Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Advice please :)

Hello ladies

So my dh was away for two weeks giving a long abstain. On CD 10 he released in the morning via using protection. Sorry for the tmi. Later that morning I got what may have been a positive opk! On CD10! I normally get a positive on cd 12/13 or 14. So this was very unusual for me and assumed it was just getting darker and not a real positive. We didn’t dtd.

So this month basically got wasted because we missed the three vital days. I was waiting for the strips to turn positive and they just got lighter instead. So may be cd 10 was the positive��*♀️

So my question here is after a long abstain and releasing via protection in the morning and then dtd as normal in the evening still considered an attempt after an abstain??? Or does that morning release get rid of the ‘old sperm’. Because for ttc boy I know abstain is a no no.

Second question if you happen to miss dtd on positive opk day do you still dtd the next following days anyway? Or will that not allow for enough attempts because attempts would only take place the following night onwards? So confused.

I hope this makes sense. I’m currently CD13 should I start making some attempts or not?
    Last edited by Pray4blue; August 4th, 2020 at 07:43 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes unfortunately the sperm would still have been negatively affected by the abstain. A long abstain like that can have ill effects on sperm in development and it would take a few releases 2-4 days apart to get it all sorted out again.

I would very much hesitate to start attempts as late as the day after positive OPK. The risk is that you would get only one attempt in before ovulation happened, and then that would be the dreaded one attempt that sways pink. So to me it's not worth the risk for you guys to start now. If you are going to ovulate CD 13/14 you could easily be in with just one attempt.

But I DO think you may want to keep testing in case your ovulation is just delayed this month and you'll have another surge and ovulate in a few days.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ because if you do have another surge in a few days then you CAN have attempts, if that makes sense, because you won't be starting too soon
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ