Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Dream User

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Happy Already planning a serious blue sway for October 2020!

    Hi, Iím back... already!
    Just kidding.... sorta.
    We had our first child - a baby girl - a little less than 7 weeks ago.
    She is an absolute delight and Iíll be honest that I have a tiny bit of guilt knowing that I lowkey tried to sway blue. We were team green (didnít find out sex until birth) and we honestly didnít really care, particularly because it took 8 cycles to get pregnant. We were just happy to be pregnant and have a super healthy baby. I actually think by the end, my husband had ďswitched teamsĒ and wanted a girl. Lol! Iíll never forget him announcing it was a girl, pure joy in his voice
    Anyway.
    I just walked out of my post partum checkup with my midwife and we chatted about birth control (do not plan on using any) since my husband and I are turning 37 this year and my fertility Dr told me to start trying for #2 as soon as my cycle returns. So it got me thinking of how I can really do a blue sway next time around. I really do feel like I need a chance to be a boy mom, I feel like I stink at all the girl mom things bc I am have never been overly feminine or girlie. So yea, I want to do a REAL blue sway.
    We do not plan on trying until earliest October 2020 so I am just formulating my plan of attack right now. Would a personal sway plan be the best bet? I have the generic blue sway document.... I didnít follow it to a T but I tried to lightly follow things that were natural to my diet and lifestyle.
    So my main concerns for swaying blue are:
    - my husband has low/borderline testosterone
    - I am hypothyroid so I take meds to control it
    - i plan to exclusively breastfeed for the first 6 months
    - how close together the births will be (less than 2 years)
    - our advanced ages, ha

  2. #2
    Big Dreamer
    Sora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegreyeyes View Post
    Hi, Iím back... already!
    Just kidding.... sorta.
    We had our first child - a baby girl - a little less than 7 weeks ago.
    She is an absolute delight and Iíll be honest that I have a tiny bit of guilt knowing that I lowkey tried to sway blue. We were team green (didnít find out sex until birth) and we honestly didnít really care, particularly because it took 8 cycles to get pregnant. We were just happy to be pregnant and have a super healthy baby. I actually think by the end, my husband had ďswitched teamsĒ and wanted a girl. Lol! Iíll never forget him announcing it was a girl, pure joy in his voice
    Anyway.
    I just walked out of my post partum checkup with my midwife and we chatted about birth control (do not plan on using any) since my husband and I are turning 37 this year and my fertility Dr told me to start trying for #2 as soon as my cycle returns. So it got me thinking of how I can really do a blue sway next time around. I really do feel like I need a chance to be a boy mom, I feel like I stink at all the girl mom things bc I am have never been overly feminine or girlie. So yea, I want to do a REAL blue sway.
    We do not plan on trying until earliest October 2020 so I am just formulating my plan of attack right now. Would a personal sway plan be the best bet? I have the generic blue sway document.... I didnít follow it to a T but I tried to lightly follow things that were natural to my diet and lifestyle.
    So my main concerns for swaying blue are:
    - my husband has low/borderline testosterone
    - I am hypothyroid so I take meds to control it
    - i plan to exclusively breastfeed for the first 6 months
    - how close together the births will be (less than 2 years)
    - our advanced ages, ha
    bluegreyeyes ! It has been SO long since I last saw you !!!!!!!! I'm glad to know everything went well for you and to hear about your lovely baby girl ! Will let atomic answer most of your questions as I'm afraid to say something false !

    Just some tip but for practical reasons more than anything else re: close births

    As someone who accidentally went through having children only 15 months apart, I would urge anyone NOT TO TRY unless they really don't have the time to wait or have a close-knit family ready to help in anyway. It's very tiring and draining, physically and emotionaly and don't count on the medical field to understand or empathize. They'd rather as soon push you under than support you.
    Sure the kids will be close and happy but you will still have to sacrifice precious time with your firstborn (something I'll regret all my life even though she is a very happy little girl), if only because you could be very sick or tired or in pain from the new pregnancy.
    My DD1 never seemed bored, sad or annoyed through this (though I think her speech problems may have originated from the sudden shift in our lives and the docs seem to agree on that). But I felt heavy guilt either way. Plus your DD will still be young when the second baby comes and not independant enough to manage the basics without your help. A baby's presence might encourage the older children to mature and you can see spectacular progress in their motricity but running from one to the other might tire you a lot, even worse if you are sensitive to baby blues or post-partum depression (hence why having close family to support you is essential).

    I don't want to frighten you of course, many mothers do amazingly well (though I noticed most of them have a wonderful support network) and I survived and both DDs are bright healthy little girls but if you have any chance to wait a bit more, I strongly recommend you do so. But I understand you might worry about fertility.

    For advanced age and boys, if it is of any comfort, I have a lot of women around me who had their first child at 40 and most of them had boys. I noticed it was often the women with the most athletic and healtiest lifestyles too.
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

    Dreaming of a

  3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
  4. #3
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    96,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I honestly wouldn't do much differently. Just stick with the blue sway stuff and then my hope is that the reason it took you a little while to get pregnant was because it was your first baby (this happens quite a bit, takes us a while with the first and then it's like our bodies figure it out and we have no prob. with any of the others) and the improved fertility will help your sway. I don't think it was anything you did/didn't do, just that on the whole we do see when people seem to have trouble conceiving for no apparent reason, it ends up more likely to be a girl. My hope is that the next time through, your body will be on board, you'll conceive quickly, and it will be a boy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    LOOKING FOR YOUR SWAY PLAN? Have you checked the coaching forum? It will be posted in the same place your questionnaire is! https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/completed-questionnaires-and-private-coaching-access/

    LE Diet Ideas Threads: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/54174-brand-sparkly-pink-new-diet-thread-girl-sways.html and here:https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/54926-le-diet-thread.html?highlight=le+diet+meal+ideas

    LE Diet PCOS idea thread here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/47264-le-diet-pcos.html

    PLEASE STOP SENDING ME SWAYING QUESTIONS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE. Post swaying questions in the forums ONLY.

  5. #4
    Big Dreamer
    Sora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I honestly wouldn't do much differently. Just stick with the blue sway stuff and then my hope is that the reason it took you a little while to get pregnant was because it was your first baby (this happens quite a bit, takes us a while with the first and then it's like our bodies figure it out and we have no prob. with any of the others) and the improved fertility will help your sway. I don't think it was anything you did/didn't do, just that on the whole we do see when people seem to have trouble conceiving for no apparent reason, it ends up more likely to be a girl. My hope is that the next time through, your body will be on board, you'll conceive quickly, and it will be a boy.
    Ah you worry me I had trouble to be pregnant even with the blue sway. Hope this doesn't mean I can only do pink !
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

    Dreaming of a

  6. #5
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    96,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora View Post
    Ah you worry me I had trouble to be pregnant even with the blue sway. Hope this doesn't mean I can only do pink !
    There are a lot of people who took a while to get pregnant that had boys (interestingly, particulrly when they had trouble from gaining weight like you did!). This is just an observation I've made along the way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    LOOKING FOR YOUR SWAY PLAN? Have you checked the coaching forum? It will be posted in the same place your questionnaire is! https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/completed-questionnaires-and-private-coaching-access/

    LE Diet Ideas Threads: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/54174-brand-sparkly-pink-new-diet-thread-girl-sways.html and here:https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/54926-le-diet-thread.html?highlight=le+diet+meal+ideas

    LE Diet PCOS idea thread here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/47264-le-diet-pcos.html

    PLEASE STOP SENDING ME SWAYING QUESTIONS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE. Post swaying questions in the forums ONLY.

  7. Thanks Sora thanked for this post

Similar Threads

  1. Planning future blue sway :D
    By LMSM in forum Gender Swaying General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: November 14th, 2018, 09:09 PM
  2. Newbie planning blue sway
    By antilock in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2018, 12:26 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 6th, 2017, 11:22 PM
  4. READ ME FIRST - Planning your blue sway!
    By atomic sagebrush in forum Trying to Conceive a Boy
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: November 8th, 2013, 11:52 PM
  5. Hello Everyone. planning to sway blue
    By sd2012 in forum Announcements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 19th, 2013, 01:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •