Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Failed Attempt of IUI :((

Hey Atomic, after 3 months of letrozole ( femera) i tried iui on june 11th 2020. and i got My Af today.. i am broken now its almost 1 and a half year of trying to concieve.. in the begining i really hoping for a boy and was trying to sway..now i m hoping to get one more baby.. it feels like i will never get pregnent again :,((
    My fertility clinic suggest me to do ivf now and i dont have money for that nor i believe ivf will get me a baby coz they dont know the reason... i ovulated every month i get my periods on time my dh has good spermcounts.. i dont know what is the reason of not getting that BFP...
    Please help me..or suggest me anything i m 40 years old if its my age and egg quality what can i do for that??
    is ther anything any supplement i can take?? or should i stop trying???

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GM2 - didn't we figure out that some of the months you were having attempts way too early? So some of those months you were not even in with a good try. We have also had several people who inexplicably did not get pregnant with Femara, and IUI is not that high a pregnancy rate either.

There is a saying "to the little boy with a hammer, everything he sees looks like a nail that needs to be pounded" And to the IVF doctor everyone they meet desperately needs IVF. But we have TONS of people on this site who were told to do IVF and couldn't, and many many others who (just as you say) went through IVF and still didn't get pregnant and end up having to try again naturally anyway.

IVF is a funny thing because they basically have you stop trying for months to do all this testing and medication in the hopes that you will have this one month where they can coax you into making lots of eggs. But the older we get, we can't make that many eggs anyway. Our bodies don't respond well to the medication. We are still perfectly capable of chugging along making one or two eggs a month (and even if not every egg in every month is good, we will still make good eggs part of the time, even if it's just one good egg a year, but more likely 3, 4, or 6) but we can't make huge numbers of eggs and that is what is required for IVF to succeed. So people end up taking all these months to do IVF and then have nothing to show for it. For women over 38 or so I truly, truly believe you are better off just continuing to try than doing IVF (unless you would use donor eggs)

If there was a magic egg quality supplement I would be having you guys all take it. That having been said I am inclined to have you try DHEA (as long as you are not breastfeeding and do not have any medical issues or taking medication that could interfere with it) I normally do not recommend this without testing of your DHEA levels but if we were to take a very low dose, say 25 mg daily, started right away and continued till BFP and then gradually weaned off, I think it may help.

That your husband's sperm health is good and your cycle is regular is a great sign that this will still happen for you guys.

Are you taking any other supplements?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Girls Mom 2 liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    GM2 - didn't we figure out that some of the months you were having attempts way too early? So some of those months you were not even in with a good try. We have also had several people who inexplicably did not get pregnant with Femara, and IUI is not that high a pregnancy rate either.

There is a saying "to the little boy with a hammer, everything he sees looks like a nail that needs to be pounded" And to the IVF doctor everyone they meet desperately needs IVF. But we have TONS of people on this site who were told to do IVF and couldn't, and many many others who (just as you say) went through IVF and still didn't get pregnant and end up having to try again naturally anyway.

IVF is a funny thing because they basically have you stop trying for months to do all this testing and medication in the hopes that you will have this one month where they can coax you into making lots of eggs. But the older we get, we can't make that many eggs anyway. Our bodies don't respond well to the medication. We are still perfectly capable of chugging along making one or two eggs a month (and even if not every egg in every month is good, we will still make good eggs part of the time, even if it's just one good egg a year, but more likely 3, 4, or 6) but we can't make huge numbers of eggs and that is what is required for IVF to succeed. So people end up taking all these months to do IVF and then have nothing to show for it. For women over 38 or so I truly, truly believe you are better off just continuing to try than doing IVF (unless you would use donor eggs)

If there was a magic egg quality supplement I would be having you guys all take it. That having been said I am inclined to have you try DHEA (as long as you are not breastfeeding and do not have any medical issues or taking medication that could interfere with it) I normally do not recommend this without testing of your DHEA levels but if we were to take a very low dose, say 25 mg daily, started right away and continued till BFP and then gradually weaned off, I think it may help.

That your husband's sperm health is good and your cycle is regular is a great sign that this will still happen for you guys.

Are you taking any other supplements?
    Thank you soo much atomic you always make me feel better.. i was soo desperate and disappointed that i couldnt even think straight. yes you r right in the begining some months my attempts were too early..then this fertility clinic visits starts and i start thinking i m doing right on time with ovidrel shots.. still not getting bfp.. anyways.. Now they call me again tomorrow for ultradound n bloodwork tomorrow is my day 4. i am thinking to stop femera coz i am scared of the side effects also i m ovulating everymonth by my own.. i will Not go with another iui either i wanna try naturally as u said.. DHEA i dont know about it???
    I was taking probiotics..vitamin D3 and prenatals but last 3 months i stopped as they told me to take only prenatals with femera.
    Now you tell me what should i take i m still taking prenatals but should i start probiotics and all other supps ??? also what about CoQ10???

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, that is very silly advice of them to give you because neither probiotics nor Vit. D would interfere with your IUI rounds and might have helped (especially the Vit. D. :/)

DHEA is a natural hormone that can improve egg quality. Our DHEA levels naturally drop as we age and so some women 40+ can benefit from it. Too high a dose can raise testosterone so we would take only a very low dose.

Coq10 is also fine to add in at 400 mg daily till BFP, then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop them.

If you're ovulating every month I'm ok with you giving it a try without the Femara to see if it was having any negative effects.

Is hubby doing the arginine and carnitine?

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, that is very silly advice of them to give you because neither probiotics nor Vit. D would interfere with your IUI rounds and might have helped (especially the Vit. D. :/)

DHEA is a natural hormone that can improve egg quality. Our DHEA levels naturally drop as we age and so some women 40+ can benefit from it. Too high a dose can raise testosterone so we would take only a very low dose.

Coq10 is also fine to add in at 400 mg daily till BFP, then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop them.

If you're ovulating every month I'm ok with you giving it a try without the Femara to see if it was having any negative effects.

Is hubby doing the arginine and carnitine?
    No hubby is just taking multivitamin a day.
    today was my cycle monitoring day 4 and they start femera again for this cycle.i said No to another IUI. i am starting vitamin D and probiotics again with prenatals.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you think we could convince him to take 500 mg arginine daily and 1000 mg carnitine??

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you think we could convince him to take 500 mg arginine daily and 1000 mg carnitine??
    these are for what exactly?? if i give him a good explanation may be we can convince

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They will improve sperm health and count. Even though he already has good sperm health, they seem to make the sperm more energetic and better at fertilizing the egg. Will also sway blue!

11. Likes Girls Mom 2 liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They will improve sperm health and count. Even though he already has good sperm health, they seem to make the sperm more energetic and better at fertilizing the egg. Will also sway blue!
    ohkkk i will definately try to convence him..how long he needs to take also i m cd 5 today i start bd cd7 then everyother day and then 3 attempts.. i start brisk walking 3 miles daily can i continue this after attempts as well???

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Till you conceive, then have him wean off. If he notices any side effects we can either reduce dose to every other day or wean off completely.

Yes exercise is great for fertility and that is not too intense. It may be more pink friendly, though. If you are concerned about that I'd keep it to 4-5 days a week max

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast