Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Protein and carbs

I've been reading that it's best to have protein and carbs at every meal, is that correct?

Would that be like
    steak, veg and mashed potato
    Spaghetti ( meat and pasta)
    bacon and egg roll
    hamburger
    chicken breast with pasta and mushroom
    beef mince with potato or rice and vegies
    chicken breast omelet

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are all good !!
    i always have a hard time to figure it out so I hope others post some ideas too lol

Just to add if I have no time or have to hurry I eat some fruit with nuts. Or a PB&J sandwich . (we have this Peter Pan crunchy PB full with peanut peaces ) sometimes i put banana in it too
    Last edited by Flava; November 10th, 2011 at 10:59 AM.
    +1

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes! i use eggs too. eggs plus meat and then oatmeal as my carb, banana and beef jerky for snakc, lunch beef/chkn salad, and a bowl of weetabix to fill me up, banana and nuts/raisins, pineapple juice (a carb) and some lunch meat, salad andm eat for dinner with a baked potato, then banana and bacon or nuts for bedtime snack.

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LBAM I would say yes to all those options with the exception of the chick breast omelet (unless you have fruit or potato along with it.).

Carbs are breads, fruit, veg, sweets, starches, pasta, potatoes, rice. Proteins include meat, eggs, dairy (always use full fat dairy or almond or coconut milk to TTC blue)

Foods like beans and nuts are actually a really good option because they are BOTH protein and carbs. So you could eat a 1/4 cup of almonds for a snack and kill two birds with one stone, or a bean burrito for lunch or even just a scoop of refried beans with avocado and salsa. There are also proteins present in grains, but sometimes they are not as good as the protein in meat, so it can be best to combine them with another source of protein...example, breakfast cereal with full fat milk/almond milk/coconut milk.

One thing to consider if you find yourself unable to eat so much food is that your juice intake actually counts as carbs. So rather than feeling like you have to choke down steak, veg, and potato, plus your juice, you can just go for a steak with a glass of pineapple juice and know that you have had your protein + carbs.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I find it really hard to keep up my calorie intake so I eat a wide variety of nuts after or with every meal - even that is hard I feel like a bird! lol
    Mother of 2 beautiful girls
    Expecting a baby boy in September! Thank you Gender Dreaming!