Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Still got a cough and cold on the go (so annoying!) but I’m hoping I’ll be over it in the next few days. I’m usually pretty fit and healthy, no health issues at all and hardly ever ill! I’m 32, DH is 35.

Also was thinking of sway attempts, the one thing I’m pretty sure I did with all 3 girls was only getting one attempt in at fertile window. I’m thinking this time DTD every 2-3 days unprotected, throughout cycle, and will try to get several attempts in at positive OPK. I remember reading somewhere about it being bad having dead sperms up there before fertile window, and that’s what encouraged me to try Shettles timing before..but it seems ridiculous now I think about it. If anyone can reassure me that’s not true?

successful GD sway 2021

2. Likes tillytys liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds like a good idea, im sure its a good idea to have the cervical crypts filled for a blue sway.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the old debunked Shettles idea. This thought that Y sperm die off fast leaving only the X behind - the trouble is that whole notion has been debunked!! Most of us with all boys, myself incuded, BD every 2-3 days when not trying (usually without protection) and then when we are trying, have sex a lot around ovulation.

People have speculated all the way back to Charles Darwin's time that lots of sex = boys, and new studies have indicated that more semen helps to boost fertiity even when it's out of the fertile window (and higher fertility seems to sway blue). So there is actually scientific thinking in addition to our experiences that seems to support the idea.

FWIW I got all my boys with at least 2 attempts. Only kid I ever got with one was my girl.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes Fabby123 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! Do you think it will be ok to go for it this month?? (After being ill and run down) If I’m completely better by fertile window, I don’t really want to wait but I also don’t want to have any regrets, and if it’s the kind of thing that would negatively affect my sway I should probably wait another month. ..trying not to stress over it too much!!

successful GD sway 2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's totally your call to make. It all boils down to whether you'll live a thousand lifetimes of regret if you try and get an opposite, but at the same time you have to keep in mind that for all we know, you'll be passing up on a great month in favor of a month that's not as good!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Arrrgh I know, so frustrating!! I worry that if I leave it this month, then next month my husband will be ill, or decide to run a marathon 🙄, or there’ll be something else that will make me delay it for longer and longer. I guess I’ll just see how I feel over the next couple of weeks. I can only do my best. I could have it absolutely perfect and still get an opposite, so I try to put things in perspective and will try not to stress too much!

successful GD sway 2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes exactly - what I said above doesn't even take into consideration the truth that we don't know the future and it may be worse for OBVIOUS reasons let alone possibly imaginary ones! I have seen WAYY too many people skip mostly-ok months thinking that there will be some perfect month that never comes along, only to find out that the subsequent months were worse, and in the end they say "oh screw it" and try anyway in a month that was undoubtedly worse than the ones they'd passed up on. Just use your gut instinct!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ..so we went ahead with attempt this month!! Currently on CD21 and still having unprotected attempts every other day due to confusion with OPKs. I just wasn’t getting any positives, and testing twice a day from CD7. Unfortunately I didn’t realise they take a while for the line to fully appear, until I got a load out of the bathroom bin haha! One of them looks almost as dark as the control line, and I’m guessing it’s from CD14 or 15.

Anyways we DTD on days 7, 8, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 19 and will probably continue every other day for the rest of the week. Hoping that’s enough to cover us! (And also not too much?!). I was really hoping to get the 3 attempts in at OPK+ 😩!!

I did my best with the diet and exercise. I felt if I was any stricter it would affect my sanity haha, and just didn’t want to drive myself (or my husband) crazy. Also took supplements religiously, again didn’t take absolutely everything I could have done but chose the ones I felt were sensible - multivit with probiotic, fish oil, extra vit D and extra folic acid. Hubby took a men’s multivit but wouldn’t take anything else. I also took guaifenasin twice a day from CD7 to CD20. Noticed that I had more watery CM and when I got EWCM it wasn’t tons, but very very clear (is usually cloudy). So I hope that’s done something useful!

I was definitely having more protein than when my girls were conceived, so I feel good about that, had 2 eggs every day and I’ve been obsessed with Greek yoghurt! Also meat or fish every single day. DH did almost no cycling (I think there was one occasion) and no running. Did more weights than he normally would.

Overall I think it’s gone well, will just have to wait and see if I’m pregnant..will keep you posted! Thanks for all the help and advice, even though I’ve not posted lots I have spent many hours lurking and considering all the info on here! It’s all appreciated ❤️

successful GD sway 2021

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's good though, I'd rather see you keep trying in case of delayed ovulation. Way too many times people assume they ovulated when they didn't.

The main point of the 3 attempts at pos OPK are because a lot of people are doing timing - it's the only way to have people get 3 attempts while still doing timing! I certianly never had 3 attempts at pos OPK when I got any of my boys (and very few of us with all boys did!) I think you had great attempts, very much what I did when I got my boys, and I think you're in with a great attempt!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you 😊 yes I will keep the attempts up every other day!

successful GD sway 2021

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast