Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confusing OPKs

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's something I've seen too - the honeymoon baby seems to often be a girl.

That crampy feeling can be from the secondary estrogen surge which happens around that point, but it can be a good sign for early pregnancy too. I don't want to get your hopes up but that mystery cramping is something that is often among the earliest signs of conception. FXFXFX!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes hurrem liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AF is here again, almost a week late.

Last night I got light spotting, my cm was brown. Woke up this morning and (sorry tmi) I dripped dark brown blood in the toilet, although my underwear was clean. I've never gotten spotting before my period, and when AF starts it just 'gushes', and is already in my underwear.

I don't know what to do at the moment, because I was sure I might be pg this month. I haven't taken any pg test and just waited to see what happened. Even the cramps I had weren't like af, they just felt 'different'. But what's worrying me atm is why AF was late. It hasn't been this late all year. Since coming off the pill my cycles have been 28-31 days. Only thing that may have affected it I think is my sleeping pattern. I had 2 weeks off from work, and my sleeping schedule changed dramatically (sleeping late/waking up late). But again I don't know exactly why.

Just to make sure everything is okay we'll be visiting my doctor. Are there any other concerns I should bring up?
    Atomic do you think my supps are affecting our chances? I'm eating well, having lots of attempts etc, don't know why it still hasn't happened. And I know ttc can take a while, but my late AF this month is just a curveball that's confusing me

Another Q- if I got my period today, does that mean I actually ovulated 2 weeks ago from today? Even if I did we still had attempts that week

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you most likely ovulated late. Changes in schedule can cause delayed ovulation. It's possible you were pregnant as well. You could still be pregnant even with bleeding so I would take a test.

Remind me what supplements you're taking. The supplements I recommend shouldn't affect your cycle or your chances of conception (would only improve your chances!) but somemtimes people take something else and I like to review them when I get the opportunity.

Is your husband willing to have a sperm analysis?? That may be something to consider.

How much weight have you gained overall?

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it may have been a chemical pregnancy, although I didn’t test(only have one pg test left!). But how is it possible to be pg if I’m having normal heavy AF bleeding? Another thing: the cramps I felt for many days were concentrated around my ovaries(or near there), and I can still feel them right now-is that normal? My typical AF cramps are felt in the ‘middle’.

As for my weight, it’s still in the optimum range, not super-skinny how I used to be, just ‘average’ skinny now. I eat very minimal junk food, only my normal meals with some snacking(not overboard with this though). I weigh 55 kilos, it’s been maintained at this level for many weeks now.

My supps: Elevit prenatal, Ostelin vitamin D 1000iu, Inner Health Plus probiotics

Although dh can have a sperm analysis, I think our gp won’t recommend and say it’s too early for one. I’m also not going to her yet, I will see maybe next week and discuss with her though.

Let’s see what happens in the next 3 cycles, if no bfp then we’ll get all the check-ups. Also- if say this was a chem preg, is it okay to ttc this cycle?
    Last edited by hurrem; October 18th, 2019 at 09:25 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can be pregnant and have a period. It happened to me personally! I had a 5 day "period" that was heavier than my normal period, and ended up with a baby 9 months later!

This is because you can have bleeding from your cervix or a fibroid that seems like a period, or you can lose some of the lining but not the part where the baby is implanted. Or, what happened to me, I was pregnant with twins and one twin didn't survive, and the other stayed with me. It is actually fairly common to have bleeding that seems like a period when pregnant, and I see it happen several times a year.

All types of cramping are normal. Cramps don't have to be centered in a particular spot. You can have pain that comes from the ovaries or fallopian tubes, or from the uterus, and some people may feel those in different ways in different months. All very common.

Yes I believe it's fine to TTC after a chemical. Some people swaying blue want to wait a month after a chemical, personally I think this is overkill and you're ready to go this month.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's so interesting! I know you can have some bleeding/spotting when pg, but never knew it could be as heavy or heavier than a period! It just shows how differently our bodies can respond to ttc, lol. I have headaches atm, too, which I don't get during AF, and also being feeling soo tired and sleepy even though I'm resting well. I still haven't tested (just...don't want to waste a test atm), but I am preparing for this cycle anyway, and will test this time if my period is late.

Btw Atomic do you think my supps are fine? And should we keep up with the 4 days multiple attempts in fertile window? (plus eod for rest of the cycle)

Thank you again for keeping up with all my qs <3

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes everything you were doing before was great, I wouldn't change any of it (unless you've added in supplements I don't know about!)

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok great, I'll keep everything the same.

Also when I mentioned earlier that my sleeping patterns changed, it was actually during the tww- so the week after ovulation. I'm pretty sure I ovulated on time (and covered all bases the week of O and after), can that still affect AF arrival time? Unless of course it was a chemical, which explains why AF was 1 week late(not the norm).

I hope it doesn't mean I'll have any issues ttc this cycle or the future, though

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your period can't come late unless ovulation is late, or you are pregnant (very rarely you could have an ovarian cyst where the egg didn't ovulate properly, but I've only seen that happen twice in all this time) So our two possibilities are late ovulation or an early loss.

If it was a loss or delayed O, it doesn't mean you'll have any problems conceiving in the future. It happens sometimes that our cycle is longer than our norm, and it usually just goes right back to normal again. If it's longer again next month we need to possibly cut carbs/calories but I don't think you're at the point I have any concerns in that arena.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12