Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The more and more I read about swaying, the more I discover that there is in some cases a factor or a certain combination of factors that determine the sex and try as you might you cannot influence it. My first two are 18 months apart. I got pregnant first post partum egg, no period, while still breast feeding my dd ( 8 -9 months) with an underdiagnosised thyriod problem and very much over weight and no exercise. Everythung tells me that ds1 should have been a girl but alas. My first two girl and boy were conceived with multiple attempts in my fertile window, while ds2 was one attempt in my fertile window.

I did wonder atomic if swaying very soon after a baby is born might be similar to swaying after a miscarriage or loss and therefore more likely to sway pink? Maybe this is why alot of blue swayers are getting girls when they try to get pregnant so recently after having a baby?

I have noticed a few pink swayers wanting to try again and talking about trying again before current failed sway baby has arrived. But I thought this was maybe due to response to a failed sway and maybe for some that have a few of one gender already, feeling they are getting older and need to get on with having babies? Very interesting thread! X

2. Likes Jconger liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Only real health scare is just having kids close together also I worry about amniotic embolism however I worry bout that with all pregnancies. I have horrible anxiety about something happening to me and me leaving my kids.
    Also now they found a cyst in my uterus however I had already dtd before finding it. Being 29 it should only be a cyst and not cancer but if I'm not pregnant again I'd want to wait until next Dec to try again. But when discussing with my husband if after cyst is checked and good he'd want to try sooner than later. I'm also scared to get also other period becuz cyst made it terribly painful and bloody
    Dd12 dd 10 dd6 ds5 dd2 dd8mos
    Ttca brother for our boy

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlieplease View Post
    The more and more I read about swaying, the more I discover that there is in some cases a factor or a certain combination of factors that determine the sex and try as you might you cannot influence it. My first two are 18 months apart. I got pregnant first post partum egg, no period, while still breast feeding my dd ( 8 -9 months) with an underdiagnosised thyriod problem and very much over weight and no exercise. Everythung tells me that ds1 should have been a girl but alas. My first two girl and boy were conceived with multiple attempts in my fertile window, while ds2 was one attempt in my fertile window.

I did wonder atomic if swaying very soon after a baby is born might be similar to swaying after a miscarriage or loss and therefore more likely to sway pink? Maybe this is why alot of blue swayers are getting girls when they try to get pregnant so recently after having a baby?

I have noticed a few pink swayers wanting to try again and talking about trying again before current failed sway baby has arrived. But I thought this was maybe due to response to a failed sway and maybe for some that have a few of one gender already, feeling they are getting older and need to get on with having babies? Very interesting thread! X
    You can influence it. Of course. But just because you have influence, this does not translate to a 100% guarantee of gender. There is very very likely a luck element involved, and it's just how it goes. Even if you were able to get to 80% likely to have a girl or boy, you could still have bad luck and get an opposite, and people who are 80% likely the other way may get lucky and get their desired gender. And this doesn't even go into the notion that some things within us are just "set" and that we aren't able change, at least not straightforwardly.

So we can't just look at one thing, what so and so did or this or that and really KNOW anything. If this was easy to unravel those clever old wives would have figured it out a long time ago. It's like trying to figure out who will get cancer - we may know some things do tend to be associated with increased risk, but you can never extrapolate that down to one person.

Because of this, the trends are ALL. That is why, when I see a trend, it is reason to investigate.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and yes, I think it's all part and parcel of the same thing, that gentle suppression of fertility that comes after you have a baby or a loss. That's what I think the key is. We manipulate that via diet, exercise, supps, but also things like child spacing, nursing, and just your own natural biology may come into play.

Please understand, before the invariable question is asked, that I am NOT saying girl moms are infertile, or even LESS fertile as a general rule. I'm saying that they may have gotten pregnant in a month where their bodies were in some sort of process of engaging a "natural" birth control method that is not like taking a birth control pill, but something your body just does kind of gradually. Not only is it not terribly effective, but it's also very gradual, meaning it may take months to "engage" and there's back and forth/flux for instance if you ate less one month and more another, or whatever.

I did not really intend this to be one of those tangent, hypotheticall threads, I"m just curious why the blue swayers (some of them) have been so insistent on TTC within 12 months of having a baby, because it's not something that I personally comprehend.

7. Thanks nholtz87, Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes dancingdiva88 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't speak from any experience on this matter. My baby has never had a drop of formula, and yet my periods came back the month after my pp bleeding stopped (about 10 weeks pp). I breastfed exclusively for 6 months and now that my DD is 16 months old, I still bf twice a day. I am also 6 weeks pregnant with no. 2. We tried to sway blue as you'd know since we bought a plan, but our desired age gap (2 years) was determined before we knew that DD was a girl.

I did see this the other day though and thought it was interesting. It relates to breastfeeding, but talks about how girls tend to be breastfed for shorter durations than boys because they hypothesise that after a girl, mothers are hoping for their fertility to return more quickly so as to be able to try for a son. I was an exception, but from what I've read, breastfeeding typically delays ovulation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22148132

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I find this interesting. The few people I know that have kids back to back, meaning conceiving within a few months of giving birth, have all had the opposite gender. Usually girl first, boy second.
    18 15 11
    Wishing and praying for just one more baby FX for a

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes Burakoam liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by No.2SomethingBlue:) View Post
    I can't speak from any experience on this matter. My baby has never had a drop of formula, and yet my periods came back the month after my pp bleeding stopped (about 10 weeks pp). I breastfed exclusively for 6 months and now that my DD is 16 months old, I still bf twice a day. I am also 6 weeks pregnant with no. 2. We tried to sway blue as you'd know since we bought a plan, but our desired age gap (2 years) was determined before we knew that DD was a girl.

I did see this the other day though and thought it was interesting. It relates to breastfeeding, but talks about how girls tend to be breastfed for shorter durations than boys because they hypothesise that after a girl, mothers are hoping for their fertility to return more quickly so as to be able to try for a son. I was an exception, but from what I've read, breastfeeding typically delays ovulation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22148132
    Thank you!! Just so everyone knows that data was from India where that is more of a thing than here, but then again I wonder if there is more going on here hence my question.

No2SB why exactly did you guys decide on 2 years?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Annnnnd I just got bfp lol
    Ttca brother for our boy

14. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You ALWAYS have a chance of a boy or a girl. For all we know this may be God/the universe's way of helping you have the ideal sway for YOU. Sending tons of blue dust your way!!!

16. Thanks nholtz87 thanked for this post
    Likes Mommy2apples liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Idc what baby is at this point. I'm more concerned at what they found in my uterus before ovulation. But I'm giving it all to God
    Thank u. Blue or pink I just want healthy
    Ttca brother for our boy

18. Likes purple sky, atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast