Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I know I’m probably mixing other things I’ve read so thanks for the clarification! I’m just nervous bc with my girls I ate a lot of dairy and ate very nutritiously but I was portioning and watching what Inate. I took tons of food derived vitamins and was very healthy. I did take a cal:mag pill a few times a week bc it helps ward off migraines but I’ve stopped. So should I not be as careful with magnesium ?

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure why you think salmon is a girl sway thing?! That's one of the more blue things I've seen for most sways -- animal protein/high protein, Omega-3s. That's a good ol' boy tactic. Walnuts, too, are very boy friendly because of the Omega-3 content, protein, etc.

And just speaking for LMSM -- she had a pitch perfect boy sway. Her sway opposite just speaks to how opposites happen -- this isn't 100%. Plus I'm the small (ha) voice on the site that still always says, "We can only do so much! We don't make Y chromosomes!"

4. Likes Brey13 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok, I had read Omega3 is good. I just thought I read fish is more girly, but I think at this point I've read so much I am getting myself confused. I know I can only do so much and that my last may have very well been an opposite. The only thing I know for sure was I was watching and counting calories, the food I ate was nutritious but at times probably limited just because it was a lower amount. I wasn't good at eating breakfast all the time. I took cal/mag and a lot of B vitamins. I worked out long and hard. I did a lot of running too.

So I think my plan this time is:

Limit acidic foods, up my cal intake with veggies, red meats, salmon, lemon juice on as much as possible, more fruit too I have never been a huge fruit person. Increase whole fats vs nonfat milk or almond milks. Take more folic acid/folate. I took a lot of EPO the last 2 kids so I'm avoiding that. Green tea vs coffee. And more strength training with occasional cardio but not for 50+ min.

Have husband switch to boxers, limit his soccer playing/running, increase weight training, and he takes vitamins but maybe add fish oil and CoQ10. He has agreed to icing his jewels every night too...not sure if this is something that helps but I know avoiding heat does!

It is also wintertime here in the states and very cold where I live. We may try the end of winter/early spring if my cycle does return and if not we may wait a year but we wanted our last to be close in age with my 3rd.

6. Likes Bathsheba, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome Brey!

If you're not getting your period than you're not ovulating.

Many of us found that the mineral balancing diets did not work for us (including me, I got my 4 boys with tons of dairy and gave it up to get my girl!). It's fine to give up or reduce dairy if that is what you think will be best for you but please don't do it longer than 6 weeks before starting TTC. I would also go very easy on the sodium, don't take it to insane levels. We find that many of the blue swayers who cut out calcium and eat tons of sodium for more than a short time have lots of opposites.

Almond milk we found to be VERY pink friendly. We have totaly dropped it and are not using any milk replacers at all. The high level of vegetable oils in them may be swaying pink. I prefer you guys use whole milk and cream rather than artificial milk replacers.

I have seen lots of Shakeology users getting girls. I don't recommend it for anyone (not pink or blue swayers). Too many nutrients for pink swayers and for blue swayers there are some components in them that I don't trust and like I said I've seen lots of opposites with them.

Lactose free milk is fine but most of them are 2% and not whole milk. I am not a fan of part skim milks for blue.

It's unlikely the acid/alkaline stuff works and you can read about that here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ph-pickle.html

yes stay away from EPO, that seemed to make a lot of opposites for us. I would stay away from soy iso as well as there is mixed evidence as to how it may sway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Thanks Brey13 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Not sure why you think salmon is a girl sway thing?! That's one of the more blue things I've seen for most sways -- animal protein/high protein, Omega-3s. That's a good ol' boy tactic. Walnuts, too, are very boy friendly because of the Omega-3 content, protein, etc.

And just speaking for LMSM -- she had a pitch perfect boy sway. Her sway opposite just speaks to how opposites happen -- this isn't 100%. Plus I'm the small (ha) voice on the site that still always says, "We can only do so much! We don't make Y chromosomes!"
    Ingender has salmon down as pink friendly so a lot of people see it that way.

While I do think walnuts are boy friendly as well and recommend them for blue swayers, they do have a fair amount of Omega 6's in them too so I would keep them to 1-2 reasonable servings a day and not "all you can eat" since you don't want to get too many Omega 6's if possible.

swaying just isn't 100% - we seem to be going from about 2/3 likely to get another of the same gender to about 2/3 likely to get our desired gender. Some people may have better results, others may have lower, but that's a good number to assume going into it. We wish and hope to get it higher than that someday but for real people doing real sways that's where the numbers seem to fall.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes the snack meat sticks are ok to eat. I wouldn't make them something you eat 10 times a day or anything but yes once in a while those would be fine

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Brey13 View Post
    Ok I know I’m probably mixing other things I’ve read so thanks for the clarification! I’m just nervous bc with my girls I ate a lot of dairy and ate very nutritiously but I was portioning and watching what Inate. I took tons of food derived vitamins and was very healthy. I did take a cal:mag pill a few times a week bc it helps ward off migraines but I’ve stopped. So should I not be as careful with magnesium ?
    I took calcium and magnesium with my 3rd and 4th boy and dropped them to get my girl.

I really recommend that no matter what u decide to do with minerals, make sure you're getting a good level of Vit. D as that I believe to be quite blue friendly

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OH had meant to come back here, but can see you’ve got a lot of info already
    My youngest is unwell aka koala bub so will come back when I get a chance to elaborate !
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2 View Post
    Wait, I thought HE included alcohol, meat, & dairy for blue sway?

I am very new to atomic's methods of swaying (diet/lifestyle) and am more familiar with Shettles because I stupidly thought that was the authority on swaying until I found this site! But I thought for blue sway you do want a lot of calories?

For my DD I was similar to your DD3 - drinking wine & coffee, not eating a lot (was married 5 days before so bridal dieting), and additional DH & I were having the occasional ciggie while honeymooning. Between the daily BD'ing and not a lot of calories and wine/coffee/cigs and low stress, in hindsight I am not AT ALL surprised by DD as I basically did by-the-atomic-book pink sway lol
    You can have some alcohol on HE (red wine, dark beers best) but they aren't the best way to "spend" your calories and pink swayers have gotten good results with daily drinking for pink so go easy with it.

Meat and dairy I believe to be blue friendly.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2 View Post
    LMSM - congrats on your 3 princesses! I have one princess, 10mo

You probably already posted elsewhere, but mind if I ask why you think your last sway attempt went opposite? I'm a December TTC/blue sway in 2WW territory. Before ttc I was a Shettles devotee but found this website in the middle of peak O timeframe and am trying to gauge how much I may have jeopardized blue sway with timing vs. diet approach...
    Blue, like TP said, even a great sway is no guarantee and even a light sway may givek you your boy. The swaying only ups the odds in your favour...if you look up my name you should be Able to find my sway
    My sway was good, I think, but not perfect & will def try swaying next time and try to correct where I think I could have done better...as ivf is a definite NO from hubby (I.e even if it was possible here ..heck even if it was free..he’d still not agree lol).
    There has been lots of successful blue sways of late so who knows
    Plus remember, you only have one child, so even if she is a girl you had factors pushing towards a girl (pre wedding dieting etc) and you are not a firm «girls mum » (like me, I have to fight against so much as a base point, it seems lol).So you may not even need to sway (or too hardcore anyhow) to get your boy (I.e. naturally you may have those 50/50 odds anyways and the first time it fell on pink).

Good luck!
    Last edited by LMSM; December 13th, 2018 at 09:13 PM.
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

16. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast