Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    My Aunt had my cousin, a girl, from a failed tubal surgery (she said her tubes were tied and cauterized!). She is definitely suffers from s sweet tooth! She rarely snacks, but when she does it is with some sort of fruit candy, fruit pastry, or pie.

I on the other hand, used to be the savory type. I did eat fast food a lot with DS1. I ate my traditional healthy diet of veggies, nuts, eggs, and no sweets with DS2. DS3 resulted from a failed pink sway (I wouldn't change a thing ). I ate chicken (not a lot- 2-4oz daily), veggies, little fruit, and no sweets.

There may be something to it! Either junky savory foods or healthy savory foods = more boys. Junky sweets or healthy sweets (I'm thinking of fruit here) = more girls. My grandma had 3 girls and miscarried a girl at 16 weeks. She either skips breakfast or lunch and has a major sweet tooth! Still does!

DS1, DS2, DS3
    One last pink sway in 2016
    My Ovulation Chart
    Here is the thing though. I just do not believe in magic foods. EVERY single one of those foods could be mixed around in such a way that may make boys or girls. Sweets or savory, there are just limitless combos of how people could eat them. That's why people can get girls on the Atkins diet and boys on a vegan diet, yk?? Eating not a lot and somewhat restrictive, vs. all day long and a lot of variety - much of of this comes down to patterns of eating and not food choices per se. If it was just foods, it would be so easy to pick out the trends.

Sally follows Atkins diet - egg and cheese for breakfast, salad and lunch meat for lunch, steak and asparagus for dinner, loses weight, has girl

Jane follows a vegan diet - fruit and cereal and soymilk breakfast, snack, pasta and fruit for lunch, snack, bean and cheese burrito for dinner, bedtime snack, gains weight or maintains, has boy

The foods themselves don't really sway (well the soy may sway a bit) it's nutrients and keeping blood sugar up - on the Atkins diet, your body has to burn all its stores of fats to keep blood sugar up, that's never a problem on vegan diet - there is just so much more going on here than foods, foods foods...
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic for this thread. You are completely correct in saying no sway is 100%. While people may follow all the blue sway tips and tools to the finest point, there will people who still conceive girls (someone has to make up that 20-25%, not everyone gets to be in that 75-80%!!)
    The funny thing about calcium is that I personally know a few ladies who love their calcium and ate it loads and had boys, they also had a bit of extra weight on them. So I'm with you on the calcium being a better boy sway than girl.

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my husband and I drank a GALLON of milk daily between us when we got DS 1 and 2. in between I became lactose intolerant but could still eat cheese and yogurt (which I did daily as I liked to have 4 oz of cheese for breakfast and yogurt and berries or cereal for a bedtime snack) and he still drank a gallon a day. With DS 3 and 4 both I was taking cal-mag supps too. It's just not something that I am able to buy into but hey totally up to each individual.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @atomic: I think you're often misunderstanding my posts, and me mentioning baby was nowhere implying you were zeroing in on her, I think that's much more an inference on your part -- she herself had referenced the weight in another thread, and I only referenced your general opinion on weight gain and sways. Nothing I'm ever saying is an attack! I just take this all pretty seriously I guess since it's even a chance to get my desired boy, when before I thought it was just luck of the draw. And I have a big background in nutritional science, so that's why I come to the table with my own thoughts on the deck, if that makes sense. I also live with an engineer, so I've learned to be straight to it lol. I'm seeing more and more that I don't come off well to you because of it, and I'm definitely not trying to make you dislike me :/

The attitude being that blue swayers often give up makes more sense to me -- the "well I'll probably get a girl anyway." I've honestly wanted a boy even more after the studies knowing what I know now (and even your comment that I not go for 2 under 2 spurs me on, honestly), but Buro saying you've talked about longterm lifestyle makes me worry... but then ALSO my lifestyle has been anorexic, whereas recovering from that is supposed to be blue? And hypothyroid?! Lol

And eat like shit is a direct quote from some women in the "how we got our boys" thread lol! And very specifically I was referencing junk food/fast food/takeaway.

And I absolutely agree that herbs can't be that necessary since the sex ratio everywhere is so many other factors, but I wondered if the "really set for girls" swayers were getting blue from that extra edge? Hmm.

I ultimately hit home on the "it's not just us at work" but just because of HOW self-directed the failed swayers have sometimes been.

@Girlieplease, your post is honestly a joy to me. I have been being lowered in thyroid dose postpartum anyway since I was run so high, so I can only hope the autoimmune bit actually DOES sway for me this time. Along with hopefully fertility. Because even though my BMI was in the teens, I was actively starving myself and overexercising and I'd just come off BC, I also fell pregnant first try.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; October 12th, 2016 at 07:44 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    my husband and I drank a GALLON of milk daily between us when we got DS 1 and 2. in between I became lactose intolerant but could still eat cheese and yogurt (which I did daily as I liked to have 4 oz of cheese for breakfast and yogurt and berries or cereal for a bedtime snack) and he still drank a gallon a day. With DS 3 and 4 both I was taking cal-mag supps too. It's just not something that I am able to buy into but hey totally up to each individual.
    I just remembered that my thyroid dose leeches calcium -_- I feel like I'm so much "Oh, I have that going for blue!" And stuff that also does that for pink... >_<

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Will quickly hit the things I think have caused our sway opposites of late. Again, in 2011-2014 we got great results and have changed nothing, plus dramatically improved success rates for pink (which were terrible in 2011-2012) based on things that we observed from blue sways, so I really, really have a hard time believing that our sway tactics are swaying pink.

1)Bad Luck. It may have been, possibly, that we just had insanely good luck the first 3 years and that luck maybe ran out a little bit. We have so few blue swayers that an unlucky break or two makes a difference. Swaying is not a guarantee, unfortunately. We had a swayer our first year that had what I consider to be a quintessential, perfect, blue sway - her husband was on board and she had a classic "boy mom" personality, and still got an opposite. We don't know if it is really actually luck in and of itself or things that are just more "set" and harder to change for some than others or other cues from their environment that may have sent a "pink" signal, or some combo of them all. But we just can't expect 100% success rates even with perfect sways - if that were possible the whole human race would have died out a long time ago.

2) The fertility factor. Everything in the blue sway is meant to boost odds of conception. Despite this, we still have some people swaying blue, who take months to get pregnant. I do not know why this is. It doesn't make sense. It's a puzzle and the notion that this may be swaying somehow, seems to be proven true among pink swayers as well with the ladies who took months/years to get pregnant having overwhelmingly more girls even though by that point they have dropped practically everything and even done things to boost their fertility. I believe this to be the primary reason why we had a run of opposites last year, we had quite a few people in this boat. Even our successful blue swayers seem to take longer on average to conceive than pink swayers, despite doing everything to boost fertility. Please understand, I do not think that therefore anyone with fertility challenges shouldn't sway - in fact, you may HAVE to sway in order to get pregnant at all. But I do think that when we have a few people who aren't doing timing and aren't doing douches and are doing SMEP and aren't getting pregnant and then those same people (both pink and blue BTW) are then getting girls, there has to be something going on with that. Additionally a lot of these people cannot do the attempts in the fertile window and end up with one.

3)Husbands with health issues, low sex drive, and bad habits. We have husbands with lots of really severe health issues some of whom are on very strong medication, couples who have not had sex in 6 weeks or 6 months (my husband would divorce me if we went without sex for 6 days LOL), and husbands that are smoking hookahs every night and stuff like that. (we also have a couple pink swayers whose husbands had some REALLY bad habits like cocaine in one instance, who got girls even with less than ideal sways) Now, again, if you're in this boat and the idea of pestering hubby into oblivion does not appeal (right there with ya as my hubs would not sway either and if I had badgered him about it, there would have been NO baby) this does not mean you should not sway. You are still gonna be better off swaying than not swaying (and I know of at least two blue swayers even with this sitch - their husbands with very severe health issues and very low sex drive) but it may be that he is bringing something to the table that is just a little bit harder to overcome. Additionally many of these people cannot do the attempts in the fertile window and end up with just one or 2 (and one is often quite early and may not count)

4)People doing stuff that is less than ideal. It's a minority and much of it is encompassed by number 3 above - but enough so it is worthy of mention and consideration. It's the husbands that are smoking a lot, the ladies who just can't stay away from the cardio. This is what everyone focuses on and beats themselves up for but it's really been minimal most of the time. Many of our opposites have been in this subset of people though so it is worthy of mention.

Hubs smokes, drinks, on drugs, BMX biker, steroid abuse, etc
    Wife can't stand diet, wants to exercise, does not like weight, goes on diet, vegan, etc
    No one is getting much sleep/night shift
    Still breastfeeding, too close a gap between babies (I find blue swayers often want to TTC very very soon after their last conception)
    Chinese herbs or other dubious "supplements" like Fertile CM, arginine, tribulus, that may actually sway pink, either directly or inadvertently by preventing conception so long that people end up either gaining gobs of weight or giving up on diet.
    Pregnicare or other prenatals with really high levels of some nutrients
    Still doing high sodium intake
    Still doing BSF/BSD
    No calcium intake for months (this seems to coincide with the people who are taking forever to conceive, unfortunately)
    Lesbian couples or those who need to conceive with at home IUI (5/5 girls, 3 of which are failed blue sways)
    Excessive weight gain (underweight women please gain no more than 10-15 lbs, normal weight gain 3-5, others gain 1-3 or even nothing if you are already overweight)
    No exercise (I think this one is fairly important as I see this in a lot of sway opposites)

I am not here to force anyone to do anything at all. People want to do these things, or have to, I am generally like "but I don't want you to" and they go ahead anyway. That is ok. Your sway, your way. I am not your boss, I am not the font of all earthly knowledge. All I can give you guys is the things I"ve observed for 8 years, including achieving successful sways for gals who had opposites with "old school" tactics, successful sways for people with 4 and 5 girls already, successful sways 3 times in a row, people who had successful sways for boys, then turned around and had success for pink, etc. It is all in line with the studies and "how we got our girls/boys" threads. It is in line with my own personal experience. Some people don't want to do that and that is ok. Your choice. I want everyone to post a sway and I don't want to play the game where we all tear each other apart.

5)Things we may actually have wrong. I do not believe that our sway tactics are on the wrong track. If they were, they would not coincide with what studies are finding and biological reality, they would not mesh up exactly with what IS working for pink swayers, they would not mesh with all the things that got us moms-of-many-boys, our many boys, and they would not have given great results for 2011-2014 and then given bad results in 2015 changing nothing whatsoever. But here are a few things that I have wondered if we have right. In brief:

EPO and high dose fish oil (I have already changed this in the Custom Plans giving much lower doses to most people)

Whole grain vs. white (but most blue swayers are eating very few grains because they are fattening so I find this highly implausible)

The BD pattern. This we did change (not really a change, but more of an emphasis) about the time we started getting worse results, but it makes very little sense that this would be swaying pink, since at the same time we changed the pink tactics to emulate the opposite of what we thought should sway blue, and our results went through the roof when we did. If one attempt is swaying so strongly and consistently pink, it really stretches belief that one attempt also sways blue. If in doubt, please have your husband just release on his own or with you, with a condom, every 2-4 days instead of actually having unprotected sex. I seriously, seriously doubt this is causing pink opposites because this is exactly the type of intercourse those of us who have all boys have (myself included) but if you are concerned, I guess this is something to change.

Probiotics. Maybe? I really think they sway blue, but maybe??

Preseed. Maybe again?? Some studies indicate sperm do worse in Preseed than in natural CM, but again we were doing this when our success rates were high.

Guanefesin. I guess? Hard to believe, and most blue swayers skip it anyway.

Coq10: pffff....leave it out if you like.

Things like arginine and carnitine for DH...most people aren't using them anyway. They raise T levels, can't imagine they possibly sway pink.

Anything we AREN'T using - like maca, tribulus, RJBP, etc - I got 4 boys without any of them as did everyone who TTC before 10-20 years ago, so it strains belief that they are somehow mandatory for getting a boy.

Maybe less than 12 weeks on diet?? But the problem is we were getting good results 2011-2014 without that, and that you'll end up gaining tons of weight if you do. Maybe something that some want to play around with, but be sure you're exercising.

All these things are miniscule. They're so tiny. They're nothing in the grand scheme. These are not the kinds of things that make or break sways. I got my boys without any of them. I just can't wrap my brain around a 180 degree turnaround in a year, based on any of these things. Smoking a hookah makes or breaks a sway. Being on antidepressants for 7 years makes or breaks a sway. Not taking maca does not. I will say again, I think our blue sway tactics are the best of the best, I think they're excelsior LOL, and I fully believe in them. Whatever is happening I believe to be a confluence of bad luck and the fertility factor and a handful of sways that were less than ideal (when you only have 20 people swaying, if 3 or 4 or 5 of them are not doing things quite right this adds up.)

Sooo....awaiting questions.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 12th, 2016 at 08:46 PM.

8. Likes Pink Pony, Katie.Z liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. I think there is misinterpreting going on and that is fine, not sure it's me, also fine. Being straight to it has a downside that when met with someone who is also straight to it, that it ends up ~seeming~ to be a conflict when it really is not so I'll just leave it at that.

I am simply explaining why I was responding in such a way as to differentiate my response from a personal attack on baby's sway, when in fact i was simply responding to XX's. I was not concerned with anyone other than baby's feelings there.

I was glad to have the opening to discuss the Oreo factor LOL. Glad to have it. Junk food still has tons and tons of nutrients in it.

All failed swayers are self-directed. That's how it goes. You're plagued with "coulda, woulda, shoulda" but 9 times out of ten, it's just bad luck, the other 9 times out of 10 it's something totally out of your control. I am just trying to express that the reason why I do things the way I do is largely out of a desire to see blue sways succeed instead of people just tossing up their hands and saying "that's it, I have no chance, may as well kill myself" NO, YOU DO have a chance. You can control what you can control. Let go of the rest. It's good advice for all swayers.

There is no extra edge from the herbs. There is messed up cycles and possibly higher chances of pink. One of the "compliance" related issues IS the herbs. So I'm not trying to be on the defensive regarding them, I'm trying to explain, after they were brought up, why it is that I do not recommend them. They prevent conception and mess with people's sways hugely.

10. Likes Pink Pony liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Preseed for me has given me two girls. I didnt use too little, or too much. i found a sweet spot, and despite it conceived girls. Honestly on clomid i had LOADS of egg white fluid which is weird because it does tend to dry lots of other women up..so im going to say that maybe pre seed does sway more pink than some would like to admit. that should be considered.

Blue does work for upping fertility, i was pregnant the first month i ovulated even if it was the second month of trying.

I think my comment of a body being 'at war' with its natural 'habitat' so to speak is what causes blue OR pink swayers to suddenly stop getting pregnant as fast as maybe they had before. My hormones were regulated, perfect cycles etc...but i was so thin as well that despite the prenatals (and yes i was on those from june 2014 until NOW even, i never stopped taking them) but i am also a 'girl mom' at this point. I dont feel shame in saying that, i still think it sucks but...if im in blue condition it seems to take me longer to get pregnant. Could that be the PCOS? possibly.

the other things that should be looked at more IMO is sugars and insulin...you already have a good lead on that but i swear when i wasnt pregnant and TTC my DD3 i had so many tests done. My fasting glucose was literally at 99, and they would not even give me a 'high normal' they just gave me a normal though the cut off between abnormal and not in a non pregnant fasting woman is 100. I was borderline gestational diabetic with my first pregnancy, i was gestational diabetic in my last 2 pregnancies, and because i still have a blood kit i can tell you i already sit above the 120 after 2 hours after eating with THIS baby...and im only 14.5 Weeks. I am sure eating blue though the foods WERE rich in nutrients did not help me as i gained weight, increasing that insulin resistance, etc.

However that sucks, because i was aware of that before i started the blue sway and i swear i mentioned it as a possibility of needing scewed in my plan to make sure high sugars didnt lead me into girl territory. However when you read what i have written its hard to not suspect that has always been my issue.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let's talk about blue sways.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Ok. I think there is misinterpreting going on and that is fine, not sure it's me, also fine. Being straight to it has a downside that when met with someone who is also straight to it, that it ends up ~seeming~ to be a conflict when it really is not so I'll just leave it at that.

I am simply explaining why I was responding in such a way as to differentiate my response from a personal attack on baby's sway, when in fact i was simply responding to XX's. I was not concerned with anyone other than baby's feelings there.
    I just want to reiterate that I did not reference anyone in my original post. I was simply speaking in generalities. If you read my post, I mention how empathetic I am to all of the opposites.

I'm done posting about this.

DS1, DS2, DS3
    One last pink sway in 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay I do want to stress though it could be taken offensively that in order to further push your blue sways as close to superior as you can get... to say 4-5-6 whatever people are skewing the results and it's not the sway itself...idk. 'Maybe there is something I did that caused the sway to fail but also it's just as well your sway wasn't a perfect fit for whatever it is that prevents me from making boys. Using myself as a reference...

I was going through my diary of ttc my third and I ate baked potatoes constantly, had meat by itself with onion cause I was craving it during my conception cycle etc.. I was pretty boy friendly with diet even then. Was on orenatals for 7 months before conceiving, I snacked on cereal even if I didn't eat it as often as I did on the actual HE diet.. However still pretty lazy despite being active with my job as a nurse. Lots of walking, running and lifting.. and all the stuff I have already mentioned. I could believe maybe I just have a lot of bad luck I guess but regardless even if I was more crazy about blue foods this time I still ate pretty Boyish before. In my case HE didn't work. Maybe the problem here is you are needing to personalize plans more to fit individuals instead of a group lump sum. While for a majority maybe all they need to do is eat more and more of the right things but what about the women who already live a pretty boy friendly diet life style, maybe not so much the excersise..who still get lots of girls? I think that factor needs explored and tailored and m the future

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast