Thread: Supplements💙

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Supplements💙

Hello there!
    I am going to start trying for a boy in January and I'm doing some prep research. Can I get some feedback on these supplements? Any you would take out or add? I have 3 girls, and irregular periods. I still haven't started my period since I'm currently Breastfeesing. I won't take these until my baby is weaned, so hopefully I'll be back on some sort of cycle. Any input would be so appreciated. Thanks!

For me:
    Prenatal vitamins or women's one a day
    Vitamins E, D1000 ius, and B12/B6... amounts?
    Lutein
    Beta carotene
    Lycopene
    Folic acid 2000mcg
    Enfamil lipil DHA
    Evening primrose oil and Fish oil 1000mg
    Coq10 50-100 mg until BFP
    Now foods acidophilus 2 billion (or some kind of probiotic)
    Amazing grass organic wheat grass tablets (2x daily) month before
    ALA
    (Af-o) : pycogsnol
    Tribulus
    Maca root powder
    Flaxseed?

Phew! That's more than I realized!

For my husbands supplements:
    Men one a day over 50+
    Qunol mega CoQ10 ubiquinol 100 mg
    Fish oil 1000mg EPO 1000 mg
    L-Arginine 500-1000 mg
    Carnitine 100 mg
    Royal Jelly
    Zinc 20 mg
    Pycogenol
    FertilAid
    Ginseng 500 mg ??

so, what do you think?? 😅

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please don't take all that. The Women's One a Day already has all the Vit. E, B6, B12, and beta carotene you need. More is not better, and taking too much has the potential to mess up your cycle so badly it could even sway pink.

Things like lutein, lycopene, pycogenol, ALA may help, but then again we honestly don't KNOW that for a fact and if there was some mystery side effect that swayed pink, that would suck. I have seen .0001% of people take any of these things let alone all together and I have no feel for how they sway.

You do not need both Enfamil AND fish oil. I feel that we are taking too much of these things (wonder if they are making opposites, since they do lwoer cholesterol which makes testosterone and estrogen) and so I would have you do only

I have given up EPO and flaxseed for all except a handful of people who are doing Atkins style diet or a few other things. I suspect they are making opposites. Skip. Also do not take flaxseed during pregnancy as it may cause premature labor and possibly birth defects.

Coq10 and acidophilus just what I like to see

Maca - conflicting info about how it sways and some people experienced weird side effects while taking it. I'd skip or use no more than 2-3 times per week, not daily

Tribulus - not a fan. highly conflicting info about how it sways, and biologically I wonder if it could even sway pink. Also can really really mess up your cycle. I have never liked or used this and we got good results without it.

Wheatgrass - Again, this is something I suspect may be making opposites. Wheatgrass JUICE is ok 2-3 times per week but I feel like the people who took the most wheatgrass supps got the most opposites.

HUbby:

Men's One a day, ubiquinol, arginine, carnitiine

Hubbies NEVER take EPO, please do not give him this

Let's do fish oil every other day instead of daily for him (don't want to lower his cholesterol)

Fertilaid has much of what you're already using to begin with. Please do not double up on this. I would completely skip this as it is very $$ and you are already gettting virtually everything in there. He will OD on some stuff which actually is harmful to sperm

Do NOT give him more zinc in addition to what is in Men's One a Day. This can add up to toxic levels and may sway pink.

Pycogenol ok for him, have seen several get boys while hubby taking that so at least I can say it's not swaying pink.

Not a fan of royal jelly as it does nothing to help (you've already covered all the stuff in the RJ with his other supps) and can cause fatal allergic reactions both now and in the future (even if he's stopped taking it) Plus mixed info on how it may sway

I don't like Ginseng. I know it has a reputation, but it inhibits cell division (which may be why it helps with cancer prevention) and since sperm is a rapidly dividing bunch of cells, I do not trust anyone taking it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes MiaMelb liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please don't take all that. The Women's One a Day already has all the Vit. E, B6, B12, and beta carotene you need. More is not better, and taking too much has the potential to mess up your cycle so badly it could even sway pink.

Things like lutein, lycopene, pycogenol, ALA may help, but then again we honestly don't KNOW that for a fact and if there was some mystery side effect that swayed pink, that would suck. I have seen .0001% of people take any of these things let alone all together and I have no feel for how they sway.

You do not need both Enfamil AND fish oil. I feel that we are taking too much of these things (wonder if they are making opposites, since they do lwoer cholesterol which makes testosterone and estrogen) and so I would have you do only

I have given up EPO and flaxseed for all except a handful of people who are doing Atkins style diet or a few other things. I suspect they are making opposites. Skip. Also do not take flaxseed during pregnancy as it may cause premature labor and possibly birth defects.

Coq10 and acidophilus just what I like to see

Maca - conflicting info about how it sways and some people experienced weird side effects while taking it. I'd skip or use no more than 2-3 times per week, not daily

Tribulus - not a fan. highly conflicting info about how it sways, and biologically I wonder if it could even sway pink. Also can really really mess up your cycle. I have never liked or used this and we got good results without it.

Wheatgrass - Again, this is something I suspect may be making opposites. Wheatgrass JUICE is ok 2-3 times per week but I feel like the people who took the most wheatgrass supps got the most opposites.

HUbby:

Men's One a day, ubiquinol, arginine, carnitiine

Hubbies NEVER take EPO, please do not give him this

Let's do fish oil every other day instead of daily for him (don't want to lower his cholesterol)

Fertilaid has much of what you're already using to begin with. Please do not double up on this. I would completely skip this as it is very $$ and you are already gettting virtually everything in there. He will OD on some stuff which actually is harmful to sperm

Do NOT give him more zinc in addition to what is in Men's One a Day. This can add up to toxic levels and may sway pink.

Pycogenol ok for him, have seen several get boys while hubby taking that so at least I can say it's not swaying pink.

Not a fan of royal jelly as it does nothing to help (you've already covered all the stuff in the RJ with his other supps) and can cause fatal allergic reactions both now and in the future (even if he's stopped taking it) Plus mixed info on how it may sway

I don't like Ginseng. I know it has a reputation, but it inhibits cell division (which may be why it helps with cancer prevention) and since sperm is a rapidly dividing bunch of cells, I do not trust anyone taking it.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for simplifying this for me. I've been doing research off of essays and some of them date back to 2012, so I was thinking things probably have changed. So just to clarify, should I go with the enfamil or fish oil? And how about the vit D 1000 iu's, am I good to go with that? Thank you so much Atomic

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am now thinking Enfamil is best simply because it's hard to find fish oil in that low a dose.

If you do the Women's One a Day it already has the 1000 IU Vit D in it, and hubby's has 700 (which is really close enough) so I'd just roll with those.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good! Thank you. How far in advance should my husband and I start taking these? I'm still nursing and haven't even started my period yet since having my baby- she's 10 months now- but I was hoping to ttc in November.. assuming my body is ready and I'm no longer nursing. Are these safe for breastfeeding moms or should I wait?

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The things I mentioned are all safe when breastfeeding but MANY of the things you were planning to take, are not.