Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie here ttc boy in September

Hi everyone, I recently discovered this website/forum.

I am ttc a boy in September after positive opk. I'm expected to ovulate at the beginning of September. I want to give myself the best chance at conceiving a boy. I already have an 8 year old little girl. I am 33 years old and husband is 35.

Here are some things I've been doing to prepare:
    I've been taking a prenatal multi vitamin

Prenatal dha fish oil

Exercising 4-5 times a week, I do hiit / treadmill running/jogging

I've also been trying to lose some weight because I am overweight. I've lost about 8 lbs but can't seem to lose more. I don't want to have gestational diabetes during pregnancy. This is why I've been trying to lose weight.

I am on thyroid medication for hypothyroidism. 50mcg a everyday. My thyroid is under control.

I drink occasionally, just about 1 glass of wine here and there. Not every week either.

For my diet, I've been doing intermittent fasting, but no results really. But before I try to conceive baby boy, I will start eating breakfast, most likely cereal or eggs, toast, fruits, things of that sort. Also will be eating bananas everyday.

Lunch is typically left overs of the previous nights dinner. Usually some type of protein, vegetable and carb.

Dinner would be about the same.

Now about husband:
    He drinks often, almost everyday. We are quarantining, so nothing much else to do. But it's usually one drink or two. Nothing major.

He doesn't smoke. He's very healthy. Works out almost everyday, some days are more strenuous, we do hiit exercises together.

He takes a cinnamon vitamin sometimes, but not always.

We try to dtd once a week or more but our daughter doesn't allow us to.

Based on what I've mentioned, what do I need to change for us to conceive a boy in September? How often should we dtd? Does husband need to release more often? How often? How to increase our chances of conceiving a boy?

Thank you in advance!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!! Glad you found us!

What multivitamin are you taking and what is the dose on the fish oil?

Losing large mounts of weight is probably not going to be best for your sway anyway (and can be tough with thyroid issues). Keep going with the exercise and try to hold steady on weight - you will end up growing muscle and being fitter and healthier (less likely to have gestational diabetes) even at the same weight.

Bananas do NOTHING for blue sways. They're just empty carbs and they don't even have much potassium in them. Please do not "spend" your calories on bananas. find other fruit and veg that has lots of potassium in addition to other healthy nutrients that will help your blue sway.

Toast is ok at times but is quite carby. I would try, whenever possible, to always be choosing the options that are the most nutrient dense. That way you won't be gaining weight on things like bananas and bread which really don't help your sway that much!

A drink or two from hubby daily is ok.

I would have him avoid cinnamon as we don't know how it sways for hubbies (and it sways pink when women take it!)

We need to have your husband start releasing on his own or with you, with some type of non-spermicide protection, every 2-4 days. This will ensure he has a lot of healthy sperm. and that helps your blue sway.

Do you want to include timing or are you ok skipping that (it doesn't work!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for replying!! I'm taking Nordic naturals prenatal dha, which has 830mg total of dha and Emerald labs prenatal it has 864 mcg of folic acid or 216% of daily dose of Folate. It's a great all natural prenatal vitamin that agrees with me and gentle on my stomach unlike others I've tried.

I do whole wheat toast, not white toast.

Husband and I have been trying to dtd more often lately for him to release more often.

So timing doesn't work? That's what I was planning to go on. What do you suggest? I've been tracking ovulation as well using opk. So should we dtd 12 hrs after peak, next morning and that same night? Do I have the big O?

Again, thanks for helping!
    Last edited by dollbear; August 9th, 2020 at 02:38 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that is too much DHA, I'd have you take that every other day. Too much DHA has caused side effects and may even be swaying pink by lowering cholesterol.

it is your call to make of course but I cannot recommend the Emerald Labs prenatal. It has sky high doses of nutrients which simply is not safe and may even sway pink by messing up your hormones, not to mention lots of additional ingredients some of which we believe sway pink, others we are not sure how they sway or if they're even safe.

Even if it's wheat toast it can be quite carby. it's ok to have it, my concern is more that you already do have some extra weight it's going to be calories that really aren't super nutritionally dense and may contribute to weight gain (since it's easy to gain weight on a blue diet anyway)

Timing doesn't work, but as long as you have at least 3 attempts in the fertile window I'm ok with you guys using it. Night of positive OPK, the next morning and following night (2x on that second day), then one more day after, then every other day for a couple go rounds. That way you're protected against delayed ovulation.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes and Big O if you can, but I know a lot of us can't have that many Big O's in a row. It's ok if you can only do one or two, not one every time

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no! The prenatal isn't good?! I am so sad to hear that cause I've been through about 3 or 4 different prenatals (some expensive and really well known brands too) before finding this one that agrees with me. I started taking 2 dha fish oils a day but I will scale it back to just 1.

I'm just torn about the prenatal now. I don't want to go back to searching for one. Also, I prefer the all natural vitamins as opposed to the synthetic ingredients in some vitamins, its easier for my body to process. It's also just 1 a day instead of 3 or 4 vitamins per day like some brands require.

Would it be ok if I continued it or should I discontinue taking it? What if I took it every other day instead?
    Last edited by dollbear; August 9th, 2020 at 03:00 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All I can tell you is that I do not recommend those ones. I can't tell you if it's good for your sway or for your health, just that I have seen lots of negative consequences when people took high doses and herbal components such as really messing up their menstrual cycle and having opposites.

I would LOVE it if people made a natural supplement (and Nature Made is ok, though I'm not sure it's really that "natural") that only had 100% of nutrients and did not have the herbs crammed in there. But most of the natural supplements have tons of crap in them unfortunately.

your call to make, I'm just letting you know my concerns.

Every other day doesn't work because some of that stuff is water soluble. so you'd get lots the one day (and your body would pee most of it out) and then the next day you'd get a massive dose. Daily or not at all with that one.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the advice and reply, I will keep them in mind. Will keep you posted on my sway 🙂

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! Good luck and tons of blue dust headed your way!! Let me know if I can help!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic, I am 14dpo, no af yet. During my 2ww, I've had back ache, sore boobs, headache and cramping almost everyday. On Friday night after using the bathroom, I wiped and there was light pink blood on the toilet paper. It looked like watered down blood. After wiping a couple times, it went away. Today after using the bathroom again, in the toilet was 2 pieces of brown specs of blood, very small pieces. I've taken multiple pregnancy tests, hcg strips and first response tests, all have come back negative. Today I have that feeling as if my period is suppose to come, lots of cramping and just that "feeling" of my period coming soon. I'm not sure why I haven't gotten a BFP yet. Was that implantation bleeding I had or was it the beginning of my period? I really feel as if I am pregnant because of the way I've been feeling everyday. I could really use your help. Thanks!

Edited: so I am experiencing some type of bleeding today with cramps, backache, kinda like how I would feel when I get my period. It's light pink again and not alot, only when I wipe. I'm not sure if it's AF or implantation. ��
    Last edited by dollbear; September 13th, 2020 at 01:18 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast