Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BEST timing method for a boy? And breastfeeding question

Hi! I just had a few questions for Atomic and anyone else who can chime in! I purchased the timing and frequency book, but I don't think it mentioned what you thought the best timing method was? There are several methods to choose from, so I was wondering what you thought was the BEST method in terms of timing and frequency? And as far as DH doing regular release up until ovulation...do you recommend he release inside of me? Or should he pull out until we get closer to ovulation? And how long do you recommend waiting to sway once once stops breastfeeding? Thank you in advance!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Obviously I am not atomic but I think that regular (but not daily!) unprotected sex is the best thing for blue. I'm not sure about breastfeeding, although I conceived my DS2 while breastfeeding. How old is your youngest?
    K 2012 C 2014 Baby C Nov 2017

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Foxtrot! We currently have two boys and 1 girl and would like to actually sway (as we didn't sway at all for the last three) for another boy and another girl in the future. My youngest is only one month old, so we will not be swaying until she's close to if not atleast a year old! My last three babies are all 17 months apart. Ironically, we conceived our boys using regular sex and 3-5 attempts at positive OPK and had no idea this was a blue sway tactic until I saw this site! Makes sense now! We conceived our girl the same way, but with her I lost a TON of weight before conceiving her and had literally just come off breastfeeding.
    and

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that regular unprotected BD every 2-4 days in the early part of the cycle and and then 3-5 attempts in the fertile window is best for blue. But I know a lot of people don't want to do that because it's not in line with Shettles timing. Totally up to you. I do think that exposure to the hormones in his semen does both improve your fertility and also helps sway blue, but if you believe in timing you'd skip that part.

The important thing is to be in with more than one attempt around ovulation. We got 60% boys with PINK sways with 3 attempts in the fertile window, and one attempt has been very successful for pink. So don't stick with one attempt in fertile window O-3 through O day if you can at all help it.

I like you guys to give it 12-18 months between kiddos if you can, I'd breastfeed as long as you like and then TTC when you're ready. There's no right or wrong here and I don't want anyone to stop nursing for your sway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mal68912 View Post
    Thanks Foxtrot! We currently have two boys and 1 girl and would like to actually sway (as we didn't sway at all for the last three) for another boy and another girl in the future. My youngest is only one month old, so we will not be swaying until she's close to if not atleast a year old! My last three babies are all 17 months apart. Ironically, we conceived our boys using regular sex and 3-5 attempts at positive OPK and had no idea this was a blue sway tactic until I saw this site! Makes sense now! We conceived our girl the same way, but with her I lost a TON of weight before conceiving her and had literally just come off breastfeeding.
    Interesting thank you so very much for sharing your experience!!!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic - Yeah, I just found it ironic how we conceived two boys unknowingly using your suggested methods! Which is so funny, because it's not at all what I had heard from friends on how to conceive a boy, which is why I assumed we were having girls because we weren't doing "Shettles Timing", but the multiple attempts during ovulation obviously gave us boys anyway! Plus the unprotected intercourse before our fertile window. So interesting! And there's a few people around us who tried shettles timing for a boy and actually got the opposite! So this site is very interesting and makes a lot of sense in my opinion.
    and

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Atomic!! Appreciate your help.
    and

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know (roughly) 700 people IRL who tried Shettles for a boy and it NEVER worked. Some people even went to the doctor and had him/her tell them what day O was and they still got girls.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Very interesting!
    and

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post