Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let's talk about blue sways.

UPDATED 12-23-17

Our blue sways are getting much better results for 2017, back up to the range of 2011-2014 . We dropped EPO, wheatgrass supplements, and milk replacers from our sways but since we used all those things 2011-2014 and got good results then, I really truly honestly believe the sole difference is that we had a larger sample size this year. So the people who had complicating factors in their sways THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SWAYING such as health or fertility issues, medication, etc were mitigated by the people who did not.

The last 2 years (2015-2016) our blue sway results were worse than the previous years despite the fact that we changed nothing. (Please note, we had better than 50-50 success rates every year) I'm opening the floor to talk about why that is and I'm going to move some posts that were unfortunately posted in a person's sway post before I realized where they were at. UPDATE our results for 2017 are back up and is at present (Dec. 23 of 2017) 70%.

From 2011-2014 we got great results for blue doing nothing any different than we are doing right now (between 65-80%). At the same time we had terrible results for pink, changed some stuff with pink and our success rates went up and up (and we are using that info for our blue swayers too). We had people getting boys after 4 and 5 girls, people getting boys after failed IG sways, and people getting 2 and 3 boys in a row. We have changed nothing for blue because we did not have to, our results were great for 3 years straight. I believe STRONGLY that we are completely on the right track and this is largely an unfortunate and temporary side effect from having so few blue swayers.

If we do have some people (as I do believe) who are more set for one or the other, it can really skew the stats even if they are swaying hugely...like I always say, if you guys go from 80% to 50 or 60% likely to have the same gender you've been having all along, that is still a huge sway but still means that our overall results may still be 50-50 range and that is OK. This may manifest itself with some of our blue swayers taking ages to get pregnant for no apparent reason, which seems to be associated with more girls conceived despite great blue sways.

I really, really, really hesitate to "go here" because I hate this line of thought but the truth is that at least SOME of our blue swayers (particularly in 2015) did not have that good of sways. Again, if we had more people this would get lost in the shuffle (as it has in 2017 where our results are back up where they were in 2011-2014) but with only a handful of people it can affect the outcomes. This does not mean you guys shouldn't sway (as an example, if your husband won't quit smoking, which is the main thing). You are still going to have way better chances than if you do nothing any different. I am going to keep researching and trying to figure out something to change but as it sits right now, I believe in what we're doing and I think it works even if people have gotten more opposites than I like to see the last few months.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; December 23rd, 2017 at 11:51 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks bre_cooper11 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This was a post that someone put up in another thread. Was not written by me but I will post a response to it.

Atomic will throw in her 2 cents at some point in all the opposite sways lately. Pink seems to be getting hit hard too in a way which she says everything is weird cause they got great results for many years and nothing has changed plan wise so at the moment nobody knows why blue swayers are taking forever to get pregnant and ending up with girls or why pink swayers are walking by their DH and getting pregnant but with boys. Who knows what is going on I am hoping someone figures it out though...

Baby you know I am here for you and you are not alone.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a response to the above post that again, I did not write. I respond to this below.

I totally did not know this, I looked at the we swayed pink in 2016 and I thought it looked pretty ok, think there were 40 odd girls and 20 boys? Is it maybe there are alot more people swaying and that is adding more natural variability into the mix? Maybe is is something to do with the number of attempts, maybe for blue people are having too much sex and sperm count is dropping and conception is reduced, hence why it is taking longer and they are getting girls. Maybe with the pink swayers, has there been a move towards e4d's or even e3d's and maybe that is leading to enough time for sperm to recover but also giving two attempts in fertile window, increasing the chances of conception, which means that pink swayers are getting pregnant quicker but also giving two attempts in fertile window which maybe resulting in more boys? Very interesting x

5. Thanks Skyblue thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My response to the above post:

There is some misunderstanding here because pink is getting great results (spectacular really and I'm very pleased with them). I think that there is some confusion because in 2011 and 2012 we had HORRIBLE results for pink and great ones for blue. Then we changed things for pink, but not for blue (and a lot of the stuff we changed was actually BASED on our results with blue - we started avoiding things that were working for blue, meaning that more than ever, it makes no sense that our blue sway tactics are somehow swaying pink!!!!)

Long story short - pink used to be disappointing (still better than 50-50 tho), blue used to be great. We changed things for pink based in part on what we learned from blue. Changed nothing for blue. It makes literally no sense that the results for blue would then drop unless they were "lucky high" to begin with. But if they were, then WHY would pink results have improved based on things we learned from blue sways? It simply doesn't add up to me and thus I search for an alternate explanation. (humbly, trying to offend no one)

Guys, I hope that the last 5 years has proven to you all that if I EVER in my wildest thoughts and imaginings thought that anything I was recommending was causing people to get sway opposites I would IMMEDIATELY change to accomodate that. The reason I recommend what I do for blue is because I think it works, full stop. Something else is going on here and I believe it comes back to the fertility factor.

RE the sperm count idea - the vast majority of the blue swayers have not been able to do the 3 attempts anyway so that cannot be a factor.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Then, there was this thread.

Thanks for your input atomic, I cant comment over years only the last few months which I have watched and on my dd board where all the boy swayers (only 3) upto now are having girls. I cant comment on other peoples sways, but I can assure you on mine there is nothing more we could have done. I followed a personalised sway in 2013 but in all honestly I did not stick to it 100%, I still drank and had caffine. I also missed breakfast most days, as I was bust and we didn't always keep up with the 2/4 day releases. Also only one attempt in the fertile window. So although it was gutting, it was no huge surprise that was my 3rd girl. However this time we 100% complied. I cannot even list all the things we done. So while I agree some boy swayers may not have complied 100% I know several that have and have still got oppostites. Of course I agree results are not as impressive as fewer swayers can skew the results, but on my board theres a 0% success rate. Of course I realise its not your fault in any way shape of form, its just very disheartening.

I am confused by what you are saying in the last post. So do you believe that some people are 80% likely to have the one gender?? its not going to help me, its obviously too late and with 4 girls I will not be having anymore children full stop but it still intregues me.

8. Thanks Skyblue thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That was in no way directed at you. It is not my intent to try and upset anyone, I am just telling it as I see it which is that for some people there are things going on that are skewing the stats. One of those things among many others is a handful of people who had less than ideal compliance. It is one of many things that I believe made our success rates lower than they were in the previous years.

I see a lot in the personalized plans that people are not advertising on the site proper so despite what is written in the forums, I know some stuff about some sways that gives me a basis for saying that. I am not naming names or mentioning who/what, I have no clue who is in what due date group, or who did what when where why and how, I'm just saying some of the opposites that I have seen this last year are in people who did not do things in the way that I would have had them do. Same with pink swayers. In pink sways this gets swallowed up because we have 200 people, but when we have only 20 people involved, if 5 couples don't follow through, then we start off at a huge disadvantage with sway results.

While I do know absolutely totally and completely that it is absolutely possible to get an opposite with a great sway. I have never said otherwise and in fact I have been very vocal about it. All I can tell you is that we have not done anything any different and the results were worse.

I am really not trying to quibble or argue, this was brought up by someone (not me). I had to respond to it. I am also fine with you guys blaming me for failed sways. I am just trying to be upfront about what I think is going on here, because it does not make sense that we could be getting 75-80% success for years and then change nothing and then have poor results. (Especially given that pink swaying based on the same set of principles is working.)

I apologize for anyone I have upset or who will invariably BE upset by reading this. I am just trying to answer the questions that come before me to the best of my ability. I am not and never will blame anyone for a failed sway and I always want you guys to be free to pick and choose the sway tactics that are working for you. BUT when an analysis is forced upon me (NOT MY CHOICE BTW) I am going to do that honestly, and when I have people who are doing things that I have point blank told them not to, and then they get an opposite, sorry but that does kinda need to go into my overall analysis. If I didn't take that into consideration then I would not be doing you guys justice really.

The fact is, I think swaying on HE Diet works. We had the stats from 2011-2014, our pink stats, countless studies, the "how we got our boys/girls" threads, and tons of people in the Custom Sway forums (many of whom do not post their sways here in the public forums) all of it adding up to show that it does. We have people who got boys after 4 and 5 girls, we have people who swayed 3 times and got boys all three times, we have people who had sway opposites with the old-school sway tactics have successful blue sways with HE. We even had a person who successfully swayed blue, then turned around and successfully swayed pink. It is all too much to just be "luck". Nothing that has happened in the last year has made me doubt this one iota or lose faith in it at all.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 11th, 2016 at 02:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, my heart goes out to those whose blue sway did not work . There is nothing I can say except I'm so sorry.

I too have wondered why the blue sways are giving opposites lately! I'm wondering if there is a "sweet spot" so to speak like we've found with the pink sways. For pink, it seems the hardcore, throw the kitchen sink at it sways fail while the more laid back pink sways give the most baby girls.

I'm wondering if those that gain too much weight on the HE diet are possibly putting themselves into more of a pink friendly zone or not having enough attempts are having an effect. Maybe the calorie recommendations are too high. Maybe 1500-1900 calories would be more doable. This can easily be done, even with grazing all day. Also, what about BDing EOD? Maybe this would be more easily manageable for those DH that can't do the other patterns.

Again, I know this subject is a little raw for some people, and the last thing I want to do by offering some possible suggestions, is to upset anyone. I have been on these boards for a while now, and I just wanted to share some thoughts I've had about this. It just breaks my heart...sorry...I just wish everyone could get their desired gender.

DS1, DS2, DS3
    One last pink sway in 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

11. Likes Pink Pony, Faithinpink liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also a reply to the above thread.

RE 80% - there seems to be a theoretical upper limit with the success of sways. We saw this in our blue sways for a while there with certain sway tactics, and now in our pink sways with certain sway tactics. No matter what, we just don't ever seem to see anything better than 80% ever. So I theoretically imagine this to be maybe a "set" upper level for some of us where we may be coming into trying to conceive with a bar set that high. Do I KNOW this, no, and it is actually not a real number, it's just where I imagine the upper ceiling of swaying to be set. It's different for everyone anyway - maybe one person it's 60% or someone else it's 90% - it's just an IDEA, not a real number.

I use that number for illustrating how it is totally possible for people to have a successful sway, and still end up 50% likely to have a boy or a girl and then not have it go their way. If a couple is coming in very set for Gender A, and ends up equally likely to conceive Gender B, that is still an improvement.

When I TTC my 4th and especially my 5th I just wanted the same 50-50 shot everyone else had because I knew after 20 years and 3 and then 4 boys I wasn't coming into it with a 50-50 chance. So that number is just meant to represent an idea that some of us are more set for boys or girls, and we can still have a great sway and maybe only GET to 50-50, or 40-60, or 30-70, and then have our luck fail us. It's even possible to go 80-20 one way, end up 80-20 the OTHER way, and still get an opposite. It doesn't mean that you didn't sway and it doesn't mean that swaying doesn't work, just that it's not a guarantee.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    XX - I agree gaining too much is something that concerns me as well especially with the people who don't choose to exercise. But, lower limits of HE Diet are only 1800 cals (1500 is not enough since many pink swayers are losing O at that level) and I put into every plan not to gain more than 10-15 lbs for those underweight, 3-5 for most, even gaining no weight for many. Something I am already doing and not something we can change - it's already like that.

DTD every other day doesn't work. Many of the hubbies can't go that much and that is why I do not and will not ever recommend that as a blanket recommendation.

That sounds sort of defensive, not my intent at all, trying to explain that issue 1 is ALREADY recommended that way and issue 2 I have serious reasons based on observing lots of sways, to not do that.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 11th, 2016 at 04:03 PM.

14. Likes XXforhubby, Pink Pony, Faithinpink liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One more and then I'll await questions on any issue.

The boy sway rates on here have been heartbreaking and faith-shaking.

I do not want ANYONE to sway based on our sway stats. As I've said again and again, our stats are barely better than "for entertainment only". The reason you should sway is because it MAKES SENSE. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...hts-stats.html The reason I came up with all this stuff is because the old school sway stuff wasn't working and the science was pointing in a different direction. IT wasn't because I had a bunch of women lab rats hidden in my garage doing this diet and getting a certain result. It was because based on studies and human/mammal biology, it made sense.

If it makes sense to you based on that, I think that's the way you should sway, stats be damned. If it makes more sense that people only get boys because they drink baking soda juice and eat iceberg lettuce and hamburger (despite the fact that none of us with all boys ever did either of those things) then do that. But the idea that anyone should use the stats on any site over the biology of the human body is a mistake. Because I can tell you, I can eliminate nearly all the sway opposites if I did things the way they do on "the other site" and refuse to post people who didn't sway "properly". We could be sitting at 80% right now because there is always something people didn't do "properly" to single out. Stats on Internet Websites are meaningless, what matters is biological reality and what we are doing with our blue sways, I believe in that with my whole heart and soul. If you doubt it, just go read the "how we got our boys and how we got our girls threads".

I don't care about being "right", I don't care about money (I make barely anything from blue sways, quite frankly, and I'd happily give that up for better results this past year if I could), I do this because I want you guys to get your DG. That is my ONLY motivation is that I want people to get their DG safely and sanely.

I am going to talk about some things we can maybe tweak in the future, but I really, really do not think this is anything other than bad luck, the fertility factor, and a few people whose husbands smoke a lot.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 11th, 2016 at 07:48 PM.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast