Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

DH Diet and Alcohol/Coffee Consumption? HELP?

So, I am trying to follow a modified HE diet, so therefore, DH is also pretty much following the same diet as I'm the one making the meal plans. So, I'm doing everything I can, and following the suggestions here, but wanted to get some input on DH's diet.

He drinks about 3 cups of coffee per day (he's in construction so he starts work at like 5 a.m.) and has probably 5-10 drinks per week, mostly beer. He doesn't smoke at all. He goes to the gym pretty much everyday so he is in decent shape. He drinks protein drinks at night and does not eat breakfast.

He has already cut back on coffee (he used to have like 5 cups per day) and wants to cut back on drinking as well. He takes a multivitamin for men but no other supplements.

I don't want to undo my own efforts because of his habits. Is there anything else I should be aware of or have him change with his diet? We are planning on starting in June or July of this year.

TIA.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What kind of protein drinks? What's the type of protein in them?

What is his multivitamin?

A lot of this stuff (such as the eating breakfast) is more important for you than him. We honestly have no evidence that hubbies need to eat breakfast (in fact, my husband has never been a breakfast guy and we got 4 boys without him having breakfast). If he's willing to cut back on coffee and alcohol, great! It very well may help - but again, less important than it is for you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good to know, atomic!

he does the GNC whey protein powders with those shaker bottles - he mixes in water or almond milk.

the multivitamin is just a generic gummie with added D3 vitamin. pretty standard.

i've read some threads on here regarding DH exercise - is that more impactful than diet? he doesn't really run, but he does the bike or stairmaster for cardio and then lifts weights. does his exercise regimen make a difference?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. The whey protein is ok, soy I am not a fan of. I'd have him stick with the water and skip the almond milk. anecdotally we've seen a surprising number of opposites to couples hitting almond milk really hard for reasons we can only guess at.

Ok. As long as the multi doesn't have megadoses of any nutrients (other than Vit. D, which you can take up to 1000 IU of) and no herbal components in it thats fine.

Yes that's actually one of the better proven elements of gender swaying - jogging and biking by DH have been shown in studies to sway pink. Weights only if he's willing to give those up for a while.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ