Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did I ruin my sway by bding?? I really hope I didn't!! I use the premom app and it says "low chance of getting pregnant." Is the week before ovulation "pink" territory? really hope I didn't ruin my sway!!
    Last edited by dollbear; September 20th, 2020 at 07:46 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. Timing doesn't sway. It doesn't work at all, and most of us with all boys got our boys BD a LOT during that week. It's just that many people do still want Shettles timing, even though it's been completely debunked.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I thought I messed up by letting hubby release inside. What are the chances of a getting pregnant from that one BD? My period ended 3-4 days ago. I think we'll BD today and tomorrow (for fun) and do pull out then abstain until Friday, cause that's when I'm expected to be most fertile and ovulation will be either the 28th or 29th (sometime around then) and we will BD everyday until October 1st. Does this sound good for a boy sway?
    Last edited by dollbear; September 20th, 2020 at 03:30 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're a week before ovulation your chances are none.

That having been said, sometimes it is possible to ovulate early, and so you can't use when your period stopped as a guideline (that is what I did with DS 1 and got a boy even though it seemed impossible since I'd just been on my period!) i still think it's a pretty long shot for you though.

What you describe sounds great for blue!!! FXFXFX and blue dust headed your way!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for all your wisdom! I will keep you updated.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again atomic, so bding did not go as planned. I never got a chance to have the big O so far. I ran out of lh tests and the premom app didn't predict my peak yet. I thought it did but it keeps changing up on me. Right now I'm getting high lh results so I know peak is close by. Ovulation day might be today or tomorrow.

I know that sperm can last up to 5 days in the body, and X sperm is slower to reach the egg, so does this mean the X sperm has a better chance of reaching the egg than the Y sperm because they don't die off as quick? We've BD the last 3 days so far 1x a day. I'm concerned that I messed up my sway by not having O's and starting to bding too soon in the fertile window.
    Last edited by dollbear; September 28th, 2020 at 05:49 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just because scientists have retrieved sperm that was alive 5 days after sex, it doesn't mean that sperm could fertilize an egg. Scientists have shown pretty definitively that most babies are actually conceived within a 3 day window of O-2 through O Day, with a smaller minority being conceived on O-3. The chances of sex O-4 is one in 1000, O-5 is one in 10,000, and O-6 is 1 in 100,000.

X sperm is NOT slower. That idea is completely debunked. Over 30 years ago a scientist named Dr. Shettles looked through a microscope and decided that because he saw big and small sperm, they must be X and Y. But he was completely wrong. What he saw were capacitated sperm that were ready to fertilize an egg (these are small and fast and don't live very long), and uncapacitated sperm (they are slow, big, and live a while). It had nothing to do with X and Y sperm, which are about the same size, swim the same speed, and live the same amount of time. All this idea of timing was based on this mistake. It has all been debunked.

Keep having sex. You haven't messed up your sway. Most of us with all boys did exactly as you describe.

9. Thanks dollbear thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic, so I did get a BFP since 8dpo. I've been testing every morning with fmu. Lines have been getting darker and increasing. Today after using the bathroom, I had some light bleeding. I believe today will be 12dpo for me. Test is still positive, breasts are still sore too, could it be implantation bleeding or miscarriage? I don't know what to think. Thanks.
    Last edited by dollbear; October 11th, 2020 at 05:50 PM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Just because scientists have retrieved sperm that was alive 5 days after sex, it doesn't mean that sperm could fertilize an egg. Scientists have shown pretty definitively that most babies are actually conceived within a 3 day window of O-2 through O Day, with a smaller minority being conceived on O-3. The chances of sex O-4 is one in 1000, O-5 is one in 10,000, and O-6 is 1 in 100,000.

X sperm is NOT slower. That idea is completely debunked. Over 30 years ago a scientist named Dr. Shettles looked through a microscope and decided that because he saw big and small sperm, they must be X and Y. But he was completely wrong. What he saw were capacitated sperm that were ready to fertilize an egg (these are small and fast and don't live very long), and uncapacitated sperm (they are slow, big, and live a while). It had nothing to do with X and Y sperm, which are about the same size, swim the same speed, and live the same amount of time. All this idea of timing was based on this mistake. It has all been debunked.

Keep having sex. You haven't messed up your sway. Most of us with all boys did exactly as you describe.

Atomic you are a great teacher and guide!!!
    May things go very well for you.

I read this thread and more, and the patience with which you give replies is awesome. May God bless you!!!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no I only just now saw this, any update?

Bleeding in early pregnancy is super common. Implantation bleeding would generally be earlier on so this may be just some unrelated bleeding. This doesn't mean your pregnancy is ending, though. In many cases of early bleeding, it resolves and you go on to have a healthy pregnancy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast