Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD in 2010
    a successful Boy sway at 2015

Swaying for another boy

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting business!! I had massive surgery with stage 3 endi removed, d & c, tubal dye flush and ovarian drilling. Fell pregnant 10 days later, had a chemical then two weeks later fell with my DD too. Maybe I had a double whammy pink sway with the loss that sways pink too.
    DD Feb 2016
    DS Dec 2017 Thank you atomic and gender dreaming. My sway worked!

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 28 and my DH is 30, we are swaying blue. 1. To have our kids out and gone by our early 50s and 2. If we don't get a boy, still have time to go again for a 3rd child and get a boy.
    Also yes to the pressure. The sooner I have a boy the less stressed I (and hubby) will feel to "provide" the family with a son to continue the surname line and inherit all these family heirloom things. My DH is very much on board TTC (always keeps his bits cool, hasn't touched alcohol in months, is trying to eat better - even spinach...never thought I'd see the day!)
    DD Feb 2016
    DS Dec 2017 Thank you atomic and gender dreaming. My sway worked!

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a really interesting phenomenon. Here I am super glad I made it to DD2 being 2 and 1/2 before we start getting serious about swaying this spring. I think the kinda obsession is a big factor for me. I started researching how to conceive a boy when my youngest was about 3 or 4 months old. I do think that for me it helped me deal with the gender disappointment and at least focus my energy into something positive.

7. Thanks business.woman thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by coralsky View Post
    Oh well, just a thought. I hope you find one or more actual reasons (as opposed to irrelevant ones like mine! Lol.) I will follow with interest.
    Hope you and yours are all good (Suzie looks so grown up these days!) xxx
    No, not at all, I think that was a very clever take and hadn't occurred to me to think about. I really appreciate it!

Thank you!!! She is not a baby any more that's for sure!!...sniff!!...
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes coralsky liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by business.woman View Post
    I am wondering about something else ,
    Does TTC after surgery sway pink?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it probably does, but without side by side studies it's so few people who've fallen pregnant right after surgery that I can't say 100% for sure. I DO know that anything that is taxing to your body will suppress your fertility a bit.

11. Thanks business.woman thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel in the minority too, as a Pink Swayer wanting to get pregnant very quickly after this baby is born.

My reason is this ; I was 35 when I conceived, and will be 36 when I have him.
    I would love a big family, and time is of the essence.
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mrs Sparkles I'm the same-swaying pink before 1 year post partum. I had my second son in December 2016 and will be ttc from October this year. I am 36 turning 37 in July and really want to be done by 38.
    My hubby is onboard and this is definitely our last as he only wanted 1! Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSparkles View Post
    I feel in the minority too, as a Pink Swayer wanting to get pregnant very quickly after this baby is born.

My reason is this ; I was 35 when I conceived, and will be 36 when I have him.
    I would love a big family, and time is of the essence.
    Proud Mum to two gorgeous boys
    2014 2016
    Swayed expecting beautiful DS3 due Feb 2019
    Dreaming of a in 2020

14. Likes atomic sagebrush, MrsSparkles liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to give an example because I think at least one person who commented in this thread was implying I was making this observation up:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/intr...ming-blue.html

I get threads, plans, or personal messages like this at least 2 dozen times a year from blue swayers and practically NEVER from those wanting pink. Plus I have way fewer blue swayers so it sticks out like a sore thumb.

There is something here, something that I don't understand and that I am seeking to understand. You don't have to believe it, I believe it, and I want to understand whatever it is going on in people's heads so I can better help you guys to successfully sway. Whenever I notice a strong trend like this, I want to know more.

I would love more input on this if anyone has any thoughts.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; February 24th, 2017 at 12:06 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quoting myself here because a lot of times when I bump a post people don't go back and reread the earlier threads so just in case anyone had questions about what the deal with this thread is:

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The average spacing between American babies is 2-3 years apart, 30 months to pin it down to the month, so the data is on my side regardless of what someone's pediatrician says. In the UK it's even longer at 36-41 months on average. in a study of 51 other countries the average was 32 months.

It is NOT common to TTC when a baby is 4 months old and yet this is something I am seeing again and again amongst my blue swayers. In fact we just had several newbies show up since the start of the year who were TTC with very tiny babies. It's unusual. Not something I see IRL or among pink swayers as a general rule. Hence, my question. The purpose of my question was not "I have a theory and I am in search of data to prove it correct." The purpose of my question is, "this seems to be happening again and again and so I am curious about what the reasoning is."

I will reiterate that I have some pretty serious, well thought out and important reasons why I think you guys should wait past 12 months to TTC if you want a boy. Yes, some people can still conceive boys close together, and I have never said otherwise. I believe it is due to maternal condition and improved fertility enabling a majority of women who are in the best condition and the most fertile to be able to get pregnant again. Many of us are not even seeing our periods return till at least 9-12-18 months, and so people who are able to ovulate and conceive sooner than this, are by default, in better condition and/or eating better than women whose cycles are not coming back that soon. We are also seeing a very, very strong trend where women who are inexplicably taking months/years to get pregnant (reduced fertility) are having girls even with otherwise great blue sways. Reduced fertility probably sways pink. Do I have a study proving this, not yet. But based on the data that I have seen, it's shaking out that way.

Since it's probable that better condition and higher fertility sway blue, we cannot view child spacing thru the same sort of cause and effect lens that we do other sway tactics. Blue Irish Twins do NOT debunk the idea. Women who are able to ovulate and get pregnant within X number of months are NOT a randomly selected sample of the population as a whole. They may be coming in more set for blue, and if something (like close child spacing) takes a person who is 80% likely to have a boy, to 60% likely to have a boy, that is a huge pink sway but would still yield more boys. And then if a person who was coming in at 50-50 did that exact same thing, they'd possibly drop their odds from 50-50 b/g to 30% likely to have a boy.

What we are trying to do here is OPTIMIZE odds of success. You may not personally want optimal odds of success and you may personally have the luxury of TTC many times without any real consequences of that. Other people are not so lucky and are in a position of having ONE chance at another baby. Other people are even less lucky and are in a position where they will probably have to have an abortion if they get pregnant with a girl. Sorry, straight talk here, but entirely true. We have people here from around the world including some women who are in pretty extreme situations and MUST have a boy.

Ladies, I cannot stress it to you strongly enough, that with 9 years of experience on these two boards and 46 years of experience on the Planet Earth the majority of which has been immersed in baby-related bizness (first my mom's pregnancies and then my own), with every fiber of my being, if you want the BEST chance at a boy, you should wait between kiddos. Disregard if you would like, and I will still be happy to help you have the best sway you can, but I do not and will not ever think you are giving yourself the best chance at a boy.

This question was not intended to be about swaying. It wasn't meant to be an opportunity for people to sound off on why I'm completely wrong on the subject and then for me to have to derail the entire thing going off on it. It was meant because when I see a trend, I want to know why that trend is happening. I NEVER forget that we are a self-selected group of people on here, but I am still pretty capable of spotting a trend when I see one, and that is a definite trend. The reason why I ask these type of questions is not to prove swaying true, it is to enable me to help you guys to have better sways. If you have sway questions or want to debate about swaying, let's do that in a DIFFERENT thread if you don't mind.

Now, I would still love to hear from people about why they wanted to have their kids really close together. It's very helpful to me to be able to understand people's reasoning choosing particular things vs. the other. I really appreciate the effort that people put into answering these kind of largely hypothetical and personal questions.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast