Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

A new blue sway?!!

Hi! I am back and need some help/advice as so much has changed since my last sway! I’ve got my cycle back now since the early miscarriage I had at around 6 weeks from last sway, and hubby is desperate for us to try again ASAP. I would prefer to wait a little if I’m honest (I’ll explain below) but also really wanted a closer age gap between DD3 and number 4 (currently looking at around 3.5yrs) so I don’t want to delay it for too long.

Due to the coronavirus situation I’ve been redeployed from what was a very office based job to nursing back in the emergency department, which is hectic a lot of the time! I’m on my feet for hours at a time, work shifts that change every week - will start nights next month, and there’s no way I can snack like I used to either. I also feel like I have a lot of anxiety in my current position, and all of these things I feel will sway hugely pink. I was so pleased with my last sway and felt that so much was within my control, so being in this situation now it’s difficult to say the least!

If I could, I would wait it out until I’m able to return to my office based job, however I could potentially be in the ED for 18 months and that’s far longer than I want to wait to try again 😩. So my question is.. what can I do to maximise my chances of blue given everything I’m up against? I’m continuing to take the supplements I was before, will try and test with OPKs as consistently as I can (but consistent timing of this is likely to be difficult), and will aim to get as many attempts in as we can! Any other advice would be very much appreciated! Do you think I should wait a little longer maybe?

successful GD sway 2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just do what you can do and then that's going to be ok. Even without the snacking, if you're eating more healthfully and not focusing on lowfat stuff you are still swaying blue!

Anything you can do to make sure you're getting adequate rest will be paramount.

I think when it comes to waiting, there's never an ideal month and you need to put the needs of your family first! It may very well be that getting pregnant sooner would be better anyway (letting the change in schedule and anxiety levels not have time to take much effect) Sending you all the blue dust I can muster!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply. I’m thinking of going for it next month because then I can get back on track with the diet as best I can. That’s something I can improve on. Also DH is cycling a lot more and running a little, so I was hoping to persuade him to cut back on these. Not sure I’ll have any luck, so that’s another thing stressing me! Other than that I am confident I will give it my best shot.

successful GD sway 2021

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    UPDATE: we decided to go for it last month! Got a faint positive test at 13 dpo, so I’m now around 6 weeks pregnant. I did my best with the sway, improved my diet in the little time I had, with 2 eggs every day, nuts, Greek yoghurt and 3 main meals with lots for meat. (As well as fruit and veg!). I got a positive opk at CD13 and we dtd on days 6, 8, 10, 13, 14 and 16. So probably only 2 attempts at ovulation unfortunately. DH cut out cycling and running around the time we were ttc, but cycled quite a lot in the month prior.. It also calmed down at work a lot, so I was under less stress which was good, and back in the office 2 weeks after swaying 🙄 typical! I know I’ve done my best although not a perfect sway. There would always be something I’m sure 😩.

Right now I’ve got a strong feeling it’s another girl, sore boobs early on and left sided pains, but also quite a few differences in symptoms (not that symptoms mean anything) so I don’t know. I guess I just can’t imagine being lucky enough to have my sway actually work. However this could very well be my last pregnancy and baby so I am determined to be happy and enjoy it and not focus too much on the gender. I really don’t want GD to affect how I feel about this baby. We will find out the gender at the birth and update!! Thanks for everything

successful GD sway 2021

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats!! I’ve made a due date group! Come join!

3 blue 3 pink

Due January 29th
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww thanks! Yes will join 😄

successful GD sway 2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh that's great!! Hugest congrats!! Sending you all my blue dust (and yes symptoms DO NOT predict gender! My two most similar pregnancies were my second boy and my girl, the other three, which were all boys, were totally different from each other and the other two.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes Fabby123 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BABY UPDATE!

To update, I had a baby boy yesterday!! Many many thanks for all of the support and insight on this site. I really feel like the diet changes, supplements and timing (as well as a bit of luck) contributed to my successful sway.

And as for pregnancy symptoms, left sided pain turned out to be a right sided anterior placenta 😂. A very similar pregnancy to DD2, with a few differences here and there. But after 3 pregnancies with varying differences there was no real drastic differences that made me think number 4 would be a boy. We didn’t find out the gender and are still a little shocked!

I didn’t upload my scan pics but am happy to post both 13 and 20 week US pics if that’s helpful? One of my 13 week pics has a very girly, forked nub that had me convinced it was DD4 on the way. It just goes to show nubs are not always accurate!

Anyways thanks so much for everything! DH wants baby to have a brother to play with, so may be back for a future sway in a couple of years..maybe!

successful GD sway 2021

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

13. Likes Fabby123 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads