Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Advice on blue sway

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the LONG post, but I’m finally beginning my blue sway this week and I’m super excited!!
    I’m starting the HE diet this week and in about 7-8 weeks time, we will begin our attempts.

I would love your opinions/advice on my sway!!

My supps
    Women’s Multi daily
    Folic Acid x2 daily (500mg per tablet, in addition to 500 that’s already in my multi)
    Vitamin D 1000 IU daily (in addition to 400 IU in multi)
    Iron 24mg (every 3 days - bloodwork showed low iron levels a few months ago - should I continue this? Multi also contains 5mg)
    Fish oil 1000mg (every 2nd day)
    Probiotic daily

DH supps
    Centrum Adults 50+ multi daily
    Vitamin D 1000 IU daily
    Fish oil 1000mg (every 2nd day)
    Probiotic daily
    He takes antihistamines occasionally for terrible allergies - should we stop this? Should he do Guaifenesin whenever he takes the antihistamines?

DH has a decent diet, but drinks 1-2 iced coffees a day. He eats lots of red meat and drinks a smoothie everyday with me. He has stopped smoking cigarettes and hookah as of a few weeks ago. Doesn’t drink alcohol.

Diet
    Breakfast - how soon do I need to eat after waking up?
    3-4 times a week overnight oats in Greek yoghurt with toppings such as banana, almond spread, maple syrup, roasted coconut flakes, walnuts and dates
    1-2 times a week avocado and egg on toast with a banana and tea
    1-2 times a week big breakfast (eggs, bacon, mushrooms, spinach, hashbrowns, cheeses, tomatoes and toast)

Morning snack
    Smoothie (with kale or spinach, mixed berries, other seasonal fruits such as cherries, açai, pineapple, kiwi, mango, avocado, all frozen) coconut oil and coconut water. Will occasionally add brewers yeast.
    Handful of almonds and walnuts

Lunch options
    Dinner leftovers in a wrap/sandwich
    Loaded beef salad with range of veggies, herbs and a carby dressing or a side of sweet potato fries

Afternoon snack options
    String cheese and fruit
    Carrots and celery with dip
    Corn chips with guac and salsa
    2 boiled eggs or handful of nuts With v8 juice

Will have another black tea an hour or so before dinner, sometimes with an oatmeal cookie

Dinner options
    Red meat 5x a week(mostly slow cooked beef or lamb cooked w olive or avocado oil) with variety of veggies always garlic and onion and sides of beans, rice, potatoes or pasta
    Eat out once a week (burger and fries, pizza, Chinese, Mexican, Italian)
    Chicken or vegetarian dinner once a week

Night snack
    Cheerios and full cream milk (should I do a different cereal?)

Whenever I get a sweet craving, I’ll have dark chocolate or a bit of candy like gummy bears.

I drink plenty of water throughout the day (about 2 glasses with every meal) and will try to make some of my water intake lemon water.

I feel my blood sugar level drop if I don’t eat every 1.5-2hrs so that‘s why I’m trying to eat so often but because I’m overweight, I want to try and keep each of these meals/snacks in small portions. Is that okay?

Exercise
    I’m currently walking for 30min x4-5 a week and want to continue that to avoid excessive weight gain. I’ll also be doing a 15min arm workout daily because my arms are fat and I’d like to tone them.

Sleep
    My beautiful DD is the best sleeper so I always get my 7-8 hours a night.
    DH does shift work so sometimes works overnight/sleeps in the day. Would this have any effect on our sway?

Attempts

My cycle is always like clockwork and has been since before we had DD too. But I will use OPKs to pinpoint ovulation. DH and I are aiming for 3 attempts (night before O, O morning and O night).

We plan on BDing protected every 2-4 days from now. Maybe a few unprotected during the month we start attempts. But prior to now, we’ve rarely BD’d (probably 1-3 a month since our daughter was born 21 months ago!)

I know it’s A LOT, I just want to give accurate info and hopefully receive some feedback from all of you lovely ladies

Thank you in advance! xoxo

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good Luck to you ) sending blue dust!
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your sway plan sounds a lot like mine which lead to a success ! Blue dust! I'm excited to see how it
    Goes for
    You!

-Continue the iron
    -Frequent eating is great, constantly snacking.
    -I think you should cut your walks down to 2-3x a week and add in more weights. -3-4 times a week do full arms (biceps, shoulders, triceps) and throw in some squats, they activate lots of muscle groups.

About the BD- atomic really helped me see that unprotected and frequent BD was a big distinguisher in a lot of blue successes... I know that's scary, but watch your cycle and just BD unprotected away from ovulation, take a break (altnerate release for hubby) and then continue to BD again.
    DD 2017

Successful blue sway May 2019:

Successful blue sway December 2021

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by treens View Post
    Good Luck to you ) sending blue dust!
    Thank you!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tali.kah View Post
    Your sway plan sounds a lot like mine which lead to a success ! Blue dust! I'm excited to see how it
    Goes for
    You!

-Continue the iron
    -Frequent eating is great, constantly snacking.
    -I think you should cut your walks down to 2-3x a week and add in more weights. -3-4 times a week do full arms (biceps, shoulders, triceps) and throw in some squats, they activate lots of muscle groups.

About the BD- atomic really helped me see that unprotected and frequent BD was a big distinguisher in a lot of blue successes... I know that's scary, but watch your cycle and just BD unprotected away from ovulation, take a break (altnerate release for hubby) and then continue to BD again.
    Thank you for your advice! And it’s reassuring to know that it sounds like your successful sway

I will incorporate some more unprotected BDing into our sway from now, away from ovulation.

Did you take guaifenesin a few days before ovulation? I’m considering that too. And do you have any advice for DH taking antihistamines?

Thanks again!

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for your patience!

1)Yes continue the iron because that is not even 100% of iron in your multivitamin!

2)If he needs antihistamines he should take them. Go ahead and try the guaifenesin with the antihistamine, but if it makes his nose run a lot more then he will have to stop

3)Stopping smoking is the most important thing, a little coffee is no biggie as long as he stays away from the tobacco!

4)Breakfast as soon as you can stand it.

5)Diet looking great!! Have whatever cereal you like, doesn't have to be Cheerios!

6)Dark choc only, no gummy bears

7)Yes it's fine to eat small amounts, in fact please do!

8)It's very common for those who have girls to not have sex very much. But this is a great thing to change!! Just do your best to have sex more often!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes Tali.kah liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    thanks for your patience!

1)Yes continue the iron because that is not even 100% of iron in your multivitamin!

2)If he needs antihistamines he should take them. Go ahead and try the guaifenesin with the antihistamine, but if it makes his nose run a lot more then he will have to stop

3)Stopping smoking is the most important thing, a little coffee is no biggie as long as he stays away from the tobacco!

4)Breakfast as soon as you can stand it.

5)Diet looking great!! Have whatever cereal you like, doesn't have to be Cheerios!

6)Dark choc only, no gummy bears

7)Yes it's fine to eat small amounts, in fact please do!

8)It's very common for those who have girls to not have sex very much. But this is a great thing to change!! Just do your best to have sex more often!

Thank you for your advice Atomic! It’s all going great and according to plan so far
    We’re going on a weekend trip with some friends 2 weeks before the date we’re planning our first attempts. It’s only for a weekend but there will be lots of swimming, sun and there may be some drinking and DH may smoke a bit of hookah while we’re away. I do plan on sticking to the HE diet that weekend as much as possible. Any advice? Should I insist that DH doesn’t smoke?

We’re also in the process of house hunting and may potentially be purchasing our first home during our sway. Would the pressures or mental state during this process have any effect on our sway?

Thanks again

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would try to keep him from smoking if at all possible.

The type of stress you get from buying a new home would only sway blue anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I would try to keep him from smoking if at all possible.

The type of stress you get from buying a new home would only sway blue anyway.
    Thank you atomic! I’ll try to convince him to avoid smoking that weekend.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post