Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused What is wrong with blue swayers??

Hi

I randomly checked 2 threads in due date sub forum for ladies who are due for sep/Oct/Nov2017 and Dec2017/Jan/feb2018

All the blue swayers as indexed on first page are either getting opposites or they are team green. Not a single successful sway so far.

Here I am!! Worried again
    Two beautiful
    Swayed Blue

My sway worked
    Samish TTC Boy Sway

Thank you God, Thank you GD <3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've noticed this too. It's very difficult as a blue swayer as there is so few of us, many of who are also very private and not very active in the forums. Many of those in the due date groups who have posted sways seem to have done great jobs, many close to textbook and still it has not gone their way. In addition I have not seen the "swayed blue in 2017 and are having" thread updated recently and that seems to be the only place where we can see the results of some of the more quiet blue swayers. It makes me momentarily doubt the science of swaying, however, I know the pink sway results look amazing so having so many blue sway opposites must just be coincidence. I guess even with a great blue sway we many only be able to shift the odds to 65-35.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m with you ladies! I was just telling my DH how most women I read about on this forum are swaying pink, or so it seams. Ive seen the “we are due” threads and its hard not to immediately feel discouraged. I’m really giving this sway my all so far, although I just begun and will prob not attempt until January, Feb or even March. Let’s try to stay focused and positive, and all we can do it give it our very best shot. I sometimes think if I chicken out and never sway, will I always look back and think what if, or will my burning desire for a son just fade away with time.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you ladies do textbook girl things (unknowingly) when conceiving your girls? I’m just curious. For me, DD 1 was one attempt, and DD 2 was a surprise and in hind site we used pullout method with DD2. So although my diet has always been very blue friendly I think this really swayed for me. Also DH was a smoker unfortunately, but has recently quit. Anyway, I absolutely adore my girls (I feel like I must insert this here now lol) but adding a boy to our family would be a dream come true.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is coincidence too..no sway is a guarantee, and there's bound to b a wave of successful blue sways soon am sure you ladies will get your boys, regardless of swaying, the odds are in the numbers...they're likely to be in your favour
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Odds of 65/35 sound about right. I'm a blue sway fail for February, but excited to have a third girl. In hindsight I wish I would have considered the possibility that this baby could be a girl. I just *knew* it was a boy due to my 180 difference between when I conceived my girls and this pregnancy but nope! My only advice is know swaying isn't anywhere close to 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks Katie.Z thanked for this post
    Likes Mommy2apples liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Katie, am the textbook girl mom in many respects...
    Little meat, exercise mostly cardio, low fertility (my 2 first girls were conceived with Clomid), carbs and sweets to fill me up rather than protein...
    Dtd around O but not super regular outside of fertile days.

This time it was a true , like Kat, 180 degree change..
    HE diet followed rather closely so massive increase in nutrients, animal fats, dairy etc etc
    We got pregnant after only 3 cycles (but BFP cycle was the one where we truly did try, really try) when it took 18-22 months to get pregnant with our two first.
    My only flaw, sway wise, was exercise..I just couldn't fit in weights between work, two young kids' etc.

No sway is ever a guarantee, it certainly increases odds, but even if odds are better than without swaying, it may only be marginally so...
    Like Kat, I wish I had prepared myself more for this to be our third girl rather than being so utterly sure it 'could only Be a boy,surely with all we had done'
    In no way do I regret her, and her sisters are super excited....She was just meant to be and can't wait to meet her
    Last edited by LMSM; October 3rd, 2017 at 11:10 PM.
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

9. Thanks Katie.Z thanked for this post
    Likes Mommy2apples liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    Katie, am the textbook girl mom in many respects...
    Little meat, exercise mostly cardio, low fertility (my 2 first girls were conceived with Clomid), carbs and sweets to fill me up rather than protein...
    Dtd around O but not super regular outside of fertile days.

This time it was a true , like Kat, 180 degree change..
    HE diet followed rather closely so massive increase in nutrients, animal fats, dairy etc etc
    We got pregnant after only 3 cycles (but BFP cycle was the one where we truly did try, really try) when it took 18-22 months to get pregnant with our two first.
    My only flaw, sway wise, was exercise..I just couldn't fit in weights between work, two young kids' etc.

No sway is ever a guarantee, it certainly increases odds, but even if odds are better than without swaying, it may only be marginally so...
    Like Kat, I wish I had prepared myself more for this to be our third girl rather than being so utterly sure it 'could only Be a boy,surely with all we had done'
    In no way do I regret her, and her sisters are super excited....She was just meant to be and can't wait to meet her
    I just wanted to say I have two boys, I've only ever done very light cardio - used to swim once a week if that - NEVER done weights - I really wouldn't see that as a flaw in your sway. Sounds like you did a great job and like you say, you can only ever tip the odds x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies im not sure about the boy diet as obviously having 6 boys i done the girl sway but thought id tell you about my lifestyle before swaying for a girl incase it helps...so i always had a good breakfast exercised about 3 to 4 times a week mostly running or bodypump weight classes, was taking protein drinks and eating lots of chicken, only drinking water and some energy drinks and lots of vitamins..my hubby done pretty much the same diet and lots of weights. we dtd nearly every day...fx for all of you xxx
    21 18 13 7 4 and our ht 10 months...

Swaying and praying for our

Our sway worked baby girl joining our blue gang in November

12. Thanks Katie.Z thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha, we had a bit of a shitstorm around this time last year for a similar reason. It ALMOST makes me go, "Well shoot, IS it a seasonal thing?" but we have a ton of Aussie swayers, too.

BUT -- I can't not believe the science behind it. I got my DD doing literally 98% of girl sway tactics unknowingly, so it's hard not to look at swaying seriously. I do always hesitate to note the one study that said those taking longer to conceive actually got more boys [Worth Waiting For? | Science | AAAS(which, when taken with swaying, might be that higher fertility isn't getting boys -- it's that women actively working to get fertile might be the key; getting pregnant despite harsh conditions implies the higher fertility). I know the original study is out there since I've read it, since this article extrapolates with some disproven data on Y sperm.

I only mention this because it's the only potential blip I find in the swaying methodology here, but it doesn't detract from the core of "more calories, more of certain foods, etc." leads to more boys, which we have the studies to support. That and I do still think men have more influence than we'd hope on here, but there's only so much many of us can do about that.

But I say all of this as me just being as objective as possible. I believe it works, and I believe this site has the most scientific basis for swaying than any other site.

Statistically, because there are so few boy swayers on here, our ratios are always going to be skewed. If you only have three people swaying and one gets an opposite, for example, it's not going to seem great

BUT as the general conception rate is around 51 boys to 49 girls among the general population, anything above that is going to imply we are doing SOMETHING. And I don't think the rate per year has ever dipped below 60% here, I think? It IS interesting to notice how much higher the girl rate is, but if only imo because I think it's we just have such a higher sample pool. Though that higher sample pool indicates more accurate results, making the girl swaying on here REALLY good. And since I was following all of it myself, again, I think there's got to be something to all of this.

ETA: Current blue success rate this year is a little over 64%. Sure, it's not the 70+ percent from years past, but it's also still definitely a majority -- nearly 2/3 people are getting their boys. I might do a total tally for all documented boy sways, since I'm not sure if we have an overall success rate anywhere.
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; October 4th, 2017 at 10:41 AM.

14. Thanks Katie.Z thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast