Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need urgent advice on attempts and possible delayed ovulation

Hi all, I need some urgent advice. I am just about to go to bed and don’t know if we should BD tonight.
    I got a positive opk on cd15
    Our bd pattern was this
    1 x cd14
    1 x CD 15
    2 x CD16
    It is now CD 20 and for last few days I have been bloated, gassy and today and yesterday nauseas and dull ache and today I have seen some EWCM. I think I might be ovulating now or end of ovulating. I was using the advanced clearblue opks and read here that you can’t test twice a day with those ones as it gives an inaccurate reading. Should I have another attempt tonight and tomorrow morning and tomorrow night. Or would it be too late and possible only first attempt tonight might make it to the egg in time and mean only 1 attempt which sways pink? Or leave this month and then next month just use the pink standard clearblues which I know have worked for me in the past with my last two pregnancies?
    What would you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Aus; October 26th, 2018 at 08:07 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Aus I replied in your coaching forum and I'll post it here:

I would try to have a couple-three attempts.

It is fine if you prefer not to. I just always like to err on the side of having you guys in with attempt.

Even under best case scenarios (one attempt + an overall pink sway) we get girls about 66% of the time with one attempt. So it does sway pink, we believe, but it's by no way a magic bullet and one attempt + blue sway will be a lot less pink than that! So while it's always your choice to attempt or not, I don't treat a potential for one attempt as a total dealbreaker and it's likely you'd be able to get in 2 or 3. (not to mention you very well may ahve already ovualted anyway!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hey Aus I replied in your coaching forum and I'll post it here:

I would try to have a couple-three attempts.

It is fine if you prefer not to. I just always like to err on the side of having you guys in with attempt.

Even under best case scenarios (one attempt + an overall pink sway) we get girls about 66% of the time with one attempt. So it does sway pink, we believe, but it's by no way a magic bullet and one attempt + blue sway will be a lot less pink than that! So while it's always your choice to attempt or not, I don't treat a potential for one attempt as a total dealbreaker and it's likely you'd be able to get in 2 or 3. (not to mention you very well may ahve already ovualted anyway!
    This number of attempts thing can get quite stressful especially as we don’t know when we are ovulating and I am so paranoid that my last two daughters may have been one attempt. I know for sure we did 3 attempts plus some leading up to O with my second daughter but there is that paranoia now that it’s possible I may have ovulated much later and then only the last attempt may have counted.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just try to keep in mind that even the number of attempts is in no way a magic bullet. We'll aim at 3-5 but it is still possible to get a boy with just one attempt.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need urgent advice on attempts and possible delayed ovulation

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Just try to keep in mind that even the number of attempts is in no way a magic bullet. We'll aim at 3-5 but it is still possible to get a boy with just one attempt.
    Hi Atomic,
    I know but I can’t help it because i really believe that the number of attempts is the most important sway tactic. The majority of people I have met or read about got a girl from one attempt and a boy from many. I think the people who get boys from one attempt are more boy friendly ppl to begin with and are probably destined to mostly boys anyways.
    I’m just upset that I was using the advanced clearblues because I think they were not accurate and gave me the smiley face too early because I was testing twice a day with them (or I had delayed ovulation). Now if I get pregnant this month, I will never know and I am probably not going to have anymore kids to try this properly.

Last edited by Aus; October 27th, 2018 at 10:02 PM.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I so wish we had better technology for you guys. It just doesn't exist yet. The person who cracks the OPK code will be a bazillionaire!!