Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    totally understandable! Indian culture here. Did you get your boy With the diet?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mummum View Post
    totally understandable! Indian culture here. Did you get your boy With the diet?
    Which poster are you asking about, and I can tell you if I know. Sometimes people move on after they've answered a thread but I can tell the outcomes of any sways I know of.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My understanding of the post is that if one is TTC with a minimum of 12 months of a prior child's birth it usually sways pink?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RocknRoll86 View Post
    My understanding of the post is that if one is TTC with a minimum of 12 months of a prior child's birth it usually sways pink?
    We believe it SWAYS pink, but the way you phrase "it usually sways pink" means I think I better explain a little more here.

The thing that is very likely actually swaying is maternal condition and overall fertility (which depends on your condition). Being in somewhat better condition (due to good nutrition, muscle mass, enough sleep, etc) tends to sway blue, and being in slightly worse condition tends to sway pink. But the catch is that anyone in actually bad, or even slightly bad condition reduced their fertility so far they cannot get pregnant at all, and it's very easy to drop into bad enough (in other words, you don't need to be feeling run down, tired, weak, or very sick to be in low enough condition to not conceive.) It happens quite frequently and usually you feel perfectly fine when it happens. You would not think you are in bad condition or having reduced fertility, in many if not most cases, you'd feel normal and your cycle would still be normal. This can happen, for example, when you're breastfeeding and just after you had a baby as well, even if you are in overall good health. And additionally breastfeeding and postpartum hormones suppress fertility too, regardless of what kind of condition you're in, because that is nature's method of birth control to ensure you don't have too many babies at the same time.

So what can happen postpartum is that most people can't get pregnant anyway, and these are the people in the "worst" condition with the most suppressed fertility. Anyone who CAN get pregnant in that first year, with a boy or a girl, is by default already in pretty good condition. Many people can't get pregnant at all till 6-12 months or even longer if breastfeeding. So of the group that gets pregnant, yes, close child spacing does sway pink we believe because it equates to lower condition and the hormones of postpartum and lactation gently suppress fertiity, but a whole lot of those people are in really good condition, and their fertility already can't be suppressed much for them to be able to get pregnant.

Long story short this means that even though close child spacing does sway pink, and I urge blue swayers to wait at minimum 12 and more likely 18 months to TTC after having a baby, it does NOT mean that all or most babies are going to be girls who are conceived this close together, because most of the people who are even ABLE to have a baby at all are going to be in the "good condition, very fertile" category or else they wouldn't be getting pregnant to start with!

It's one of those things that sways, but like everything in swaying, is not a guarantee or even easy to see in the general population.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

i didnt know where to ask my question so i ask here.
    my ovulation used to be day 14 or 15. it became 16,17 after some years and now is moved even further to 20-21. when its too late ultrasound also shows that my uterine lining is thick.

Is there anything I can do to make ovulation to happen sooner in my cycle? like day 15-16?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rahaye_raha View Post
    Hi Atomic,

i didnt know where to ask my question so i ask here.
    my ovulation used to be day 14 or 15. it became 16,17 after some years and now is moved even further to 20-21. when its too late ultrasound also shows that my uterine lining is thick.

Is there anything I can do to make ovulation to happen sooner in my cycle? like day 15-16?
    Do you know how to start a new thread?? Open up the forum you want to post in (this is the part everyone misses - you don't open a thread, you need to open the forum itself) and then you'll see the new thread option. I will answer here because the question is here, but this really has nothing to do with what this thread is about and I would prefer you start a new thread in the future, thanks!

Did you gain weight or start eating more carbohydrates before this happened? Have you ever been tested for PCOS?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    We believe it SWAYS pink, but the way you phrase "it usually sways pink" means I think I better explain a little more here.

The thing that is very likely actually swaying is maternal condition and overall fertility (which depends on your condition). Being in somewhat better condition (due to good nutrition, muscle mass, enough sleep, etc) tends to sway blue, and being in slightly worse condition tends to sway pink. But the catch is that anyone in actually bad, or even slightly bad condition reduced their fertility so far they cannot get pregnant at all, and it's very easy to drop into bad enough (in other words, you don't need to be feeling run down, tired, weak, or very sick to be in low enough condition to not conceive.) It happens quite frequently and usually you feel perfectly fine when it happens. You would not think you are in bad condition or having reduced fertility, in many if not most cases, you'd feel normal and your cycle would still be normal. This can happen, for example, when you're breastfeeding and just after you had a baby as well, even if you are in overall good health. And additionally breastfeeding and postpartum hormones suppress fertility too, regardless of what kind of condition you're in, because that is nature's method of birth control to ensure you don't have too many babies at the same time.

So what can happen postpartum is that most people can't get pregnant anyway, and these are the people in the "worst" condition with the most suppressed fertility. Anyone who CAN get pregnant in that first year, with a boy or a girl, is by default already in pretty good condition. Many people can't get pregnant at all till 6-12 months or even longer if breastfeeding. So of the group that gets pregnant, yes, close child spacing does sway pink we believe because it equates to lower condition and the hormones of postpartum and lactation gently suppress fertiity, but a whole lot of those people are in really good condition, and their fertility already can't be suppressed much for them to be able to get pregnant.

Long story short this means that even though close child spacing does sway pink, and I urge blue swayers to wait at minimum 12 and more likely 18 months to TTC after having a baby, it does NOT mean that all or most babies are going to be girls who are conceived this close together, because most of the people who are even ABLE to have a baby at all are going to be in the "good condition, very fertile" category or else they wouldn't be getting pregnant to start with!

It's one of those things that sways, but like everything in swaying, is not a guarantee or even easy to see in the general population.
    Thank you for your response Atomic.

I found the following site which also sheds light on this issue: https://amotherfarfromhome.com/why-h...u-might-think/

It is also interesting that this lady had a number of boys closely together.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is super interesting! I'm hitting the age where all my friends and sister in-laws are having babies, so my son has seven fellow babies all born within six months of him (and who we're in close touch with--my husband is one of 12 so we have allll the cousins).

I've been forming all kinds of theories. In that group, three are girls, and four are boys. And all the boys have been super easy as far as sleeping/eating--they all nursed super well, slept through the night and in their own beds early on, and were generally more independent/happy to kinda hang. All of the girls have co-slept, were fussy, two had issues with breastfeeding, and they ALL have been babies that constantly wanted to be held. So all the girl parents were a lot more stressed early on, but now as our babies are moving into toddlerhood, the girls seem to be getting easier, while the boys are getting crazier (with the exception of my one niece who is rather violent and crazy).

Most of the girls weren't walking at a year (and now that they're about 18 months two still are pretty cautious), whereas most of the boys are running around like crazy, getting into things. We were thinking about conceiving this autumn, but now that our boy is really starting to get into that terrible two phase, we've decided to wait until spring, so that he's 3 and a few months before a second baby comes along, in the hopes that things will be easier on us!

Also, you'll be happy to know that the sway theory on this site really holds for all of my friends--those who have eaten high protein and high fat diets (with lots of veggies), had a bunch of sex, and exercised moderately all had boys, and my friends who were dieters, went on long walks/runs and didn't have sex as often all had girls. I also noticed that all the boy moms fell pregnant immediately, whereas all the girl moms took a few months to get pregnant.

Two of the girl moms want a close age gap (and are hoping for boys, though I don't think they'll sway--they're very much "god will give me what I get" sorts of people), and the third wasn't intending to have any children and accidentally fell pregnant with her daughter, so isn't planning to have anymore. All four boy moms are planning on 2-3 year age gaps, and all except for one hoped for daughters.

Anyway! Sorry for the essay, but I've been mulling on it for awhile and thought it was super interesting!
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021
    Trying for a daughter 2023

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, have you ever wondered if people who want boys tend to be more traditional/religious and therefore less likely to use birth control to space out children? More traditional people also may be more likely to have more girl-mom personalities by being willing to cede control of their lives to whichever God they happen to believe in. Just a thought!
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021
    Trying for a daughter 2023

12. Thanks MissRosycheeks thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lad View Post
    Also, have you ever wondered if people who want boys tend to be more traditional/religious and therefore less likely to use birth control to space out children? More traditional people also may be more likely to have more girl-mom personalities by being willing to cede control of their lives to whichever God they happen to believe in. Just a thought!
    This is an interesting theory although many of the people who have the very close child spacing were using birth control. Thank you for sharing, very thought provoking!!!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast