Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Short LP?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Short LP?

I typically have short cycles of 23 days but this time since starting supplements, diet etc., it was very short - my cycle was only 20 days (only 8 days from ovulation to AF). I know short LPs can be concerning for pregnancy and lead to more potential for miscarriage. Should I be concerned or go through another cycle before getting concerned? We are planning to attempt this cycle - is that ok? I know that treatment for a short LP can include Clomid but I'd rather not since that sways pink and we are trying for blue. Are there any treatments for this that sway blue? Progesterone? What about increasing Vitamin B6? I am currently taking 2 mg/day with the Women's One a Day vitamin. Thank you for your input!
    2010, 2013...Praying for in 2016

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thought it would probably help to list the supplements I am taking:

EPO 500 mg twice a day (from AF to O)
    Folic Acid 400 mcg 5 times a day
    Mucinex twice a day (from AF to O)
    Women's One a Day once a day
    Probiotic once a day
    Co Q 10 100 mg once a day
    Green Tea supplement - twice per day
    Fish Oil 1000 mg once a day
    Brewer's Yeast supplement - once per day

Also following the diet, and taking plain gelatin once/day.

Thanks again!

3. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I started swaying pink a month or so before I wanted to ttc so I was taking Vitex and B6 for my pink sway (which I later found out that B6 actually sways blue...) and then started having a very short luteal phase, about 7-8 days. So first I dropped the vitex bc I thought that was the problem. Next month was the same way so I stopped the B6. Have been off both for at least 6-8 weeks now and am still having a short LP. I actually think the B6 might have been making mine. I just saw my OB and he said Clomid is the best route for short LP. I hope you find a different answer though since you're swaying blue! Good luck to you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - 2010, - 2014, TTC 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would wean off the EPO completely. I've seen it mess cycles up in all sorts of ways.

How long is your LP usually?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im sure a vitamin b complex helps

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry I think this question keeps getting bumped away from me.

Yes, you can still try this month. Just because it happened one month doesn't mean it will happen in the future and I have seen many ladies get pregnant in months after having 8 day LP (becuase remember, when you conceive you would not know how long yoru LP might have been that month anyway)

I want you to drop the EPO AND the green tea supplement both and let's cut fish oil in half at the same time (down to 500 if you can find one or else take the 1000 every other day)

Do not take any supplemental B vitamins. You are already getting enough in the One a Day.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jdd1017 View Post
    I started swaying pink a month or so before I wanted to ttc so I was taking Vitex and B6 for my pink sway (which I later found out that B6 actually sways blue...) and then started having a very short luteal phase, about 7-8 days. So first I dropped the vitex bc I thought that was the problem. Next month was the same way so I stopped the B6. Have been off both for at least 6-8 weeks now and am still having a short LP. I actually think the B6 might have been making mine. I just saw my OB and he said Clomid is the best route for short LP. I hope you find a different answer though since you're swaying blue! Good luck to you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B6 messes up cycles in all sorts of ways.

Clomid is the gold standard for lengthening LP but of course a blue swayer would hope to avoid. I think it's the green tea + EPo

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree about B6 and avoiding extra B vitamins! More isn't always better, often it can mske things worse.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much for your input! My LP is usually 10 days so this was shorter but not that much shorter. This cycle has been odd - light bleeding for the first 3 days and now heavy bleeding - usually I go right to heavy. One last question - if I drop the EPO and green tea - what will that do to the very little EGCM I have...I have NEVER really had any but last cycle I had a little which was a positive sign I thought? I'm worried if I stop them, I will lose what little I have...I'm trying to get in more grapefruit each day as I read this can help. Any other suggestions?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some people find that green tea dries up EWCM for them. It may actually even improve.

HE Diet on its own and also the supps you're on, DOES improve EWCM over time. Plus Guanefesin if you use that. Grapefruit also may help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast