Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ramadan and the HE diet

Hi all,

I have been following the HE diet quite well since late last year, and have so far managed to gain a couple of kilos, which is usually quite difficult for me as I don't gain weight easily. However, since Ramadan has started, I have a few concerns I want to discuss:

How will fasting this month affect my swaying in the future? I live in the southern hemisphere so the fasts are quite short (only 12 hours), a little half of which is spent sleeping on my days off from work. So I would break my fast just after 5pm at sunset, and I eat a couple of dates, some fried foods such as spring rolls, samosas (can't resist them ), fruit salad, beef mince patties, and water or juice.

Then a short while later I would have dinner, which would be the usual protein with side of carbs (lamb, chicken, or vegetable curry, with meat broth rice or naan/flatbread), or takeaway on other days. I also snack on fruits, nuts, and try drinking lots of fluids such as water, coconut water, juices, v8, shakes, tea, and milk. Then I would sleep and wake up around 4:00am for Sehri, and on rotation eat an omelette with flatbread/toast, yogurt, chicken or lamb sandwich with lettuce, boiled egg plus cup of milk, peanut butter toast with pumpkin/sunflower seeds.

This will be my routine for the month, and while I am making sure to eat well after breaking my fast, will there be any issues in the future? Once Ramadan is over I will go back to my usual eating routine, how many weeks should I continue the HE diet, especially if say I plan on making my first attempt in late July or August?

Also, recently I downloaded a game on my phone called Call me Emperor, where you run your own empire and join rankings and verse others (sorry for my nerdiness!). I play it just for fun in my spare time but realised I feel so competitive when playing, and want to 'win' in the different tasks. I guess it's a little thing to help the sway lol

Btw happy Ramadan to fellow Muslim blue swayers

2. Likes Lilyblossom, Girls Mom 2 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't say how much it affects your sway (it's probably different for everyone.) It's good you're in the S. Hemi, just do what you can to keep up with your eating during the time you're awake. I would have you back on the HE Diet for 6 weeks before trying.

Have you been trying all this time? Do you need help boosting chances of conception?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes hurrem liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I can't say how much it affects your sway (it's probably different for everyone.) It's good you're in the S. Hemi, just do what you can to keep up with your eating during the time you're awake. I would have you back on the HE Diet for 6 weeks before trying.

Have you been trying all this time? Do you need help boosting chances of conception?
    No we haven’t been trying, I’ve been off the pill since the beginning of the year, and we use condoms during my fertile week and unprotected on the other days so there is sperm exposure(husband doesn’t know about swaying yet, I’ll tell him in the future lol). Also my ewcm has come back, but I only get it for 1-2 days a month at ovulation, is that normal or should there be more?

6 weeks sounds good, I’ll be on my normal routine. I am also taking my ferritin iron tablet every day as well, and plan on taking vitamin D and probiotics soon. When Ramadan ends I’ll start a prenatal(Elevit)

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great!! Good luck and blessings to you!

8. Likes hurrem liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So AF arrived today, it's the first time since Ramadan started almost 2 weeks ago. I always get my period very late at night or early hours in the morning, I wake up and it would be there. It's been that way since following the HE diet and even before as my eating patterns were already similar to the diet. But this time, the biggest change: My AF arrived in the late afternoon! This has happened since maybe last year during Ramadan, but I can't remember as I didn't keep track back then.

My change of AF timing may mean something or nothing at all, but it definitely shows that the HE and LE diet impacts our body, including ovulation and menstruation. Although my fasts are short (12 hours), and I am getting enough sleep, and eat regularly when breaking the fast, the timing of my AF still changed. I'm glad though that my cycles are still regular, but let's see what happens during my next AF, when Ramadan will also be over and I'll be back to my HE diet routine. Our bodies are crazy ya'll.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's very interesting, THANK YOU!

Please keep me posted, because this "time of period" subject has been a pretty strong trend. It doesn't predict gender, but it HAS happened to so many people on LE and HE Diets that I think there has to be something there!!

11. Likes hurrem liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrem View Post
    Hi all,

I have been following the HE diet quite well since late last year, and have so far managed to gain a couple of kilos, which is usually quite difficult for me as I don't gain weight easily. However, since Ramadan has started, I have a few concerns I want to discuss:

How will fasting this month affect my swaying in the future? I live in the southern hemisphere so the fasts are quite short (only 12 hours), a little half of which is spent sleeping on my days off from work. So I would break my fast just after 5pm at sunset, and I eat a couple of dates, some fried foods such as spring rolls, samosas (can't resist them ), fruit salad, beef mince patties, and water or juice.

Then a short while later I would have dinner, which would be the usual protein with side of carbs (lamb, chicken, or vegetable curry, with meat broth rice or naan/flatbread), or takeaway on other days. I also snack on fruits, nuts, and try drinking lots of fluids such as water, coconut water, juices, v8, shakes, tea, and milk. Then I would sleep and wake up around 4:00am for Sehri, and on rotation eat an omelette with flatbread/toast, yogurt, chicken or lamb sandwich with lettuce, boiled egg plus cup of milk, peanut butter toast with pumpkin/sunflower seeds.

This will be my routine for the month, and while I am making sure to eat well after breaking my fast, will there be any issues in the future? Once Ramadan is over I will go back to my usual eating routine, how many weeks should I continue the HE diet, especially if say I plan on making my first attempt in late July or August?

Also, recently I downloaded a game on my phone called Call me Emperor, where you run your own empire and join rankings and verse others (sorry for my nerdiness!). I play it just for fun in my spare time but realised I feel so competitive when playing, and want to 'win' in the different tasks. I guess it's a little thing to help the sway lol

Btw happy Ramadan to fellow Muslim blue swayers
    ohh me and you are in the same boat.. i was really worried about my sway for boy as i m fasting sehri till almost 9 coz i m living in toronto.. and also i m planning to do attempt next month..also i wanna ask what are you taking as multivitamin coz women 1 a day is not halal?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girls Mom 2 View Post
    ohh me and you are in the same boat.. i was really worried about my sway for boy as i m fasting sehri till almost 9 coz i m living in toronto.. and also i m planning to do attempt next month..also i wanna ask what are you taking as multivitamin coz women 1 a day is not halal?

Although my fasts are not too long I am still waiting until July or August for my first attempt. Only so that my body adjusts back to its normal routine, which can take some weeks. I think you should wait until at least July as well, especially because your fasting hours are longer. Even though my fasts aren’t long I have already seen changes in my body, such as the change in AF arrival time, big difference for me.

For supps: I have taken iron ferritin tablets since January as I was low in iron, though now my course is finished. Atm I am taking vitamin d, and right after Ramadan ends I will start taking inner health plus probiotic tablet daily and elevit prenatals. Ask in your local pharmacy for halal or vegan/vegetarian prenatal, and post here the ingredients list to confirm it’s good for boy sway.

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrem View Post
    Although my fasts are not too long I am still waiting until July or August for my first attempt. Only so that my body adjusts back to its normal routine, which can take some weeks. I think you should wait until at least July as well, especially because your fasting hours are longer. Even though my fasts aren’t long I have already seen changes in my body, such as the change in AF arrival time, big difference for me.

For supps: I have taken iron ferritin tablets since January as I was low in iron, though now my course is finished. Atm I am taking vitamin d, and right after Ramadan ends I will start taking inner health plus probiotic tablet daily and elevit prenatals. Ask in your local pharmacy for halal or vegan/vegetarian prenatal, and post here the ingredients list to confirm it’s good for boy sway.
    Thank you soo much i am also feeling not right about my attempt next month. the thing is i am already late for this pregnancy..but i think i should wait a little more. i am taking folic 50 mg as my doctor recommended also fishoil and greenech multivatimin twice a day. i think i should start probiotics as well?

17. Likes atomic sagebrush, hurrem liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes there are some halal vitamins such as Noor brand that are good - just post a pic or the brand name and I'll check them for you.

19. Likes Girls Mom 2 liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast