Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sora, I just finished reading your thread. Very interesting. Cool, that you have a swaying doctor behind you. May I ask what his role in the sway is? Does he take blood and tell you about mineral levels? Does he give you suggestions on what to eat? what does he say about exercise/lifting weights?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aira22 View Post
    Sora, I just finished reading your thread. Very interesting. Cool, that you have a swaying doctor behind you. May I ask what his role in the sway is? Does he take blood and tell you about mineral levels? Does he give you suggestions on what to eat? what does he say about exercise/lifting weights?
    I haven't been able to get another appointement with the doctor since I lacked time and money. He is the one behind all recent books and updates on French Gender Diet. Yes, we spoke about minerals level, you know French Gender Diet believes calcium sways pink and potassium sways blue. Although he really insisted on NOT banishing calcium altogether. He just wants blue swayers to get it from other sources than dairy and substitutes (rice, almond milk etc...) since there were failed sways both in people still keeping up with their dairy intake and/or using substitutes a lot. He said that the only thing I had to do was simply raise my potassium levels above calcium/magnesium. He doesn't take blood to see mineral levels anymore because it doesn't tell much about the overall changes the body is undergoing.

Also he doesn't recommend potassium or cal/mag supps anymore to any swayer since it's never as effective as slowly getting them through diet. He compared taking these supps to trying to fill a bottle of water by dumping a full bucket over it -> a bit of water will still end up inside the bottle, sure, but most of the bucket's content will end up on the floor.

We didn't talk about exercises but did talk about the possibility of some medical conditions such as PCOS and some medical treatments (Clomid or other things) interfering with the sway. But there's not enough studies about it to be sure. He just asks people to stop the BC pill as soon as they start the diet and have their DHs use condoms instead until everyone is ready to TTC. And to wait another month before TTC if you recently had to take medicine of some sorts. Of course people who need everyday medical care for serious health conditions will have to try anyway while taking their meds and pray it doesn't sway opposite.

Also he doesn't believe in timing either. But we didn't talk about frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by aira22 View Post
    My cycle is about 26 days. I think I'll ovulate on CD12 but I'm not sure, that's why I need a training cycle to practice OPKs and temping. I also have to make a supps plan bc I noticed I forget to take them or can't remember if I took them already lol
    Okay, well, yes, it normally should be CD12. So the OPK+ should appear at the very least the afternoon before. I've got a 31 days cycle, O-day falls on CD17 and I've had OPK+ appear on CD16 without fail (started the OPK from CD10 to be sure).
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh yeah. I made the mistake of starting to use opk on cd 14, not realizing that shorter cycles make for earlier ovulation usually 🤦🏼*♀️ So I missed it completely this month. We weren't ttc this month anyway but I wanted to get a good idea of O day .

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't worry tkelly, you're not the only one to have made that kind of mistake

It's because docs, scientists, websites, studies (whatever) only mention the average 28 days cycle with O-day on CD14 ! The end result is a lot of people believe O-day is always on CD14 whatever the cycle lenght... The only thing true is that the cycle does end 14 days after O. But O itself can happen anywhere from, let's say, CD8 to CD20 !
    Last edited by Sora; June 12th, 2018 at 11:28 AM.

Dreaming of a

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually didnt even have my tests yet anyway, so it didnt matter :-p next month ill be on top of it

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the attitude ! You go girl ! I'm sure it will all work fine !

Dreaming of a

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm doing OPKs now at 6pm, from tomorrow on I want to do them twice a day (11am and 6pm) to be really sure when LH surge starts and ends. CD10 today.
    Also my Proboiotics arrived and I feel quite prepared Tomorrow I'll go big shopping for nuts, juices, lemons, meat, eggs, ... carrying home all that stuff will be my weight training for tomorrow.

How long are your cycles tkelly and sora? Did you bulk buy food and ration it to have an overview what to eat daily?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My cycle is 31 days. It's CD1 today for me. Will test OPK again around CD17.

I've ordered One A Day Woman online, finally found one that shipped to my country ! I should be ok too with sups now. Already taking some vit D. As for food, I'm going by the day. I just keep in mind that I should have meat twice a day. I'm not much of a nuts lover except for chestnuts so going with that only. I buy lot of juices though. My doc told me I should drink at the very least 3 full glasses of them everyday. I buy only 100% fruit juices too. That reminds me though that I will soon have to buy whole grain cereals again...

Dreaming of a

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah.. so this is your TTC cycle already or are you waiting another cycle?

Today morning I felt so confident about all the things I'm going to do, and now I read a thousand more things I probably should add to the sway. is anyone using brewers yeast?
    Also I was out at the playground with the girls today and when we came home I strait went to the toilet and forgot to take a sample for my OPK so it is still a challenge to think of everything... I already set an alarm for the next days.
    Sora, are you going with the chestnuts just because you like them or are they good for the sway in particular? And the juices, by mentioning 100% fruit, do you mean smoothies?
    I'm drinking lemon water as well as fruit juice (from the box... may switch to freshly squeezed but its so expensive) and green/black tea and thinking of ACV drink as well, wondering about gelatine, maybe wheatgrass shot 1-2x/week...let's not forget water. lol, too much drinking!! Still need to figure out amounts here!

I'm also thinking of adding fast food/convenience foods to my diet lol bc it has salt and meat. probably not the best quality but it is something I usually don't do. For sure my kids would love it. I just feel, I need to change habits... And I don't seem to have gained weight till now (on and off HE for 1 year, more strictly for 4 weeks now). Any thoughts on that?

And I started a weekly pilates class now! woohoo! I know, once a week is not much, but better than nothing right? I am just soooo lazy when it comes to sports. I mean, I already get a lot of exercise through my everyday life with the kids and household and stuff. I just can't get myself motivated for youtube videos

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora View Post
    Don't worry tkelly, you're not the only one to have made that kind of mistake

It's because docs, scientists, websites, studies (whatever) only mention the average 28 days cycle with O-day on CD14 ! The end result is a lot of people believe O-day is always on CD14 whatever the cycle lenght... The only thing true is that the cycle does end 14 days after O. But O itself can happen anywhere from, let's say, CD8 to CD20 !
    A cycle can end anywhere from 15 days and sooner after ovulation, FYI! A healthy luteal phase is a anywhere from 11-15 days, and some would argue even 10 days can be fine.

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast