Thread: Close age gap

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Close age gap

In your experience ladies does a close age gap sway more towards pink, it’s just something someone said to me and everyone I know who have a close age gap between previous child has a girl after so ira playing on my mind as my DD is 13 months and I would like to TTC a boy sway soon x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know Atomic has said before that it can sway pink but it really depends. I remember her saying something about how boy moms may be more fertile (which sways blue) and thus able to have babies back to back. For some people though, having pregnancies close together can really drain your body of nutrients, especially if breastfeeding which lowers the maternal condition and some people are also not very fertile after having a baby. I'm sure Atomic can explain this way better than I can. lol

Personally, I had DS1 then got pregnant with DS2 when he was only a year old. We tried for baby #3 when DS2 was 1.5 years and got pregnant right off the bat (though it didn't stick). I know a lady IRL that has four boys, all pretty much one right after the other. She'd have one then be pregnant again by the time her youngest was only 9 months old or so. She was breastfeeding too and would get pregnant on the first try.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    I know Atomic has said before that it can sway pink but it really depends. I remember her saying something about how boy moms may be more fertile (which sways blue) and thus able to have babies back to back. For some people though, having pregnancies close together can really drain your body of nutrients, especially if breastfeeding which lowers the maternal condition and some people are also not very fertile after having a baby. I'm sure Atomic can explain this way better than I can. lol

Personally, I had DS1 then got pregnant with DS2 when he was only a year old. We tried for baby #3 when DS2 was 1.5 years and got pregnant right off the bat (though it didn't stick). I know a lady IRL that has four boys, all pretty much one right after the other. She'd have one then be pregnant again by the time her youngest was only 9 months old or so. She was breastfeeding too and would get pregnant on the first try.
    Thank you for your response, yeah I have been doing some research online it does seem to sway a bit hence my concern as I am breastfeeding my DD who is 13 mornths.

I have DS in 2013
    DD 2016
    DD2019
    So hoping for a DS for my little boy to have a brother but worried me breastfeeding and so close after my DD will sway favourable more pink

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It does sway pink but for me personally ive always had small age gaps and still had 6 boys.
    B,G,B,B,B,G,G,B,B our biggest age gap is 19 months, our smallest age gap is 13 months and thats between DS2 and DS3.
    now 6blue5pink

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    It does sway pink but for me personally ive always had small age gaps and still had 6 boys.
    B,G,B,B,B,G,G,B,B our biggest age gap is 19 months, our smallest age gap is 13 months and thats between DS2 and DS3.
    Oh wow amazing you must be a supermum honestly hats off to you. Anything differnt you did or noticed when you had your DS. I don’t have my period yet due to the breastfeeding despite being 13 months pp which I worry might play a big part. Xx

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Londongirl1990 View Post
    Oh wow amazing you must be a supermum honestly hats off to you. Anything differnt you did or noticed when you had your DS. I don’t have my period yet due to the breastfeeding despite being 13 months pp which I worry might play a big part. Xx

I didnt sway at all for the boys, the first 4 were multiple bd throughout the month but the last 2 were both 1 attempt. I think we're just more set for blue to be honest! I dont breastfeed either so maybe theres something to that? But then i conceived my 3 girls also without breastfeeding. Good Luck and sending you blue dust xx
    now 6blue5pink

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It sways pink. The OUTCOME depends. When people ask me "does this sway" you expect to be able to then look around at people you know and see that in the population. I know a lot of people have a hard time buying this swaying when they've seen kids of both genders conceived with close spacing.

But anecdotal observation does not work in the case of child spacing and breastfeeding because there are a lot of thing that come into play - chief among them, your overall fertility. We believe that the reason why child spacing and breastfeeding both sway is because your body has natural birth control mechanisms that suppress your ability to get pregnant without removing it totally, and these effects are what may sway (or are a result of whatever sways).

So when it comes to close child spacing, some people are fertile again right after they have a baby. Even if they're breastfeeding, they can get pregnant right off the bat. (often they are eating a lot, have a bit of extra weight on them, are getting more rest) These people may be more likely to have boys than the overall population, even IF the close child spacing and breastfeeding was swaying pink. Someone who was 80% likely to have a boy, who ends up 60% likely to have a boy, will STILL be having more boys, even if they were doing something that swayed strongly pink.

Other people can't get pregnant for a while after having a baby. With or without breastfeeding. Some people (most of whom are breastfeeding) end up going even as much as 18-24 months not conceiving, because their natural birth control mechanisms are working hard and suppressing pregnancy completely. IF they'd been able to conceive, they probably would have had more girls, but they weren't. We don't see these babies in the population because they were never conceived!

So all this can trick people into thinking "that can't be true because I know someone who got a boy with a close spacing" even though close spacing and breastfeeding sways pink. It is just that the most fertile people are both more likely to have boys and also more likely to get pregnant easier, so it's hard to spot in the general population.

Long story short, you can get a boy or a girl even with close spacing, but for best results you'll wait at least 12 months. Ideally I would have you wait more like 18 but if you're not breastfeeding, in particular you can try sooner.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Londongirl1990 View Post

If you don't have your period back you would not be able to conceive anyway of course. But since your cycle has not yet returned I'd try waiting till the 18 month mark.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If you don't have your period back you would not be able to conceive anyway of course. But since your cycle has not yet returned I'd try waiting till the 18 month mark.
    Thank you Atomic, would you say my fertility is suppressed purely on the fact that I haven’t got my period back. As otherwise weight wise I am the heaviest I ever been at 68kg as I am hungrier all the tiem etx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes exactly so I would consider waiting if you can.