Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    whats OHW?

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ONE HIT WONDER
    TTC Blue!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i feel exactly like youguys, if i dont have a son, im unsuccessful, weak. or my husband isnt man enough.
    I also feel like God has plans and has planned all this. with my stomach problems lately, so close to attempt, ive been telling my dh that maybe its Gods way of telling me im not meant for a son and/or this surely isnt the way to do it.

in the end, i hope im happy.

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyTunaSushi View Post
    B-

Underline is also why I feel like I need to have a boy. It really isn't about what I want, but how I want others to perceive me. But like I said, I can't allow that to rule my life.
    YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT HERE. What ruins people's lives is worrying too much about what others think and spending your life living outside of yourself in that manner rather than actually LIVING YOUR LIFE.

If people think we are weak or our DH's aren't "manly" enough to make girls, then it is a shame that they are so shallow and close-minded, and well, retarded, in my opinion, and I could not care LESS because I know my girls are the bomb-diggety and people should only hope to have children as wonderful as mine are! (And ALL of our children are this wonderful, you guys know what I mean!) I have known several families in my life with 3 or more all girls, and those girls were super awesome. I don't know, this whole process, this whole journey has really changed my perspective, I'll tell ya. I don't even see gender anymore....I see PEOPLE.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    i feel exactly like youguys, if i dont have a son, im unsuccessful, weak. or my husband isnt man enough.
    I also feel like God has plans and has planned all this. with my stomach problems lately, so close to attempt, ive been telling my dh that maybe its Gods way of telling me im not meant for a son and/or this surely isnt the way to do it.

in the end, i hope im happy.
    It is also important to keep in mind that your DH can't control how many X or Y sperm he has....he likely has a nice 50/50 split, and the winner of the race is the winner, plain and simple. Don't let this CHAUVINISTIC society influence and poison your feelings about your children or you DH or his balls or for pete's sake, your ability as a woman to bear "good" children. Our kids may have vaginas, but DAMMIT, they can rule this world if they wanted to just like any man out there. They may never be linebackers (well, I hope not for their sake!), but they can be the President, they can be an Olympic athlete, they can be the next Steve Jobs.....they can do anything, and they need us to teach them that.

(I'm just trying to shake my GIRL POWER fist here! I lived with a man -ex-husband- who hated women....information that would have been helpful BEFORE we got married, right???.....and he was mad as hell both times we ended up with girls. He took a liking to DD1 because he thought he could turn her into a tomboy, but when DD2 came along, it was somehow my fault that she was a girl, and he suddenly blamed me for his new life with "all women." I can remember rocking DD2 to sleep in her room, thinking that we were the two in exile there....that he would be happier if we both weren't there. Lucky for me, I made that happen and took both of them with me, of course. Anyway....I digress.....but my point is- we cannot let our daughters suffer from persecution because they are girls, especially coming from US!)
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi...I haven't posted on here since announcing my BFP.

I just found out i'm expecting dd3...after swaying & praying. I don't know how to move on...dd2 was a shettles opposite & this one was a hardcore sway & lots of praying & was pregnant during 1st attempt....really really thought this was my boy...but you get what you are given.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyTunaSushi View Post
    B-

BOLD is exactly what I feel. It is God's choice, he is sovereign- and he is good! He desires good for all of us, even if it means suffering (think of Job).

Underline is also why I feel like I need to have a boy. It really isn't about what I want, but how I want others to perceive me. But like I said, I can't allow that to rule my life.
    You know Job had 3 daughters too And 7 sons ... so a little more balanced there than I'll ever be, LOL. It's so odd to me that I worry so much about other's perception of me/DH when it comes to the gender of our children. By and large in my life I don't fret a bit about what other people have to say about us, but on this issue, for some reason, I care. But I am starting to care less about it, I really am, because while these are MY kids, they do not define ME. Or my DH.

I love that you brought up Martha Stewart, for example ... I also think about the Clinton's. Hillary is no shrinking violet, LOL. Michelle Obama certainly seems to hold her own as well. With biceps like that you'd think she'd be makin' some sons And a woman I truly, greatly admire here in our community for all of her outstanding service has three daughters, who she (and her DH) have raised to also be amazing contributors. No one would dare to question her or her husband's strengths. Like you I have always been a fairly dominant female, both in athletic endeavors and my career. As an adult I think this is likely the only "goal" I've had that I haven't "made happen" ... but again, it wasn't ever really up to me, and I need to remember that.

I was thinking earlier tonight about how when DH and I first talked about having kids, before we had them, what we hoped for in raising them, and none of it was about raising an NFL player. It was about raising people who contributed to our society through their God given talents and a servant's heart, who had compassion for others, who were generous with their time and money, who felt loved by us and loved by God. I'm pretty sure that we can accomplish all (well, we sure can try anyhow; they're rather lofty goals!) of our parenting goals with the three daughters we've been blessed with. Tonight I feel good about it. Tonight I feel like it really is going to be OK if we never have a son. Not saying I think I'm over it, but I'm happy to be having one of those times where I feel like it really is going to be OK. Better than OK. It's going to be great Yes ... a son would have been fun for us. It would have been different for us. But this isn't really about me and what I want when it comes down to it. It's about this child (and my other lovely DD's!) and I have to remember that. Focus, Begonia, Focus

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know what's up but I'm having issues with quoting ... but Gizmo, re: trying to figure out what God is telling you ... well I think that is super hard, except sometimes in retrospect, KWIM? If you really want to you can always find a "sign" about the decision you're trying to make. I know the month I got pg I thought it was a "sign" because of getting my +OPK on my birthday, like a gift from God so to speak, as a "this is it! this is your boy!" And it wasn't. It was just a sign I was ovulating, LOL, and it happened to line up with my birthday. My 33rd when I was TTC my 3rd baby. All good things. But she's a girl! But you know ... maybe that was all meant to be anyway. Maybe that was His plan all along, and it was MY plan that was never correct in the first place.

Anyhow I know I ended up making that about me but what I'm trying to say is don't look too hard for a sign/signal/whatever from God. Pray about it. Trust your instinct. If you think the stomach problems will give you something to look back on and say "I should have listened!" then forgo the attempt, I think. I do think you'll end up happy, I really do. I think for most of us GD is VERY real, but also not a lifetime sentence. And girl you may still get your BOY yet!!! FX!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    Anyway....I digress.....but my point is- we cannot let our daughters suffer from persecution because they are girls, especially coming from US!)
    Amen Lola!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post

If people think we are weak or our DH's aren't "manly" enough to make girls, then it is a shame that they are so shallow and close-minded, and well, retarded, in my opinion, and I could not care LESS because I know my girls are the bomb-diggety and people should only hope to have children as wonderful as mine are! (And ALL of our children are this wonderful, you guys know what I mean!) I have known several families in my life with 3 or more all girls, and those girls were super awesome. I don't know, this whole process, this whole journey has really changed my perspective, I'll tell ya. I don't even see gender anymore....I see PEOPLE.
    I think it's rad that you called your girls the bomb-diggety. Talk about a descriptive phrase in need of making a comeback You crack me up. But you're right about the seeing people not gender thing ... it's exactly what I was talking about in an earlier post on this thread tonight. All of our hopes DH and I had for our children can be met by our girls.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast