Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Would love advice or feedback on this BLUE SWAY for 1st child! *Long*

We plan to start TTC in August for our first child, both DH and I are 35. Would LOVE any feedback on the below plan.... Or advice in general! Thanks in advance

My diet is normally pretty boy friendly. I like meat and carbs and fruits & vegs (especially summer fruits & vegs!). I don’t love dairy but if I eat it - it’s always “real” or whole dairy. I try to keep meats and dairy organic and since I wasn’t raised on processed foods or fast food, it’s not a huge part of my diet.

BREAKFAST OPTIONS
    Granola bar usually - protein granola bars w 8g of protein
    Baked goods (starbucks pumpkin bread or homemade choc chip muffin or croissant)
    Fruit smoothie (banana, spinach, frozen berries + OJ) or fresh fruit (peach, strawberries)
    **I crave sweet stuff in the morning! I hate eggs and I’m not a greek yogurt fan (I find it sour). I'm going to buy the honey nut Cheerios with protein. How mindful and strict should I be with pairing protein & carbs?**

MID MORNING SNACK OPTIONS
    Pollyo whole string cheese
    Handful of mixed nuts

LUNCH OPTIONS
    Chikfila spicy chicken sandwich or grilled chicken club <-- How much should they balance, would a chicken sandwich count as protein & carbs… or should I add small fries?
    Lamb gyro on pita bread <-- would the pita bread count as my carbs or would you add a pasta salad?
    Spinach/kale salad with meat & oil/vinegar dressing ← should i add a roll or crackers?
    Pork or brisket BBQ & macaroni and cheese
    Chipotle burrito bowl with meat, rice, cheese & guacamole
    Mini pizza with pesto sauce, cheese, mushrooms & pepperoni
    Peanut butter and jelly sandwich & minestrone soup
    Grilled cheese sandwich with bacon
    Jersey Mike’s Turkey kids size sub on wheat bread & Doritos

POST LUNCH SNACK OPTIONS
    Small bag of popcorn
    Small bag of potato chips
    Small bag of Annie’s organic goldfish or graham crackers

POST WORKOUT / PRE DINNER SNACK OPTIONS
    Bagel or english muffin w peanut butter (with banana if I have extras on hand)
    Crackers with Brie
    Pita chips with hummus
    Avocado toast
    Fresh mozzarella, tomato & basil

HOMEMADE DINNER OPTIONS
    Italian dishes with pasta, tomatoes, meat, cheese & garlic bread
    Grilled steaks, burgers or chicken & olive oil roasted potatoes & grilled corn on cob
    Mexican burritos, tacos or enchiladas with chicken or steak & spanish rice
    DH loves my homemade chicken n biscuits or chicken noodle soup
    Chicken or steak with veggies stir fry & rice

TAKEOUT DINNER OPTIONS
    Five guy patty melts (grilled cheese with a hamburger patty) & fries
    Pizza with extra cheese (i could legit eat pizza everyday, LOVE IT) & dip in ranch
    Meatball subs with extra cheese & side salad
    Chicken chimichanga & tortilla chips with spicy salsa and queso
    Buffalo chicken wings and carrots with ranch & fries
    Shrimp tempura sushi & edamame ← about every 3-4 wks, should i eliminate?

DESSERT OPTIONS
    Kit kats
    Dark chocolate covered almonds
    Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups (to die for!)
    Ice cream (usually chocolate, always ice cream not frozen treat!)
    Homemade berry crisp with vanilla ice cream
    Fresh berries topped with a lot of Redi Whip

BEVERAGE OPTIONS
    Daily nespresso latte (1 espresso shot + 8oz whole organic milk, no sugar)
    Filtered or bottled water w lemon slices
    Gatorade usually diluted with 25% water
    Starbucks Iced coffee with half & half - a few times a week, not daily
    Red Wine - maybe 3x a week but I can easily cut this out if I need to!
    Guinness - rare, if I go to a sporting event where they have only beer
    Whiskey or bourbon on rocks ← rare, reserved for super stressful day

RX MEDICINES
    Nature Throid 1/2 grain - daily for hypothyroid
    Advair - a few times a week for asthma, as needed
    Allegra - a few times a week for allergies, as needed

SUPPLEMENTS
    Prenatal vitamin - daily
    Probiotics - a few times a week when I remember
    Vitamin D - 2x per week (Dr. recommended bc my levels were low)
    B12 - daily (Dr. recommended bc my levels were low)
    Zinc - 2x per week (Dr. recommended bc my levels were low)
    Coq10 - daily b/c I heard it was good to take with prenatal - have not started this
    Vitamin E - heard it helped with fertility - have not started this - thoughts?
    Vitamin C - heard it helped with fertility - have not started this - thoughts?
    Would fertileaid or pregnitude sway blue or pink? I’m kind of on the fence about using them, but I would love to do whatever I can now to help my fertility.

EXERCISE
    I go to the gym 4-5 days a week
    30 minutes of walking at a brisk pace on a slight incline
    15-20 minutes of elliptical or stationary bike at lowest setting
    I never mess with weights but I am going to add some to this routine.

DTD
    DH and I are kinda like clockwork, at about 1x per week, probably bc right now we are “preventing”
    He's got low T so I hope the frequency doesn't intimidate him, I'm typically up for more BD than him
    My plan is that once we start TTC, whenever I get "peak fertility", we will BD that morning, that night & next morning
    My obgyn note that my uterus is tilted but always assure me it’s nothing to worry about, do you think it would affect our sway, should we focus on certain positions? Lol

HOBBIES/WORK
    I work in operations so I run a small distribution warehouse and work with all men. Some days are super stressful, other days are quiet as could be.
    I spend a lot of time outside work, running errands, cleaning & making to do lists.
    I don’t have a ton of hobbies or a super active social life right now sadly.
    Mostly, DH and I have been shopping & decorating our new house and trying to unwind from a busy few months of wedding, moving & travelling.

DH
    He has low T
    He also has acid reflux
    He's taking a mens multivitamin, and prilosec once every 3-4 months

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as you're eating fairly regularly you don't have to be super strict about pairing protein with carbs. YOu're mainly trying to keep your blood sugar from dropping, so think of it like that. You can keep your blood sugar up by eating regularly OR from eating protein + carbs and keeping them up longer after a meal. You just want that blood sugar up in normal range as much as you can out of the day.

Chicken sandwich def. counts as protein + carbs. no need to add fries onto that unless you want to.
    Pita counts as carbs
    if salad dressing has sugar in it that counts as carbs, otherwise add in a roll or croutons or nuts
    Fine to continue shrimp/edamame that often

Diet overall looks great!

I'd try to dial it back on the coffee in favor of tea if at all possible, evne if you just eliminate 1 coffee that may still help

While antihistamines are said to sway pink, they haven't worked anyway. I would not worry about them one bit

With exception of B12 and D which you were deficient in and SHOULD take as prescribed by doc, do not take any additional vitamins added onto whatever is in the prenatal or multivitamin you're taking. More is not better and may be harmful, esp. in the case of Vit. E which I am not a fan of. do not ever take more than 100% DRV of Vit. E, Zinc, C.

Yes do take probiotics and coq10, wean off coq10 at BFP by spacing doses furhter and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop them

Do not take fertile aid or pregnitude. Pregnitude for sure sways pink, Fertile aid very likely sways pink and has some stuff in it that IMO no one shoudl take when TTC (probably in microscopic amounts, but still). Fertile CM, supposedly sways blue BUT we got scads of opposites using it and it really messed up people's cycles and I do not recommend it.

Exercise frequency looks great, yes do add in some weights (you will need them eating that much! )

I'd like to see you guys go to 2x BD a week. Nothing to fear for DH, that's only 1 more time per week really and will def. fit in my every 2-4 day release pattern.

Most people will get "peak" in the middle of the day and so may want to BD that night, the next morning, then the following night (so two on the second day) but either way will work.

Tilted uterus doesn't sway. I have one and I have 4 sons. You may want to spend part of the time laying down after sex, on your tummy instead of your back, that's really helped!

Everything is looking spot on, and you are giving me a "boy mom" vibe from your eye for detail overall! you're right on target for a great blue sway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad I posted this even though I hesitate b/c it seemed really long and verbose - but you gave great answers, so now I know exactly what to skip on my sway and what to add in.

I'm glad you get the "boy mom vibe" - it has a much nicer ring to it than "uptight control freak" I've heard all my life, jk

I'm really hoping that a light sway (nothing to over the top or hardcore) will make TTC more interesting. And hopefully successful, above all else the BFP is what matters!

Thanks so much for your quick replies! How do you manage it with so many little ones to take care of? rock star!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes I have to wait on the long ones till days I have time to spare but I happened to have the time that day! Glad it was helpful.

My two older sons are actually adults now and my little ones are 10, 8, and almost 6 (sniff! gosh that's amazing!) So I have more time to work on the site than you might think! I'm always here to answer any questions you have!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ