Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hope for the future

Hello

Me and DH have not yet had the talk about having a second child. The main thing that concerns me personally is wanting to feel confident about having a successful blue sway.

I already have a DS who is now 21 months old, I would like to think that our lifestyles are default blue and with some tweaks we could have a successful sway.

We are keen snackers, I am an all day grazer and we eat plenty of meat. We have cows milk (what we call semi skimmed) which I have in hot (caffeinated) drinks, oats and also eat yoghurt and cheese. At the time of DS conception I think we were actually having low fat (skimmed) milk but it was cows milk not milk replacer.

I have no interest in intensive cardio but do mild/moderate in the form of lots of walking and would be more than happy to do weight training.

I am competitive and play on games consoles, including 2 player games such as racing/where you are competing against the other person.

At the time I conceived DS I had been really stressed with work, had taken up teaching pilates which was a huge challenge for me but I overcame it, was also stressed about major lifestyle changes I had undertaken in order to start a family and the magnitude of it all.

Also looking at photos of me in the few months before conception my face had filled out and fattened up which I think was because we started going out more often and drinking small amounts of alcohol as in one drink but it was lager/ale which is quite fattening. I still have about 6lb of baby weight left over and my BMI sits probably at 25/26 now.

At time of conception....tmi but when I saw the egg white mucus I thought I was fertile then so that's when I DTD as thought the mucus meant the egg had dropped ready. I can't remember how many times but husband thinks there was more than one. He also doesn't smoke anymore and wears loose underwear

So....I think there are a few things in there that may explain why I got blue last time, wasn't swaying was just TTC but I like to think that that's how our lifestyle sits naturally

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. Likes PadrePioidevotemyfirstson liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it sounds like you have a blue-friendly lifestyle, although we can never really predict with 100% accuracy.

I would feel very good about just trying when you're ready. Great that hubby gave up smoking!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the positive vibes! I feel like I eat a great lunch 5 days a week...it's basically a salad with cucumber, tomato, leafy greens, bell pepper in varying colours, cheese and meat. Usually followed by a piece of fruit.

Anyway I digress. Trying to get my house in complete order and think about supplements now, maybe if I can obsess a bit more it will also help the sway........

Currently I take supplements for my own health which is a 50% dose of vitamin D and calcium (I take this because I breastfeed my toddler) and also I take vitamin c and zinc "immune support" because I was getting sick often from my toddler. It has 100% dose of zinc but a whopping 625% of vitamin c which I guess is too much of anything (percentages are the recommended daily allowance written on the bottle) so I guess I would swap out my current supplements for something else

Would I be better off taking: vitamin d, folic acid and fish oil as 3 separate tablets (seem to only be able to get hold of 1000mg so it would be every other day fish oil and I guess if I actually ate some oily fish as a meal would need to cut back on the supplement)

Or just taking something like a "pre conception supplement" we have here one by seven seas which has vitamin D, B, folic acid, zinc, biotin and some other things in it but nonetheless it has been designed to aid conception

Then when I figure out when ovulation is I can take some guafenesin to aid the ewcm.

Have I got the right idea with supplements?

Thank you

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I'd not take that any more. I would prefer you just took a balanced supplement like Women's One a Day that has about 100% of lots of different things. The Seven Seas is fine but I'd add in a bit of extra Vitamin D to total 250 IU.

Yes do the fish oil every other day!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you.

Last questions I think....is it about 3 months that you need to do all the swaying things before attempting, and also this "fertile window", can it be worked out with a tracking app or do you need ovulation test sticks?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most blue swayers (with the exception of those who are super underweight) can get by with 6 weeks before. I worry blue swayers will gain too much weight and we've had good results with 6 weeks on HE Diet.

I prefer you guys use OPK. The apps are not all they're cracked up to be. They're fine if your cycle stays regular but for those many people who see changes in cycle while swaying, they're disastrous.