Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2 View Post
    @alliwantisblue checking in on my sway boy buddy... how are you? If you opted for them, when do you get your NIPT results? Literally just got home from my NIPT blood draw apt. Should have results via email within 7-10 business days. The substitute doc doing my ultrasound today said "I think it's another girl b/c you've been so sick with this one and weren't with DD1" so that was depressing but hopefully she is wrong

p.s. I measured exactly 10 weeks today - wbu?
    Doctors have no right to say those type of things. I and several people on here were really sick with all/some of our sons and not at all with our doctors. Illness is meaningless I promise.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @atomic thank you for the reassurance, I am desperate not to believe her. The sub doc said she has 2 girls and "it's great!" so I don't know what in our interaction made her think I wanted to hear "it's another girl" but that's what she decided to go with

The old wives tale "sick with girls, not sick with boys" is, according to this doc, the only tale that holds water. But in all of the experiences I've heard from friends/family, I've seen mixed messages. Have you ever seen not sick with a girl, then sick with a boy?

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Doctors have no right to say those type of things. I and several people on here were really sick with all/some of our sons and not at all with our doctors. Illness is meaningless I promise.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AllIWant- PLEASE do not go back to that ER again if you can avoid it! I can't even believe they wouldn't do another ultrasound for you. Ugh, ridiculous. (The doctors here it seems like are all about ordering ultrasounds as often and unnecessary as possible!)
    I'm glad it has worked out, the twin thing makes sense with your high hcg numbers early. Another reason not to trust them and "doubling times" at nearly 6 weeks.
    Fingers crossed for a healthy boy for you!
    (2009)
    (2011- IUI and femara) (2012), (8/2015) (sway opposite) 2019
    HT 2018- Feb - 12 retrieved- 0 embies made it to PGS testing
    April- 10 retrieved- 1 5AB embryo made it to testing- normal XX!!!! July FET- BFP!!! DD born 2019

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @atomic thank you for the reassurance, I am desperate not to believe her. The sub doc said she has 2 girls and "it's great!" so I don't know what in our interaction made her think I wanted to hear "it's another girl" but that's what she decided to go with

The old wives tale "sick with girls, not sick with boys" is, according to this doc, the only tale that holds water. But in all of the experiences I've heard from friends/family, I've seen mixed messages. Have you ever seen not sick with a girl, then sick with a boy?
    Blue2 that Dr is an idiot i had severe 24/7 sickness for 22 weeks with my DS1, ive had 4 more boys since and 3 girls and none of them have even touched on that type of sickness (thank god!!) after DS1 i had my DD1 and i threw up 4 times in the 18 weeks before we lost her so huge difference to DS1 sickness wise!! my least sick pregnancy so far has been my DD3, so for me most sick was a boy and least sick was a girl.
    also sickness generally kicks in around week 5/6 when ALL babies are technically "female" the Y chromosome doesnt activate till i think around 8-9 weeks? so sickness kicks in before gender is even playing a part.
    everything crossed for this to be your little boy
    now 6blue5pink

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    4blue2pink I cannot tell you how much you just turned my day around!!! Incredibly reassuring to hear the old wives tale isn't that believable AND from someone who has experience being pregnant with each gender. Wow TY so so so much!!!!! While obsessing about it last night I forgot that I took a short video of the ultrasound (DH couldn't attend the dr apt w/ me) and I screenshot'd this... possibly the least helpful ultrasound view of all time (baby was centered with back to camera and legs/arms folded in front). It's the only shot where you an 'kind of' see whatever it is that's between his/her legs...

I remember reading an atomic post somewhere about not being able to read a numb but can't recall if that's 10 weeks or earlier? What do you think?

IMG_6108.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    Blue2 that Dr is an idiot i had severe 24/7 sickness for 22 weeks with my DS1, ive had 4 more boys since and 3 girls and none of them have even touched on that type of sickness (thank god!!) after DS1 i had my DD1 and i threw up 4 times in the 18 weeks before we lost her so huge difference to DS1 sickness wise!! my least sick pregnancy so far has been my DD3, so for me most sick was a boy and least sick was a girl.
    also sickness generally kicks in around week 5/6 when ALL babies are technically "female" the Y chromosome doesnt activate till i think around 8-9 weeks? so sickness kicks in before gender is even playing a part.
    everything crossed for this to be your little boy

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, how is Alliwantisblue doing? Anyone heard from her?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I have seen every possible combo of sickness over the years. Beyond that, scientists studied morning sickness and gender and found that there was NO correlation. Only in cases of severe hyperemesis was there a slight difference of 3% between boy and girl pregnancies (so really about 50-50, very small variation). It's been totally proven to my satisfaction even aside from my experience where I was sick with 3 boys, and not with 1 boy and 1 girl, that it is not gender based.

9. Thanks Blue2 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    4blue2pink I cannot tell you how much you just turned my day around!!! Incredibly reassuring to hear the old wives tale isn't that believable AND from someone who has experience being pregnant with each gender. Wow TY so so so much!!!!! While obsessing about it last night I forgot that I took a short video of the ultrasound (DH couldn't attend the dr apt w/ me) and I screenshot'd this... possibly the least helpful ultrasound view of all time (baby was centered with back to camera and legs/arms folded in front). It's the only shot where you an 'kind of' see whatever it is that's between his/her legs...

I remember reading an atomic post somewhere about not being able to read a numb but can't recall if that's 10 weeks or earlier? What do you think?

IMG_6108.jpg
    your welcome glad it helped that Dr should not have said that too you!! nub shots are best in the 13th week and need to be taken side on, the shot you have (super cute baby btw!!) doesnt show gender its too early (and at the wrong angle) boys and girls all look the same "down there" at 10 weeks how long till you find out gender? i have everything crossed for you!!
    now 6blue5pink

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes sorry that pic is not suitable for nub guessing as it needs to be from the profile and not straight on.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic, I figured it was a pretty terrible angle BUT good news... NIPT results should be emailed to me by this Saturday 3/2!!! I am honestly beside myself with anxiety

How are all you other moms doing? Alliwantisblue do you have NIPT results? Thinking of you xxx

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes sorry that pic is not suitable for nub guessing as it needs to be from the profile and not straight on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast