Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Our DTD pattern - any chance for blue?

I have been taking supplements but wasn’t planning on attempting this month as conceiving now would mean a December baby (summer as we in Southern Hemisphere).

Anyway we usually DTD unprotected till about day 8 as I usually ovulate around day 14.

So this month we did it cycle day 5, cycle day 7, cycle day 10 (whoopsie) and then I got what I think was a positive OPK on night of cycle day 13! (Never happens). DH was away so we landed up doing it cycle day 14 (night) and cycle day 15 (night). The smilie disappeared by cycle day 14 (morning) so technically I’m girl territory

I’m so screwed right? Either I conceived 0-4 (girl) or 0+12 (girl).

Feeling so annoyed with myself!

Hope anyone.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe most people ovulate around 36 hours AFTER the first positive opk so if thats the case I would think your attempt on cycle day 14 would have been O-1 but I'm sure people will correct me if I'm wrong. I know Shettles has been debunked and there is an essay by atomic on here somewhere about the reasons why so maybe hunt it out and have a read. Also if you are worried about the one attempt all my boys are from one attempt only, I know this as we don't bd very often
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing doesn't work. It does not sway at all and most of us on here have several opposites to prove it, myself included. Plus, O+12 is garbage junk that really does not work at all and was based on a study with a sample size of 33 people, two of which got girls with that timing, supposedly. TWO PEOPLE! please don't get hung up on fearing O+12. The full case against timing is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

Are you pregnant, or just worried about being pregnant? There is slim chance you conceived from an attempt on CD 10 and pos OPK on CD 13. O-4 has something like 1 in 1000 chances of conception. It's really unusual and most of the people who think they conceived with that timing ovulated earlier than they thought.

You can't tell when you will ovulate based on when the smiley goes away. You will ovulate an average of 24-36 hours after the first positive OPK. Average means that some people will even ovulate later than that...48 or even 72 hours beyond. So you possibly had 2 attempts in the fertile window (which is better for blue than just one) in addition to having Shettles timing if that is important to you. No matter what, you always have a chance of a boy!

Good luck and blue dust!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ