Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fish Oil is Poison ????

Hi Automic,

So it has been more then 6 weeks now i am taking fish oil Omega 3 Complex 1000 mg every alternate day.. yesterday i went to buy some more and the pharmacist told me not to take if i am planning a baby as the murcury is like a poison for future baby.. this thread i really want to share and ask you about it.
    Also about probiotics she was like do u have stomach issues or gut problems? probiotics are usually for it..?? she said dont take anything extra specially if your planning to get pregnent. ofcourse she dosnt know i am not only planning to get pregnent but to pregnent with a baby boy.. need ur opinion.. thanks alot.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fish oil is mercury free. I don't know where you live, but in virtually all countries around the world have very very strict standards to prevent mercury from getting into fish oil. Independent organizations and the governments of most countries have tested the products on the market (so we are not relying on the good word of the businesses, they have actually been tested by the government and consumer organziations) If the pharmacist is telling you the particular TYPE of fish oil you're using has mercury, of course, listen - but do back up that claim with research - but look at the bottle of fish oil. If it says "mercury free" that means it was tested and did not have mercury in it.

Probiotics are totally safe and in fact desirable to take during pregnancy. I suspect you are simply dealing with an overly opinionated pharmacist.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Girls Mom 2 liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Fish oil is mercury free. I don't know where you live, but in virtually all countries around the world have very very strict standards to prevent mercury from getting into fish oil. Independent organizations and the governments of most countries have tested the products on the market (so we are not relying on the good word of the businesses, they have actually been tested by the government and consumer organziations) If the pharmacist is telling you the particular TYPE of fish oil you're using has mercury, of course, listen - but do back up that claim with research - but look at the bottle of fish oil. If it says "mercury free" that means it was tested and did not have mercury in it.

Probiotics are totally safe and in fact desirable to take during pregnancy. I suspect you are simply dealing with an overly opinionated pharmacist.
    thank you atomic i was feeling the same about pharmacist but just want to confirm with you and no my fish oil is not a specific one its a simple 1000 mg fish oil and she was talking in general.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She's wrong about that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Likes Girls Mom 2 liked this post