
    What is their diet like?
    What do they drink? Alcohol and non-alcohol?

My dh is very fit and pretty non- stop, always doing something!
    He drinks squash or juice, rarely water and beer almost every day. He eats pretty well but only because I cook for him, he does have a real sweet tooth for chocolate!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1. He doesn't exercise, but he plays basketball 1-2 times a week for 1 hour and tennis once a week for 1.5 hour

2. he is on the heavy side, put some weight lately, but always was chubby He likes to eat everything, and oh yeah - sweet tooth for chocolate

3. He drinks water, alcohol only on special occasions ( rarely) and beer when is important game on TV lol (like 2-3 times a month)

4. Imho - he is too lazy to exercise daily, too much sweets and he really should sleep more ( not just because lack of sleep is lowering his T LOL!)
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do they exercise? Are they active/ not in day to day life. Not alot of exercise is trying to do a few weights during our sway though lol
    What is their diet like? Like mine, but bigger portions lol
    What do they drink? Alcohol and non-alcohol? Pineapple juce or water. Very little alcohol to none/no caffeine during our sway. He used to consume beer and alot of coffee before sway!!

He used to be skinny as but during sway has gained alot of weight he had to remove his wedding ring lol
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Um, Thank you both! I wonder if the exercise thing makes a difference, even if it does there is no way dh would give up that or even cut it back!! My dh drinks a lot of beer and coffe too, 5, just wondered if beer was a problem for raising his ph and if I should only buy him wine but obviously wasn't a problem for your dh!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Obviously my DH is father to 3 boys but thought it might still be useful to post for comparison purposes!

DH doesn't take any regular exercise these days because he's too busy at work (he is office based and often very stressed). However, he's naturally very muscly and in the past he's enjoyed running and cycling and can decide to go for a run one day, having done nothing for months, and doesn't struggle at all!

Food wise, he does eat lots of crap (he loves pizzas and curries and also has a soft spot for chocolate!) but he eats lots of good stuff too. He put on some weight while I was swaying because I wasn't cooking healthy evening meals and he also drank my share of alcohol - he likes both beer and wine. He drinks coffee at work and loves orange juice, doesn't like fizzy drinks particularly. He drinks the occasional Red Bull (blech!). I wouldn't say his eating habits have changed much since we conceived the boys but he's probably eating more of the bad stuff and less of the good stuff. His waist size never changes though!

He sits with his laptop on his balls most nights so I'm hoping this will have helped with our sway lol!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We got 4 boys but I will share about dh maybe help some on why I have 4 boys

Do they exercise? No but his job is very busy, he NEVER sits down, a lot of walking and heavy lifting so he is muscular, (works 40hr week)

What is their diet like? He eats anything and everything lol he eats a lot, loves meat, if I don't fix his plate at dinner then it would be filled with just meat, I fix his plate so their will be some veggies on there(has no prob with veggies and will clean his plate just prefers meats) he doesn't like real sweet things, he loves cookies and cakes just they can't be overloaded with icing and be really sweet, loves ice cream but can't be nothing fancy because then he considers it to sweet, likes just vanilla, choc, etc will eat cookies cream, says the cookie dough ice cream is too sweet

What do they drink? Alcohol and non-alcohol? Never ever any alcohol, he drinks what there is for the boys which is water and water down koolaide, dh is about 90% water because he drinks that at work since his job is busy busy he needs the water, he doesn drink dr pepper when we eat out, or if its at someones house, I just don't buy it because the boys will drink lol, he stays away from caffeine during the work week, he also gets about 6 to 7hrs sleep too during the work week(bed by 9 or 10pm up at 4am) and he just recently started drinking monsters in the mornings but that was after I had ds4 so that had nothing to do with having boys
    Last edited by XXdreaming; September 18th, 2011 at 10:43 AM.
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)He used to be very physically fit when he was younger and has a very active job and he is also very active on the weekends but he has gotten kinda heavy the last few years despite this. When we married and conceived DS 1 20 years ago, he weighed 170 pounds and now he weighs 240 (and conceived DS 4 2 years ago when he was on the heavy side, though not as heavy as he is now.)

2)His diet really is awful. He eats mostly ice cream, chips and salsa, and pizza/burgers/fries. I used to try and cook healthy food like pasta and stir-fry, but he complains about it and he told me when we married that he did not want me to ever cook casseroles!! He does drink one glass of fresh squeezed vegetable juice a day because he doesn't eat vegetables. WE were poor when we conceived DS 1 and 2 and ate mostly milk and bread (although we ate in a lot of restaurants with DS 1 and he got meat there). With DS 3 and 4 we had more money and with DS 3 esp. it was summertime and we were barbequeing a lot, so a lot of red meat with him.

3)He drinks a lot of liquid, esp. lemonade, fruit juice, green tea, coffee, milk. He has suddenly started drinking energy drinks but he never did that when we conceived any of our boys. He drinks beer now, 1-4 a day, but he didn't drink at all with DS 1 and 2 and when we TTC DS 3 he stopped for a few months. He did keep drinking some with DS 4 but cut back.

The only other thing I will add is that he is also very very grouchy - I would say unusually so.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    1)The only other thing I will add is that he is also very very grouchy - I would say unusually so.
    Lol, I would probably say something like this about my DH (though he would be deeply offended by it!). I'm kind of used to him now - we're complete opposites and sometimes that just works because we balance each other out! We do argue alot though, that's just our relationship, the day we can't be bothered to argue with each other is the day we stop caring! Perhaps our argumentative natures are a reflection of our joint testosterone levels
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My hubby was 170 whn we met than ow when we concieved ds1 at 200 pounds and he has slowly lost weight and is back to 170.He is high T im sure,he is very self assured,high tempered and we cant drive anyplace without him screming swear wordsat other drivers and their crappy driving lol He used to drink alot of Mt Dew but gave that up after ds2.He likes meats,sweets,cereal,candy,bread and never drank beer until about 4 years and now drinks about 34 beers a week yikes! He does alot of heavy lifting at work and cuts wood for our outdoor wood stove about 8 hours every saturday but when he is not working he is parked in front of the tv so he does alot of endurance work but not much cardio. Honestly What d you think drinking that much beer does to a pink sway?
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have three little girls and my DH is the epitome of fitness. He was a divison 1 college athlete, coaches high school wrestling and our daughter's soccer team and is an avid traithlete (even completing a full Ironman triathlon last year). Wrestlers are well known for having lots of little girls due to the cutting weight, heat of sitting in the sauna and cutting weight and wearing tight spandex regularly. Now that he's not wrestling anymore, he wears spandex for triathlons. So for our boy sway... he gave up triathlons and hard core working out for 1 WHOLE YEAR! We'll see if it was worth it!

As for eating, he used to cut a lot of weight for wrestling now just eats whatever he wants since he's not limited. He was quite a bit heavier (25 lbs) when we conceived DD2 but he lost the weight with me after she was born. He has a great metabolism and doesn't have a problem gaining weight at all. He eats healthy at home just because that's the way I cook. Unfortunately his lunches involved a lot of eating out and food on the road.

He does drink alcohol some but not a lot. He gave it up completely for the past few months for our boy sway. He likes to have a beer or glass or wine after work a few days a week. I'm constantly harping at him to drink more water. His day would consist of Diet Coke and coffee only if I didn't get on him (which by the way he limited quite a bit during the months leading up to our sway).

Hope that helps! Good luck with your sway!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast