Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Luck Finally...my blue sway

Hi Atomic and blue swayers,

This thread is really just a place for me to collect my thoughts and think about the things I have implemented and the things I'm still wanting to work on. Feel free to leave any feedback, I feel like after reading through forums for the last 2.5 years that many of the finer details have escape me.

Attempt time
    April - July 2019
    For work reasons, the earliest I'd want to have another baby is Dec, and prefereably before end of April 2020.

Vitamins/Medications
    DW for sway: Multivitamin, probiotic
    DW for arthritis: prednisolone, plaquinil and sulfasalazine
    DW other: Cartia/aspirin
    DH: 50+ multivitamin
    Should I add in anything else for myself; vitamin D? fish oil? others?
    Don't think I'll be able to convince DH to take anything else.
    I am nervous about the what impact the arthritis meds will have on my sway.

Diet
    DW:
    I've slowly been changing my diet over a few years. My diet has definitely shifted from extremely girl friendly before DD1 and was likely still somewhat girl friendly before DD2.
    Shift sway from extended periods of fasting. Eating meals or snacking every 2-3 hours.
    General increase in the amount of nutrient dense foods.
    Increased red meat consumption, 4 x per week for dinner
    Increased protein consumption, including protein into lunches etc, includes eggs, tuna, chicken, pork, ham, salmon
    Always eating breakfast, porridge, scrambled eggs, museli with yoghurt and fruit etc (this is very different from previous)
    Approx 5+ serves of fruit/veg per day
    Significant reduction in coffee consuption. Currently down to 1 (maybe 2) coffees a day from 2-4 coffees previously. Aim to further reduce this to 3-4 coffees per week from mid Feb
    2-3 cups of black tea per day
    2-3 handfulls of mixed nuts per week
    I am not counting calories or weighing myself at the moment, just doing HE diet by feel and using fit of clothes to ensure not too much weight gain.
    DH
    Always eats breakfast and what I cook for dinner. Lunch at work? sometimes sushi
    Coffee average 2 per day

Exercise
    DW
    Significant change in excercise over the last few years.
    Was doing 5-6 hours of cardio based excercise per week prior to DD1, and was doing 2-3 hours of cardio based per week prior to DD2.
    Arthritis was at its peak during 2018 and was unable to do any type of exercise
    Currently, reduced cardio to 0.5-1 hour per week at reduced intensity.
    2 weeks ago started weight training, 2 hours of pump per week, slowingly increasing this to 3-4 hours during Feb. I have never weight trained in my life!
    I am still very nervous about this aspect of my sway. Prior to DD1 I was at my lowest weight ever (58kg at 175cm) and prior to DD2 I was likely 5-7kg heavier but still 'fat' skinny (skinny/average weight but pretty 'soft' all over). I have always struggled to build tone so imagine I've got quite a high body fat % and despite working to build some more muscle now I'm never going to be the muscular type. I am currently my highest pre ttc weight approx 70kg.
    DH
    Has done little/no exercise for the last year. Recently restarted cycling to work 30 minute each way. I am going to try and get him to cut back on this a bit prior to ttc but not sure how I'll go.
    DH has a desk job so probably considered slightly overweight.

BD pattern
    Between 2 kids, long work hours, and being unwell during 2018 this has dropped off and will need work. Both DDs were likely 1-2 attempts but DH gets a bit of performance anxiety when it comes to baby making so trying to keep this aspect low pressure.
    Was on pill prior to DDs and came off 4 months prior to concieving both times.
    Had Mirena in after DD2 but removed Jan 2018.
    Starting Jan 2019 increasing amount of unprotected BD outside fertile window (have been using condoms up until now).
    Aim to BD every 2-3 days over next couple of months prior to attempt

Cycle
    Have a 27/28 day regular cycle
    Have not been temping or using opk but will probably buy some cheap opk next month

Well that's all I can think of for the moment but sure I'll have plenty of questions over the next few weeks/months.

Thanks for all the support Gender Dreaming
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

2. Likes Twogirls0607 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck, sending you all my blue dust. Being a pink swayer I can't help with your sway but hoping you finally get your little boy.
    Last edited by Kelbear; January 21st, 2019 at 12:24 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good Luck Mia *Blue Dust* i hope you get your little boy!!
    now 6blue5pink

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the aspirin under guidance of a doctor? Mixing aspirin with cartia

You MUST NOT TAKE fish oil with aspirin and esp not with aspirin and cartia! No fish oil with either aspirin or cartia.

Everything else is looking good. I know you're concerned with the meds and the biking, but all we can do is what we can do

BTW I want you to go REALLY easy on the exercise, as you know already your joints are more fragile and we don't want to overdo it. It's by far better to do small amount of sustainable exercise over time than to go too hard, too fast and end up injured.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Is the aspirin under guidance of a doctor? Mixing aspirin with cartia

You MUST NOT TAKE fish oil with aspirin and esp not with aspirin and cartia! No fish oil with either aspirin or cartia.

Everything else is looking good. I know you're concerned with the meds and the biking, but all we can do is what we can do

BTW I want you to go REALLY easy on the exercise, as you know already your joints are more fragile and we don't want to overdo it. It's by far better to do small amount of sustainable exercise over time than to go too hard, too fast and end up injured.
    Cartia is the brand of aspirin, it's low dose and only taking it every second day. Rheumatologist recommended it after finding some 'sticky blood' antibodies is all the blood tests she was running.

No fish oil, got it. My multi has 20mcg of D3, is that sufficient? Forgot to add that I'm 34, do I need to add anything for egg quality?
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone and your blue dust, very happy to pass on all my pink dust in return.

Also if anyone has any courage they could pass on I'll greatfully accept that too!
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaMelb View Post
    Cartia is the brand of aspirin, it's low dose and only taking it every second day. Rheumatologist recommended it after finding some 'sticky blood' antibodies is all the blood tests she was running.

No fish oil, got it. My multi has 20mcg of D3, is that sufficient? Forgot to add that I'm 34, do I need to add anything for egg quality?
    ok sorry for confusion, Cartia is also the name of a blood pressure medicine. Yes you should take it with the sticky blood findings.

I would be careful not to go overboard with carbs like fruit juices, bananas, dry fruit, that kind of think. I doubt you have any issue with egg quality at 34 (the claims of declining egg quality in the mid-30's have been greatly exaggerated) but you WILL end up gaining weight and potentially harming egg quality if you approach the blue sway with the mentality of "I must eat protein and carbs so I'll have meat and potatoes and a banana and nuts and dates and a hard boiled egg abnd a whole grain roll and 32 oz fruit juice with every meal."

All you need is protein and carbs. that can be meat and potatoes, OR meat and a roll, or nuts and fruit or dry fruit, or the egg with juice (8 oz!) But people often go into HE Diet thinking they need to be stuffed at every meal and to have 5 meals like that a day. I'ts not necessary to have 10 different things in one meal!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks MiaMelb thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone and your blue dust, very happy to pass on all my pink dust in return.

Also if anyone has any courage they could pass on I'll greatfully accept that too!
    Mia its scary rolling the dice again when GD is involved isnt it! but think of it this way.. if you dont ttc and stay as you are you will never get your boy, that is 100% guaranteed. If you sway and choose to roll those dice its not 100% (if only it were ) but you have a guaranteed chance at your boy and any chance is greater than no chance at all.
    If this is your now or never then take the chance, ive met quite a few elderly ladies (mostly strangers) who see me with my kids and tell me how they regret not having more kids, each story is different (one wanted 4 but stopped at 2 due to having boy-girl and being told she should be done by family and friends) but one thing they have in common is they are now in their later years, their kids are adults and they are still feeling regret!! this sway might not go your way, though i really hope it does!! but no matter what you wont be the old lady telling a mum with little kids how you regret not having your 3rd or you regret not swaying because you will be the old lady who went for it take all the blue dust and go for it!!
    now 6blue5pink

11. Thanks MiaMelb thanked for this post
    Likes Lilawt liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Be brave Mia, let's support each other, even though I will start swaying a bit latter than you.
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a

13. Thanks MiaMelb thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Youre up for a great sway , FX so hard for you !!!!4b2p said it all, very wisely
    Just had to laugh at the « skinny but soft » that describes me to a T lol
    Will be supporting you, and by the time you’re preggers’, I will get into my own sway zone hopefully
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

15. Thanks MiaMelb thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast