Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help is anyone familiar with Premom fertility tracker??

Currently using the Premom App to help with Possible ovulation dates. I’m on CD 12 today. I won’t be Ttc until end of December (CD 1 is around 21st December). Is anyone familiar with the opk tests that you upload on Premom app. I’ve be tracking and see a possible peak day.

I didn’t get any high days, I’m not sure if that’s something we should get.. I was told a lot of people
    have higher peak numbers such as 1.3-1.7 range. Mine shows a peak at just 0.83.

Cd 9, 10 and 11 I got a lot of EWCM and bloating. The usual pre ovulation symptoms.

Today however I haven’t got much EWCM I still feel the pinching type of pain in the lower right region and slightly crampy!

I’m just wanting to find out if I am to Ttc in my next cycle, what days would be idea for me to BD. Bearing in mind I have no issues with timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by afya1; December 4th, 2020 at 12:46 PM.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The phone apps are JUNK. I really really wish you guys would not use them. The stuff the Premom app is calling "high" and "peak" does not correspond with the commonly used terms used by the Clearblue and fertility monitors. This creates endless amounts of confusion on here, and these phone apps are responsible for hundreds if not thousands of unwanted pregnancies if not even more people who want to get pregnant and aren't conceiving based on the bad guidelines the phone apps are setting out.

If you look at the test before and after that, they are pretty much the same darkness, and yet the app has these classed as "low" fertility. That is NONSENSE because if you really did have your first positive on CD 11 at 11;39 pm I can assure you you were fertile on CD 10, highly fertile later in the day on CD 11, and also highly fertile on CD 12. That is NOT how fertility monitors work at all, and the app is grossly misusing the terms "high" and "peak".

Literally, I cannot even with these apps. They are absolutely utterly terrible. I find their very existence enraging. Whoever made them did absolutely no research before creating them and they are actively hurting women to make money.

So to answer your question aside from the app - Let's operate under the assumption that CD 11 really is your first positive OPK (but do keep in mind it's possible to have a false positive) In that case, I'd have attempts CD 11 (night) CD 12 - probably O Day (morning and night) CD 13 (night) and then go to every other day after that.

BUT if you regularly have 28 day cycles, the more likely scenario is that you will actually O CD 14 instead so in that case, keeping in mind your cycles are usually predictable, I'd do the same thing but also have another attempt CD 14 (and would skip the CD 12 morning) before going to every other day.

OPK (even aside from the apps) are not very precise, unfortunately. Of course, neither is relying on past cycles, since cycles can change when swaying. So just keep in mind our actual endgame, regardless of "highs" and "peaks" and cycle days, is that we want to be in with at least 3 attempts just before the egg is due to arrive. You may need to take both the OPK AND your regular cycle into account, just keep in the back of your mind that they both can be wrong!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks babygirlwishing thanked for this post
    Likes Dina N liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you so much for knocking some sense into me! I always heavily rely on my own bodily signs and I have been using the CB monitor. I ended up testing late in this cycle. I have a 29 day cycle, with the CB monitor I was suppose to start testing on CD 9 as stated in the instructions but I ended up testing on
    CD 12 and got and it was a low fertile day.
    last cycle i got my first Peak on the CB monitor on CD15. I know each cycle is diff.

I was soooo confused and beside myself when I saw the Premoms “low” fertile day. It’s soo obvious the lines are pretty dark and about the same!!

With my last light boy sway. I was concentrating on ways to increase chances of conception and the BD pattern I kept as advised by you was:
    Every 2-4 days after Af and then I went for O-4 O-2 O-1 the day of OPK, ( we couldn’t make the next morning Bd) but we managed the next night once again.....
    Last edited by afya1; December 4th, 2020 at 09:57 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No not at all, it's not you, why would anyone doubt in these apps that tons of people are using?? But they are just TERRIBLE and are really throwing the spanner in the works for tons of people TTC right now.

Use the Clearblue instead, just start a bit sooner if possible.

I'm all in favor of BD every 2-4 days early on in the cycle if you're able to do that! just be sure hubby is able to roll with the attempts in the fertile window. I'm fine with you hitting it about the same frequency as the last itme if it is doable for you.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Generally speaking DH and I DTD every 2-4/5ish days. BD-ing that many times isn’t out of the ordinary for us.

When I conceived my DS after AF I had DH release after 4 days as we got closer to my fertile days we switched to 2 days and soon as I got my peak on CB we did the night of opk and the next night again. I already had the previous BDs and all the whole time DH released inside.

I hope it works this time!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic, there was one thing that I wasn’t sure about. I’m guessing it’s just an approximate time frame but many diff articles state diff time frames with how long an egg can live upto or is viable after ovulation. Some state 12-24hours and some 12-48 hours. I was just curious to know why there’s such a difference.

Let’s say I get a peak smiley on my CB opk on CD 12, this means that I could ovulate within the next 12-24 hours or maybe upto 48 hours? The Opks just indicate ovulation is close by, they aren’t telling us ovulation is happening correct?

Last edited by afya1; December 10th, 2020 at 09:37 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What you have to understand when you see that "how long eggs live" guide is that it was NEVER intended as a method for helping people get pregnant. What that guideline was meant for is PREVENTING pregnancy. So it's basically the hypothetical time that an egg could theoretically live under completely ideal circumstances (based on in vitro circumstances and not the more harsh environment that is often present in the reproductive tract) so people can avoid having sex when they're fertile. In the real world, NO EGGS are actually living 2 days after ovulation and in fact most of the time, they may not even live the full 12 hours. Even if they do live longer, it doesn't mean they are healthy and able to be fertilized after that point.

The reason why they say "48 hours" is because they're using a hypothetical 24 hour egg lifespan (again, grossly exaggerated) and then imagining that at the end of that time, another egg might be released and that too would hypothetically live 24 hours. But that DOES NOT ACTUALLY HAPPEN. In virtually all, if not every case, when someone ovulates two eggs, they're released one right after another or within a few hours of each other and not 24 hours and then another egg that then also lives 24 hours. They are trying to give people completely reliable birth control, NOT help people conceive.

Unfortunately, due to the timing methods, some people took that well-intentioned guideline meant to help people avoid unwanted pregnancy and then started claiming "this means eggs live 24 hours" but it is simply not the case and never has been. It's all hypothetical stuff based in a totally different purpose.

So when you get a positive OPK, that DOES NOT indicate ovulation. You're quite right about that. it means you will ovulate anywhere from 8-48 hours after, average of 24-36 hours. In some cases we're seeing this go as long as 72 hours after first positive, but this is less common than 24-36 hours. The very close times to ovulation (8-12 hours) is much more likely to have been in a person not testing properly with their OPK strips, skipping days, that sort of thing.

Then the egg may live for some time after ovulation (but NOT 24-48 hours that's for sure)

As it is now, we don't have technology to tell us when ovualtion is actually happening. All we can detect is that surge that happens before. And that's what hte OPK do.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic

Jumping in on this - how long after the egg is released does the temperature rise? Last cycle I had a peak show on my clear blue advance monitor just after lunch and positive on cheapy sticks at the same time of testing (which had been dark but not quite enough to be positive with testing that morning). By the next morning (7am), my temperature had jumped right up. This seems really fast, unless temp starts to rise pretty much immediately after ovulation happens.

Thanks!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am TTC this month and I have been using differnt kinds of OPK last 13 month to find my ovulation. The best ovulation OPK is femtometer Ivy. A bit expensive but very accurate.

Overall with all OPKs I usually avoid drinking anything 4 hours before testing and i pee often. In that way I think the pee is undiluted enough to test. if your pee is diluted the the OPK test will never show you peak.

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast