Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope things are going well for you, throwaway panther! I'll be thinking of you and rooting for you, whatever the outcome!

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. Husband has proceeded to go full on vegan. Also incredibly triggering from my eating disorder history, as he has become quite vocal with, "This food is bad" even after we've discussed how that language is... really triggering. Like he gaf...

So unfortunately, this will likely not be as passing a fad. And I can only imagine how his sperm will be with this, giving me little to no hope for a possible next try since I'm pretty convinced this sway failed. Fool of me to think I could get a boy with my husband, who has hurt me so bad over the years that I'm not sure why I stay anymore -- just a sign of how bad our relationship is that him going vegan makes me want to leave, haha. I think I would have been fine otherwise -- I had even said, "If this baby is a boy, you could literally eat only rice for the rest of my life and I wouldn't care." Oh well. And he won't even eat starches either -- literally is going "fruititarian."

Thanks all. Wish I had pulled the plug on this whole thing once I realized he was lying to me about what his urologist said about his sperm so many moons ago. Just wanted to give my DD a sibling, no matter what... now I'm suffering imaging two girls. Sigh.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    im so sorry he is like this TP i recently saw that the tattoo artist Kat Von D is having her 1st child, both her and her husband are full-on long-time militant vegans and baby is a boy, would vegan diet if done properly (as in healthy and balanced) harm your dh's sperm? i know there are issues but would veganism exacerbate them? im not asking to make you feel worse in any way its just it does seem a lot of vegans have boys, i always assumed it was maybe linked to all the supplements they take? ive noticed quite a few vegan pink swayers on here too.
    i so so so want this to be your little boy and fingers crossed dh gets this vegan thing out of his system quickly, lots of love to you xx
    now 6blue5pink

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Thank you. Husband has proceeded to go full on vegan. Also incredibly triggering from my eating disorder history, as he has become quite vocal with, "This food is bad" even after we've discussed how that language is... really triggering. Like he gaf...

So unfortunately, this will likely not be as passing a fad. And I can only imagine how his sperm will be with this, giving me little to no hope for a possible next try since I'm pretty convinced this sway failed. Fool of me to think I could get a boy with my husband, who has hurt me so bad over the years that I'm not sure why I stay anymore -- just a sign of how bad our relationship is that him going vegan makes me want to leave, haha. I think I would have been fine otherwise -- I had even said, "If this baby is a boy, you could literally eat only rice for the rest of my life and I wouldn't care." Oh well. And he won't even eat starches either -- literally is going "fruititarian."

Thanks all. Wish I had pulled the plug on this whole thing once I realized he was lying to me about what his urologist said about his sperm so many moons ago. Just wanted to give my DD a sibling, no matter what... now I'm suffering imaging two girls. Sigh.
    How did I miss this thread ????

Panther I'm sorry, I understand... Not that DH is smoking, drinking, biking or anything (and thank god, is not annoying me with this stuff since our relationship has not been that great lately)... But he can be pretty careless with his health when he wants to, has spend 6 years getting more and more obese and not seeing a doc for his breathing problems although it keeps him (and myself) from getting enough sleep. He's only working on it now, after much crying and pleading. I'll say, men can be SO selfish. Should be used to it but am still not.

Re:swaying, he is... cooperating at least. Especially for frequent BD of course (even though he grumbles I desire a son more than I desire DTD with him haha). But he doesn't believe in swaying, like, at all. But he has been coming around lately, with the pretty good results of the summer 2018 sway group. He even seems to regret our failure getting that BFP then.

I guess it's true that gender does not run in family. If it was so, we would be swaying girl as of now. DH has an all-boy family from all sides and mine is pretty balanced but with a bit more boys than girls. My paternal grandmother had to sway girl with whatever beliefs they had concerning swaying back in the 70s. Miraculously worked. That aunt got PP. Her son has only girls. Go figures.

I could say your DD will be happy with a sister but I really feel for you and understand the emptiness that would leave behind. No amount of love between my daughters can heal that wound although I'm glad they have each-other. And yeah, THAT, it feels like going against the whole world or something.

I agree with the other girls though, your husband could just be going through some kind of food phase. We should just bet on how long it will last, winner gets a pony
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    im so sorry he is like this TP i recently saw that the tattoo artist Kat Von D is having her 1st child, both her and her husband are full-on long-time militant vegans and baby is a boy, would vegan diet if done properly (as in healthy and balanced) harm your dh's sperm? i know there are issues but would veganism exacerbate them? im not asking to make you feel worse in any way its just it does seem a lot of vegans have boys, i always assumed it was maybe linked to all the supplements they take? ive noticed quite a few vegan pink swayers on here too.
    i so so so want this to be your little boy and fingers crossed dh gets this vegan thing out of his system quickly, lots of love to you xx
    Thank you, and I really appreciate everything you ever say to me <3 And you're right, I have had moments of even thinking, "Well shoot, maybe this will actually HELP his sperm? Go figure?"

The issue lies with the fact that it's not just vegan for him (there's no ethical thing going on here). He is essentially having a midlife crisis and has become obsessed with longevity and stopping ageing, and apparently low protein/low animal ingestion "disrupts your DNA" or some nonsense. Which, hey, his sperm had DNA issues, so maybe...

BUT, he is also very adamant about not counting calories and he's essentially starving himself. Which is VERY triggering to me, as well, let alone me worrying about his health. He read that testosterone is a big part of mortality and I seriously think he's trying to REDUCE his T... GAH.

Meanwhile, "moderate amounts of caffeine and alcohol are fine according to this ONE book I read on this stuff," so guess who's resumed his frequent drinks again? Sigh.

On good days, I think, "Well shit, if everything I did didn't matter this time, why the hell should it matter next." On bad days I think, 'Holy hell, I literally am living with a man now commenting how everything I've grown accustomed to eating healthily is 'bad.'" Wanting a boy has done wonders for my eating disorder, but that thing still has slipped back in even over the last few years -- I am already guarding myself against how I'll feel once baby is here.

Sorry for the ramble, and thank you all for your in put -- and I am so sorry for all of you who have dealt with the extra stress of a husband not contributing to the sway! It's just so hard for me now not to think, "THERE GO MORE Ys" everytime he turns down a piece of chicken for cauliflower steak, but enjoys his whiskey and talks about running while being sure to tell his recovered anorexic wife, "You can eat whatever you want... but animal protein IS really bad for longevity and ageing."

Ugh.

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Thank you, and I really appreciate everything you ever say to me <3 And you're right, I have had moments of even thinking, "Well shoot, maybe this will actually HELP his sperm? Go figure?"

The issue lies with the fact that it's not just vegan for him (there's no ethical thing going on here). He is essentially having a midlife crisis and has become obsessed with longevity and stopping ageing, and apparently low protein/low animal ingestion "disrupts your DNA" or some nonsense. Which, hey, his sperm had DNA issues, so maybe...

BUT, he is also very adamant about not counting calories and he's essentially starving himself. Which is VERY triggering to me, as well, let alone me worrying about his health. He read that testosterone is a big part of mortality and I seriously think he's trying to REDUCE his T... GAH.

Meanwhile, "moderate amounts of caffeine and alcohol are fine according to this ONE book I read on this stuff," so guess who's resumed his frequent drinks again? Sigh.

On good days, I think, "Well shit, if everything I did didn't matter this time, why the hell should it matter next." On bad days I think, 'Holy hell, I literally am living with a man now commenting how everything I've grown accustomed to eating healthily is 'bad.'" Wanting a boy has done wonders for my eating disorder, but that thing still has slipped back in even over the last few years -- I am already guarding myself against how I'll feel once baby is here.

Sorry for the ramble, and thank you all for your in put -- and I am so sorry for all of you who have dealt with the extra stress of a husband not contributing to the sway! It's just so hard for me now not to think, "THERE GO MORE Ys" everytime he turns down a piece of chicken for cauliflower steak, but enjoys his whiskey and talks about running while being sure to tell his recovered anorexic wife, "You can eat whatever you want... but animal protein IS really bad for longevity and ageing."

Ugh.
    Animal protein bad for longevity ? Ah that's rich ! After a decade of docs bothering us about fish and what the fad being good for exactly the same reason ? I would love to knowthen how countries which relies heavily on fishing end up having so much people aged 100 or more. And let's not talk about the inhabitants who are around his age and barely look 25.

For all we know, our longevity is written in the lenght of our telomeres. And of course, telomeres have no say in accidents or deadly infections. No amount of plants, alcoohol or coffee will change that.

If he fears aging, that's perfectly normal. But apart from doing some sports, there's nothing he can do. Disrupting DNA ? Yeah, right...

Jokes aside, just concentrate on your eating habits, for your son and for yourself. If he starves himself, he won't keep up. When he feels even more weary than before, he will come around and find something else to keep himself young. Or accept that he can't. Just take care of yourself and only yourself for now and wait him out.
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a

11. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    EXACTLY Panther. "For all we know maybe this will help his sperm". Seriously, we know .001% if that even of how any of this works and maybe this is just what the doctor ordered.

I want to address more of this but I"m out of steam right now, if this isn't bumped, can u bump it for me?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

13. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i have a good vibe off this vegan thing for some reason TP (for dh's sperm i mean absolutely not for the way he is making you feel!!)
    dont let this spiral you down the rabbit hole, if longevity is his obsession then this can work in your favour so rather than fight him we could try and steer this to your advantage as a blue swayer

to give himself the best shot at his "live forever and not age a day" goal then clean eating (vegan if he wishes) and weight lifting (natural no steroids etc) are the way to go, starvation wont achieve his goal but could he be steered towards correctly following intermittent fasting? if he wont hear it at the moment then in all honesty let him "starve himself out" he will feel like sh*t and soon see that starvation isnt the way!!

i agree meat is healthy as part of a balanced diet but eating it has been linked to inflammation so who knows maybe this is THE change that changes everything for you guys

since he is hung up on not ageing tell him to look into why natural weightlifting is so highly praised as a way to stay looking younger while long distance running in particular is pretty much the last thing recommended for those who want to "exercise themselves youthful"

if he can get all this in balance you could have a clean eating, weight lifting husband!! that is far healthier than what many blue swayers are working with/battling against, there are positives to be found here dont let his arsehole-ishness undo all the amazing work you have done in turning your lifestyle around since you joined this site!!
    now 6blue5pink

15. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TP my ex was a pack a day smoker...we have a boy. Never exercised. Comes from a family of 4 girls, one boy. All his cousins are girls. He is literally the only boy. He also drank pretty regularly.

4blue2pink, does intermittent fasting sway boy for a man? Is that why you are suggesting it for TP? Just curious!

17. Likes 4blue2pink liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamofdaughter View Post
    TP my ex was a pack a day smoker...we have a boy. Never exercised. Comes from a family of 4 girls, one boy. All his cousins are girls. He is literally the only boy. He also drank pretty regularly.

4blue2pink, does intermittent fasting sway boy for a man? Is that why you are suggesting it for TP? Just curious!
    i have no idea how it sways for men im afraid!! but it has many proven health benefits and if done right you arent starving yourself, if TP's husband could be persuaded by the benefits of it then he could follow his vegan/clean eating while still taking in enough calories etc to be healthy, it stood out to me as a possible way to keep him "onside" health wise while still staying in line with his plans..damage limitation in a way!
    starvation is a no-go, but it seems he wont listen if he thinks TP is opposing him.. so rather than fight him could he potentially be nudged away from starvation in a healthier direction which still fits with his overall ideal.
    now 6blue5pink

19. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12