Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrem View Post
    I think cholesterol does play a role, as diet can have an effect on sperm production. My father became overweight after marriage, and has also had some issues with cholesterol in the past. We are 3 sisters and 1 brother, evident that the weight of the father may correlate to children's gender.

For eggs: yes I have also read about this! Recent science has debunked the link between eggs and cholesterol, it's only when you eat a crazy amount everyday for a long time, then it's an issue (as with most foods).
    My husband is very not overweight though! Very, very fit and lean always, even when he slacks on working out. His diet has always been fine, though now he is essentially pescetarian so who knows what impact that will have, swaying or otherwise... Sigh.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush, hurrem liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The truth is, we honestly don't know the answer to your question.

Personally at 23, healthy weight and with good levels of good cholesterol I think it's rather silly for your doctor to be worried about that, but it's always a good idea to eat less fried foods and junk anyway.

It should not hurt your sway at all and in fact should help it, but honestly it's never been studied adequately and we really do not know. I would continue to eat good levels of real foods (full fat dairy, meat, healthy fats, nuts, eggs) and cut back on junk food and fried food and that will be good for your sway anyway.

Ramadan in May and TTC in July/August is plenty of time to undo any of the potential harm of the fasting.

I always suggest starting a multivitamin sooner rather than later, because it does happen that you have an accidental pregnancy in the meantime before you start to sway. It's a small thing but may help a bit just in case.

Your diet looks really good to me - very much the type of eating I did when I got my boys.
    Thank you for the info Atomic! I will continue my diet as it is but definitely add more fruit and veg I will also begin a multivitamin, but when should I start them as I am currently taking a high dose of ferrograd C iron at the moment? Will a multivitamin with added iron affect my iron tablets?
    July/August this time sounds like a great time to ttc, as by that time most of the side effects from the pill will hopefully be gone (such as my lack of ewcm, I had tonnes of it before the pill but never knew its importance ) It's been almost a month since going pill-free, hope I get my ewcm back!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes do be on the lookout for this. When you're swaying blue you want to "spend" your cals wisely to get the most nutrients for the least amount of cals (to prevent excess weight gain)

But that having been said many of us with all boys can eat a LOT and not gain weight. So if you're in that situation already, and can eat like that all day and stay at a healthy weight, then you don't need to cut back on carbs, just eat more veg in addition.

I just don't want you to cut back on carbs and end up losing weight! let your metabolism be your guide.
    That's another thing that worries me, I weigh this much right now because of my eating habits, including the amount of carbs I eat. Whenever I become careless about eating due to stress or get sick for only a couple of days my weight plummets so quickly and I become underweight. Despite that I will still add more vegetables with my rice/bread that can count as carbs, because they have more nutrients anyway. In fact I just ate a plate of Singapore stir-fried noodles with lots of carrots, snake beans, baby spinach and a boiled egg

Also, is it normal or bad for my sway that I'm barely gaining any weight no matter how much I eat? Is my body still getting the cue that 'times are good' even if I don't gain any kilos?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it's very common to see no EWCM when on the pill!! It should come back over time.

I'd still have you add a multivitamin. you can take a men's multi as it will not have iron in it (such as men's one a day) It doesn't hurt anything to take men's vitamins, your body doesn't know the difference.

It's fine for your sway. Try not to worry about not gaining, that's actually GOOD because when people very rapidly put on 30+ lbs that may actually lower their success rates. Gaining 3-5 lbs is fine. Even 10-15 for people underweight. But gaining more than that, esp. fast, may harm your sway (we don't know that, but we saw a lot of opposites in that group)

Yes you're still getting the "times re good" signal. Most of us on here with all boys have high metabolisms and can eat a lot of food without gaining weight. Keep up the good work!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks hurrem thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it's very common to see no EWCM when on the pill!! It should come back over time.

I'd still have you add a multivitamin. you can take a men's multi as it will not have iron in it (such as men's one a day) It doesn't hurt anything to take men's vitamins, your body doesn't know the difference.

It's fine for your sway. Try not to worry about not gaining, that's actually GOOD because when people very rapidly put on 30+ lbs that may actually lower their success rates. Gaining 3-5 lbs is fine. Even 10-15 for people underweight. But gaining more than that, esp. fast, may harm your sway (we don't know that, but we saw a lot of opposites in that group)

Yes you're still getting the "times re good" signal. Most of us on here with all boys have high metabolisms and can eat a lot of food without gaining weight. Keep up the good work!
    Sounds great, just need to look for a multivitamin without iron, and make sure to eat regularly and keep an eye on ewcm. I couldn’t handle lemon water, idk it felt too sour, and if I added lots of sugar then it won’t be as blue friendly. But I’ve started drinking grapefruit juice, which surprisingly I really like! In fact I’m already starting to see more cm since taking it, so it’s a good sign.

Thank you Atomic and everyone else for all the valuable information! I feel much more on track now And lots of blue dust to all my fellow blue swayers! May your dreams and prayers be answered

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're very welcome!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Likes hurrem liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12