Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic. You are awesome. Thank you for always taking the time to answer all of my questions. 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How long does the average sperm actually live? I have been reading up on the sperm meets egg method ( did not do this) and they say that sperm only lives for about 3 hours?! And the egg 12 which I get. But how can sperm really only live 3 hours with all these people having cut offs? I dtd right at positive opk and then late that night ( right before midnight) and if I ovulate late today or even tomorrow all that sperm especially the morning sex session will totally be dead leaving only stragglers from the night sex session thus being way girl friendly. Am I seeing this wrong?

Or if some really do live five days would that possibly mean that when we had intercourse on Tuesday morning that that sperm could still be alive making it three attempts ( tues am, Thursday am and Thursday pm) if I ovulate soon?
    Last edited by Dan1g1r1; October 18th, 2019 at 02:37 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you tell me where you read this so I can clarify? I'm not sure if that was a typo or a misunderstanding, but something is wrong with that info.

Sperm can live in hostile conditions (so outside of the body, or in an unfriendly part of your cycle like CD 1-10 or so) for about 3 hours, but INSIDE your body when the fertile window is open, it can live for 2-3, possibly 4 days. A few sources say more like 5-7 days, but just because the sperm was still alive when it was retrieved doesn't mean it can go on to fertilize an egg. We have very good science that indicates that people mostly get pregnant O-1 and O-2 (about 2/3 of people get pregnant from sex one of these two days), with a larger minority getting pregnant on O Day, and a smaller minority from sex O-3. Then the chances of conceiving from 4 or more days out is quite small, 1 in 1000 or less depending on how far you are from ovulation.

I would def. try to be in with another attempt though if you can. Just for the sake of being more blue friendly. If not, that's fine too (I got most of my boys, if not all of them, with 2 attempts, not 3)

There's very very very little chance anything is left from Tuesday. The stats were 1 in 10,000 for conceptions 5 days before O and I don't count that as a viable attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was on a website explaining what the sperm meets egg method is all about. It wasn’t on your site. It said that unless a woman had very nice fertile cervical mucus, the sperm dies in three hours.
    I definitely would have had intercourse one more time if not more, but hubby is up north until Sunday and he left Friday morning after our failed third attempt. I’m pretty sure I ovulated last night because opk strip wasn’t as dark this morning and my o pain is less.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Yes that's in line with what I'm saying - not in the fertile window, sperm die fast. But when the fertile window is open the sperm can live longer than that.

The thing is, something in the hormones in semen make you more fertile (proven in studies) and very likely more blue friendly. So while even though the sperm from the earliest attempts may not survive, they are still helping you to get pregnant and your sway to work!

Good luck and blue dust headed your way!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12